PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets Rebuiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
And we have the ultimate argument made for the Pats versus the Jets right there. From a Jets fan no less.

Mangini was just south .500 and got your Jets to the playoffs (almost made it a second time if it wasn't for Lord Farve), plus he was at least partially responsible for the talent on the team now. Mangold, Harris and Revis were selected and developed on his watch.

As for the others. Romeo had a good year with Cleveland, but too many basket cases (one now on the Jets) couldn't hold it together, Atlanta is doing well, KC and Denver too early to tell. All in all mixed results but it still speaks to the quality of people in the Pats system that the team can survive the amount of brain drain it has and not have a lull in performance.

Romeo had one good year then his team collapse and lost all talent. The thing about the Pats is that they have Brady and Belicheck who are among the best at what they do. Still at this point it looks like Beli's approach has become dated. The league changes and harking on you championships from more than half a decade ago does not mean that your team is keeping up. Given what happened in your wildcard game I think that's become clear.

Brian Baldinger calls Brick the best in the league and I'll supply a link when I edit this post I'm to lazy right now.

You're working off of this:

Ummm, what are you laughing about? Brick is widely regarded as one of the top 3 LTs in the game....is that funny to you?

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/425375-jets-rebuiding-page2.html#post1955800

Baldinger having a stupid take on the LT position doesn't quite cover it.

Again, Ferguson is no better than the #3 LT in the AFCE. Long's better. Light's better. Vollmer may be better.

Romeo had one good year then his team collapse and lost all talent. The thing about the Pats is that they have Brady and Belicheck who are among the best at what they do. Still at this point it looks like Beli's approach has become dated. The league changes and harking on you championships from more than half a decade ago does not mean that your team is keeping up. Given what happened in your wildcard game I think that's become clear.
Winning the division and having a better record than the Jets for the 7th consecutive seaosn is 'dated' and giong 7-7 plus gifts is 'arriving'? Interesting.

Winning the division and having a better record than the Jets for the 7th consecutive seaosn is 'dated' and giong 7-7 plus gifts is 'arriving'? Interesting.

First year head coach, rookie running back, rookie quarterback, midseason wide receiver changes resulting in a trip to the AFC Championship is more than your team accomplished last season. It remains to be seen but the Jets all of a sudden seem more likely to arrive than the Patriots are to return.

You're working off of this:

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/425375-jets-rebuiding-page2.html#post1955800

Baldinger having a stupid take on the LT position doesn't quite cover it.

Again, Ferguson is no better than the #3 LT in the AFCE. Long's better. Light's better. Vollmer may be better.

So what you're saying is that a professional believes that D'Brick is the best at his position thus fulfilling the requirement of evidence you requested. Of course what Baldinger says doesn't make it true. Long isn't better. Light's been consistent. Vollmer? Give me a break if we were going on first year impressions McNeil would be considered the best.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that a professional believes that D'Brick is the best at his position thus fulfilling the requirement of evidence you requested. Of course what Baldinger says doesn't make it true. Long isn't better. Light's been consistent. Vollmer? Give me a break if we were going on first year impressions McNeil would be considered the best.

No, I'm saying that one individual doesn't really begin to address the notion of
Brick is widely regarded as one of the top 3 LTs in the game

Also, Long is a much better LT than D'Bust. As for your Vollmer comment, we can only go by what we've seen to date. Vollmer is clearly the better run blocker of the two, from what we've got to look at now.

Last edited:
No, I'm saying that one individual doesn't really begin to address the notion of

Also, Long is a much better LT than D'Bust. As for your Vollmer comment, we can only go by what we've seen to date. Vollmer is clearly the better run blocker of the two, from what we've got to look at now.

Baldinger also has McNeill as the #3 OT in the league.

Not sure I'd agree with that, either.

So, in short.

Jets have more talented starters

Pats have more talented backups

The only 3 players on the Jets Roster I would take over a Pats starters are Mangold and Revis.

Yes the league is always changing and Belichick has been around for 30 years and is responsible for a lot of the changes. The league isnt going to pass BB by if thats what your implying, hes always changing the way things are done.
The only ones harping on past championships are us fans and as fans were allowed to.

His way is so dated his team only goes 11-5 and wins the division for the 7th year in a row, in a rebuilding phase.

Last edited:
decent but cant help but notice the bias. if youre gonna analyze you gotta do it from a true 3rd person pov

New Yorkers really can't see past New Jersey, can you? Mike Tannenbaum hasn't proven anything. To prove something, it would have to be his theory, or hypothesis, or invention. He's done nothing original, nor are the results he's getting original.
It would also have to be succesful.
So far Tannenbaum has only succeeded in building up expectations. That counts for nothing.

First year head coach, rookie running back, rookie quarterback, midseason wide receiver changes resulting in a trip to the AFC Championship is more than your team accomplished last season. It remains to be seen but the Jets all of a sudden seem more likely to arrive than the Patriots are to return.

How would you rate the Jets regular season last year?

Yes the league is always changing and Belichick has been around for 30 years and is responsible for a lot of the changes. The league isnt going to pass BB by if thats what your implying, hes always changing the way things are done.
The only ones harping on past championships are us fans and as fans were allowed to.

His way is so dated his team only goes 11-5 and wins the division for the 7th year in a row, in a rebuilding phase.

BB was crap in his first head coaching gig. The league isn't passing him by since he is still a top coach in the league but he hasn't built anything that people can point to as great recently and was outcoached in the most important game of what would've made the '07 Pats the greatest team of all time.

BB was crap in his first head coaching gig. The league isn't passing him by since he is still a top coach in the league but he hasn't built anything that people can point to as great recently and was outcoached in the most important game of what would've made the '07 Pats the greatest team of all time.

Sorry you lost me at BB was crap.

How would you rate the Jets regular season last year?

Good to be honest. I expected 8-8. They lost some games just because they were a team that wasn't accustomed to winning. They just didn't know how to win and let games get away from them that shouldn't have. They lost 4 games on the last possession which is a ridiculous amount to have in one season. Still they weren't ever THAT good. However they were better than just any other 9-7 team.

How would you rate the Pats post-season?

So, in short.

Jets have more talented starters

Pats have more talented backups

Uhh... no. Pats are better across the board. The Brady > Sanchez and Moss/Welker > Holmes/Edwards gaps are too big to say that the Jets have better starters.

Last edited:

The more you post the more you gravitate towards reality. Keep going...

The Browns... relax only an idiot homer couldn't admire what BB has done with the Pats

Well then isn't it ironic that the Mangenious is now the coach of that team?

All I want to say is we shall see how the season goes. With all the hype Rex is giving your team, either your going to live up to it, or die trying.

The more you post the more you gravitate towards reality. Keep going...

I do think that his approach towards building a defense with scrubs kinda failed after he lost his older talent and he's just now adjusting. Can't deny the guy's track record (since getting lucky with a 6th round QB of course :D).

Well then isn't it ironic that the Mangenious is now the coach of that team?

All I want to say is we shall see how the season goes. With all the hype Rex is giving your team, either your going to live up to it, or die trying.
Usually how hype works. Like when a team went to the Superbowl all hyped since they were 18-0 going into the game. But you know all about that.
Can't be too civil in this conversation we're rival fans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes