PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets Rebuiding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey don't judge me because I'm too lazy to figure out how to quote two separate people in my initial post without editing it.

Here's a link that has D'Brick at number 4 in the league ahead of you're precious LT and you're precious RT.
Blind-Side Protectors: The NFL's 10 Best Left Tackles | Bleacher Report

Bleacher Report? Are you freakin' kidding me?

:rofl:

What makes it even more precious is that you're not only citing Bleacher Report, but what you're citing goes AGAINST the claim that

Brick is widely regarded as one of the top 3 LTs in the game

Hey don't judge me because I'm too lazy to figure out how to quote two separate people in my initial post without editing it.

Here's a link that has D'Brick at number 4 in the league ahead of you're precious LT and you're precious RT.
Blind-Side Protectors: The NFL's 10 Best Left Tackles | Bleacher Report

You got a rookie QB to turn the ball over. Watch out for that defensive genius. I'm glad beating a team that "backed into the playoffs" in the regular season is your defense for getting beat down in the playoffs.
The Bleacher Report? Are you kidding me.
Check out the profile of the 'expert' you are relying on.
But hey, he gives the player credit for a 'cool name':rolleyes:

Venkat Iyer's Sportswriter Profile | Bleacher Report

Good point arguing about who the better LT is is pointless if the unit sucks. Currently I don't trade in the Jets unit for anything.

To be honest the Jets front 3 or 4 isn't gonna to dominate the LOS ever really. They rely on the blitz because otherwise QBs would have all day. If the Pats unit is cohesive enough and trust each other they should have no problem picking up blitzes like the Colts did. This is gonna be a problem though given the disarray up front right now for the Pats. They are, if things fall right a supremely talented group though.
Disarray?
We have one guy who started 1/4 of last season new on the OL at LG.
I guess the Jet OL is in disarray because you have a new LG?

Bleacher Report? Are you freakin' kidding me?

:rofl:

What makes it even more precious is that you're not only citing Bleacher Report, but what you're citing goes AGAINST the claim that
Click on the authors name and check out his profile. True expert.

"According to anyone" is ridiculous. Using stats to say a team was better than its record is more ridiculous. Win and losses are earned.
If the Patriots didn't lose games late they could have been 14-2. But they werent a 14-2 team because they lacked the quality. The Jets were 7-7 plus gifts because that was what they were. You aren't better than your record becuase you can identify an excuse for losses.
Why would Rex Ryan after what 30 years in football not be able to make a decision because he is a rookie? Excuse. Sanchez played like a bad QB, rookie or not.

Actually it's statistics. And it's really interesting you should read it truly insightful stuff, doesn't make it all true but it has you know FACTS and stuff to back it up. Point is that it is not likely that a KR who never return a kick for a TD in his career to do it against any team. Let alone do it twice in one game. Also it's not likely you hold a team to 10 points and you lose the game. Things like that just don't tend to happen. That's what the source I'm talking about turned into numbers. You can argue that they earned their loss and it's true that was their record but you can't just say, "O their record was so and so that's all they are." A team's potential can be seen through actual analysis of their performances.

Yeah Rex has been around football but do you honestly believe he was fully prepared and had full understanding of what it meant to be a head coach? Sean Payton is a better coach now than when he started coaching. Even you're coach was mediocre before growing into the coach he is now.

So what you're saying is that a rookie QB who plays poorly is the same as a 4th year QB that plays poorly. You beating your chest because your team beat up on Sanchez is fine but don't act like it's anything other than a rookie getting beat by a team with a great coach. If it continues to happen for the next few years I might be worried about his 5 turnovers.

The Bleacher Report? Are you kidding me.
Check out the profile of the 'expert' you are relying on.
But hey, he gives the player credit for a 'cool name':rolleyes:

Venkat Iyer's Sportswriter Profile | Bleacher Report

Eh i'm just finding links. The burden on me is to find the opinion of people. Now Bleacher Report is a joke but someone believes that D'Brick is pretty freaking good and in the end that's what we're debating. I could turn around and say find me people who think Light is better than Brick right now. Those lists may or may not exist. I'm trying to find them or you could prove your point.

Actually it's statistics. And it's really interesting you should read it truly insightful stuff, doesn't make it all true but it has you know FACTS and stuff to back it up. Point is that it is not likely that a KR who never return a kick for a TD in his career to do it against any team. Let alone do it twice in one game. Also it's not likely you hold a team to 10 points and you lose the game. Things like that just don't tend to happen. That's what the source I'm talking about turned into numbers. You can argue that they earned their loss and it's true that was their record but you can't just say, "O their record was so and so that's all they are." A team's potential can be seen through actual analysis of their performances.

Yeah Rex has been around football but do you honestly believe he was fully prepared and had full understanding of what it meant to be a head coach? Sean Payton is a better coach now than when he started coaching. Even you're coach was mediocre before growing into the coach he is now.

So what you're saying is that a rookie QB who plays poorly is the same as a 4th year QB that plays poorly. You beating your chest because your team beat up on Sanchez is fine but don't act like it's anything other than a rookie getting beat by a team with a great coach. If it continues to happen for the next few years I might be worried about his 5 turnovers.
Statistics dont win games. Players making plays when the game is on the line does. To suggest a loss isnt really a loss because an unusual event occured is, well, stupid.
What are you blaming on Ryan that will change?
I think Sanchez is a bad QB.
See this is the problem with Jet fans.
Your logic is Sure Sanchez sucked. But that doesnt count because he was a rookie. Therefore I can say he is good, unless he sucks for 5 years.
There is a total absence of evidence that suggests that QB who play as awful as Sanchez did as a rookie (he was the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL. The worst apparently was dfrug addicted and now is unemployed) are likely to become good QBs.
The fact is he was a terrible QB, noit because he was a rookie, but because of his skills, or lack thereof. It is what it is.
Thats OK though. Keep acting like Sanchez must be good because you hope real hard, that losses aren't really losses, and keep acting like you won this years SB until someone takes it away from you. You are afterall te self=annointed defending paper champs.

Eh i'm just finding links. The burden on me is to find the opinion of people. Now Bleacher Report is a joke but someone believes that D'Brick is pretty freaking good and in the end that's what we're debating. I could turn around and say find me people who think Light is better than Brick right now. Those lists may or may not exist. I'm trying to find them or you could prove your point.

me too...I'm just finding links..here's a nice link that suggests that Jet fans have the collective I.Q. of a basket of turnips...

jest.jpg

I can quote posters on this board and that has as much value as your Bleacher report source. I believe the challenge was to find someone who knows what they are talking about. If thats the best one you can find, that kind of speaks for itself, doesnt it?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a divisional rival thing, I'm not sure about Saints rivalries but Pats vs. Jets is pretty intense with all the bad blood from the past decade. Because of that, our forum is filled with a bunch of Jet "posters" that push out some really poor quality trolling.

sbpatfan, thanks for that, from our point of view we truly don't understand it.
Falcons have been our rivals since the 70's, and yes they hate us, but we really dont hate them. I dont know maybe were daft, because they really do hate us allot,,lol. We just don't care. To us its football, sportsmanship, and friendship.
I cant imagine not paying for a Patriots fans drinks and talking ball after a loss or win , makes it fun. We think its the people we meet and the experience we have loving this game, maybe we have that wrong. WE just love football.

Ive seen them post badly against the Patriots many times, and Ive seen the restraint most poster have had here to not post in the Jets forum, and seen worse from your folk. Granted we are not all perfect, so who stops it a Patriot or a Jet?

I cant change the past, and its never going to take a fool like me to change anything . The Jets posters and people have to change there manor, and its going to be hard, for the first one that tries, but I do know you will give that guy a chance.

Because your good people, and when we asked for help ( I know it was the Colts) , but you came. You gave a nobody the time of day, why do you think your so respected here, its because of your teams and fans actions. Maybe others deserve the blessings you have given to New Orleans,

Last edited:
Statistics dont win games. Players making plays when the game is on the line does. To suggest a loss isnt really a loss because an unusual event occured is, well, stupid.
What are you blaming on Ryan that will change?
I think Sanchez is a bad QB.
See this is the problem with Jet fans.
Your logic is Sure Sanchez sucked. But that doesnt count because he was a rookie. Therefore I can say he is good, unless he sucks for 5 years.
There is a total absence of evidence that suggests that QB who play as awful as Sanchez did as a rookie (he was the 2nd worst starting QB in the NFL. The worst apparently was dfrug addicted and now is unemployed) are likely to become good QBs.
The fact is he was a terrible QB, noit because he was a rookie, but because of his skills, or lack thereof. It is what it is.
Thats OK though. Keep acting like Sanchez must be good because you hope real hard, that losses aren't really losses, and keep acting like you won this years SB until someone takes it away from you. You are afterall te self=annointed defending paper champs.

Statistics don't win games that is correct. However, you ask me what I saw in the regular season last year and I told you. Then I presented you with a source to indicate that I wasn't the only one to look at it that way.

Next you make it seem that the thought of a head coach getting better as he gains experience is foolish even though thats the nature of pretty much every profession.

Then you A) assume that I believe Sanchez is good right now B) Judge a rookie based on 1 season of play. Then you compare him to another quarterback who A) plays a different style B) has a different skill set C) has different work ethics D) was in his 3rd year. Actually Sanchez was on par with most rookie QBs in the last 25 years. Then you say Sanchez is bad because of his skillset which you can believe of course but not without also acknowledging that for most QBs the rookie/ first year starting year is usually an outlier.

I can quote posters on this board and that has as much value as your Bleacher report source. I believe the challenge was to find someone who knows what they are talking about. If thats the best one you can find, that kind of speaks for itself, doesnt it?

I posted a link from a football expert claiming Brick is the best in the league already. That was discredited since it was Brian Baldinger who isn't credible apparently. So should I ask for a list of pre-approved "experts" who may or may not have made a list ranking o-linemen?

I posted a link from a football expert claiming Brick is the best in the league already. That was discredited since it was Brian Baldinger who isn't credible apparently. So should I ask for a list of pre-approved "experts" who may or may not have made a list ranking o-linemen?

Baldinger was one person, and only one person. The claim made was not that "someone thinks D'Bust is the best LT in the NFL".

Baldinger was one person, and only one person. The claim made was not that "someone thinks D'Bust is the best LT in the NFL".

I'm trying to defend the statements of another, which was my first mistake, but I could find plenty of people who think Brick is top 5-6. I'd like you to find me sources that believe Matt Light is better than Brick.

That doesn't equal good depth. That means you have bodies to throw at the situation. The back up O-linemen on the Jets are pretty damn good and in general have had playing time over the last 2 years. Wayne Hunter, Robert Turner both of them can come into any position on the line and hold there own. Behind them you have two young guys Vlad Ducasse who is a talent but is raw and probably wouldn't be more than the third backup if he doesn't win the LG job. If he doesn't then Slauson would've earned it and may be performing at a high level.

Are the Jets the deepest team on the O-line? Hell no. But are their first two backups something to worry about? Not really they are solid hold the fort type guys.

Uh Huh. Yeah, sure...

Flawed logic from typical Patriot homers

Pats backups haven't been great either, no teams' backups, when they are all on the field.

Jets are extremely deep, ST's figures to be much improved with the talent they now have in the back end of the roster.

Jets are deep at RB, WR, CB, S, LB, FB, and have quality TE's with their #4 TE making a strong case to make the team.

Suggesting they could be in trouble because of lack of depth only shows your cluelessness.

Strong at RB, Grant you have 1 RB; and a guy who lost it last before season, and a barf-bucket change of pace never was guy. That's Deep? What is shallow?

You mean a five man Offensive line, with three starting Offensive linemen?

LMAO...ignorance is bliss. Was Revis a top 5 CB when he signed his rookie deal? The deal was front-loaded and he has cashed in plenty. he held out for the deal he signed. And you fault Tanny for making a deal that many considered to be creative and fair? You can't expect that someone is going to hold out with 3 years left on their deal, especially when they held out to get said deal. But, you can comtinue to be ignorant and say that was Tanny's fault.

Clueless

The Jets approached Revis post AFCC loss about doing a new deal and making things right. Why? Because his contract wasnt fair. But, do go on believing his contract is fair and creative. Its truly comical. Basically, Revis is being paid slightly more than his rookie season after a Pro Bowl season.

Its pretty common for NFL players to begin to pay dividends in year # 3. Fatso has been boasting for 2 years that Revis is the best defensive player that hes ever coached.

The Jets had a good feel for who they were drafting. They moved up to get him. Are you suggesting this is all a big shock that Revis is playing so good? Why pay him almost 8 mil in 2009 and only 2 mil in 2010? Why should Revis take a pay cut when his stock is rising?

Yes, you can expect a player to holdout with 3 years on a crappy deal like this. Especially, the way Leon Washington got kicked to he curb.

Tanny made this mess.

Clueless

The Jets approached Revis post AFCC loss about doing a new deal and making things right. Why? Because his contract wasnt fair. But, do go on believing his contract is fair and creative. Its truly comical. Basically, Revis is being paid slightly more than his rookie season after a Pro Bowl season.

Its pretty common for NFL players to begin to pay dividends in year # 3. Fatso has been boasting for 2 years that Revis is the best defensive player that hes ever coached.

The Jets had a good feel for who they were drafting. They moved up to get him. Are you suggesting this is all a big shock that Revis is playing so good? Why pay him almost 8 mil in 2009 and only 2 mil in 2010? Why should Revis take a pay cut when his stock is rising?

Yes, you can expect a player to holdout with 3 years on a crappy deal like this. Especially, the way Leon Washington got kicked to he curb.

Tanny made this mess.
You can't call someone clueless and make this statement. You can't expect whoever it is you draft to become the best player at his position especially in 3 years. Even if you do, you can't structure or put together a contract for a rookie who was drafted 14th overall because you think he might be great. The Jets already gave Revis more money than his slot demanded to get him for 6 years so you're point is moot anyway.

Most contracts in the NFL are written with down years in them. The Jets approached Revis because they feel he's worth locking up long term. Revis took their approach to mean he should be paid the most in the NFL. The talks began as good faith negotiations on the part of the Jets since it didn't have to happen and Revis was still due 20 Million guaranteed after this season.

Demarcus Ware was due 1 million last year, that's not fair for a player of his calibur. Brady made just 3 million last year, that's also not fair value. The thing is NFL contracts for great players are pretty much guaranteed and most of them have down years, that doesn't mean a player should hold out everytime he hits a where is being paid less.

Last edited:
You can't call someone clueless and make this statement. You can't expect whoever it is you draft to become the best player at his position especially in 3 years. Even if you do, you can't structure or put together a contract for a rookie who was drafted 14th overall because you think he might be great. The Jets already gave Revis more money than his slot demanded to get him for 6 years so you're point is moot anyway.

Most contracts in the NFL are written with down years in them. The Jets approached Revis because they feel he's worth locking up long term. Revis took they're approach to meaning he should be paid the most in the NFL. The talks began as good faith negotiations on the part of the Jets since it didn't have to happen and Revis was still due 20 Million guaranteed after this season.

Demarcus Ware was due 1 million last year, that's not fair for a player of his calibur. Brady made just 3 million last year, that's also not fair value. The thing NFL contracts for great players are pretty much guaranteed and most of them have down years, that doesn't mean a player should hold out everytime he hits a down year.

Perhaps you should sit down and take a deep breath, and seriously reassess WHY you are a fan of the Green Beans. The whole Revis fiasco has been terribly mismanaged and your head coach is just as much to blame for it as Tannenbaum. The personnel philosophy of those two with Woody Johnson as idiot enabler has built a house of cards that's already begun teetering. Get out, save yourself now.

Uhh... no. Pats are better across the board. The Brady > Sanchez and Moss/Welker > Holmes/Edwards gaps are too big to say that the Jets have better starters.

Tim Graham disagrees.

"Most talented: Jets. The collection of players crackled at times. Maybe all the "Hard Knocks" cameras are bringing it out, but I saw more highlight-reel plays at SUNY Cortland than anywhere else."

How'd they look? AFC East camp musings - AFC East Blog - ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey