PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2014 Edition : Jets continue to suck (what else is new)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me see, it's the damn NFL and anything can happen. What happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in the future Get that into your head.

How about we wait and see? I believe we Will win it all within the next five years.If I'm wrong so be it, but I doubt I will be.
You will be wrong.

It doesn't matter who you draft at qb next year, he will be ruined before he hits the field. Just look at what a fresh start for Sanchez has done.

I'll win the lottery before you witness a Jest superbowl.

Derek Carr has played excellent this season, their not taking a Quarterback. I can already see the fear creeping in you! All you can do is pray and hope, that we don't land Mariota.

So, about that Derek Carr playing excellent theory. ...

laughing.gif

Let me see, it's the damn NFL and anything can happen. What happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in the future
I hate to shatter the foundation of your fragile psyche, but the fact of the matter is YES IT DOES! ESPECIALLY with YOUR team! Unless you change ownership, management, players, fan base, janitorial staff and waste management contractor, it will be SOJ from now into the foreseeable future.

How about we wait and see? I believe we Will win it all within the next five years.If I'm wrong so be it, but I doubt I will be.
You have nothing to base this on other than the same tired old thinking that has followed your team and all associated with it into a cesspit of futility for nearly five decades. I have better things to do with my time than play "wait and see" with an eternal train wreck. So should you.

In a few years, you will all see that I was correct. We will get our franchise Quarterback next year, and hopefully will win a superbowl within the next five years. It will happen, trust me.

I'll be here to remind you of these last four days, when we eventually raise the Lombardi trophy, we so desperately covet. It WILL happen in your life time, and when it happens you'll never hear the end of it from other Jet fans and I.

I thought that was Pennington / Clemens / Favre / Sanchez / Geno / To be continued .......

All your QB's are Richard Todd clones ........... the curse of Todd.

jetsfans180950-300x150.jpg

Last edited:
Let me see, it's the damn NFL and anything can happen. What happened in the past has no bearing on what will happen in the future Get that into your head.

Who knew Rex Ryan would troll our forum ..........

Look, you delusional cretin: you've had plenty of "franchise" quarterbacks over the past 46 years (FORTY-SIX YEARS) and still no NFL championship. What makes you think anything is going to change over the NEXT 46 years? You ask us to "trust" YOUR judgment? OUR judgment is much more reliable. Leave the Dark Side of Despair and Perversion and come into the light. There's still time while you have a bit of sanity left, but I wouldn't wait long if I were you.

Let's lay it out for the poor bastard.

First of all, does it tell you anything that the owner's name is Woody Johnson, and the first JEST QB was actually named (I did not make this up) **** Wood? Never mind, let's remember the Parade of Saviors.

Let's start with the guy you're praying to return, Joe Namath.
One good year dude. Hence your "anything can happen" attitude, I guess. That's how it's done in NY, right? More losses than wins, More INTs than touchdowns. That ain't good in any era. But granted, that's your high point, your one ring. Very Tolkein. One ring to rule you all, cuz that's all it takes. But moving on.

The next guy you thought would lead you out of the wilderness was Richard Todd. Hallelujah! All hail the Next Namath! First round talent! Bama pedigree! The heir to Namath!

Indeed, minus the One Ring. Oh wait, I forgot the USFL championship with the Michigan Panthers. Heir to Namath indeed, at least in the NFL - lost more games than he won, threw more INTs than TDs.

Never mind that, here's Ken O'Brien! Surely the Return of the Namath. First rounder and all that! In fact he was actually good. Really good. But he played for the JEST. The outcome...? You know the outcome. "Anything can happen." Just not for the JEST. BWAHAHAAAHHHHHHAAAAAAAA. Once again: More losses than wins. This from a guy who could throw for 400 yards and a perfect rating. Because you're the JEST.

And on and on. Vinny, Boomer, hell, you even got a few games out of Rick Mirer on the premise that the Pats got Bledsoe and that worked out... Then the sad sad stories of the last decade or so. The travesty of the Woulda Coulda Shoulda king, Pennington. The "just passing through" Brett Favre year. The clown parade of Sanchez, Smith, and Vick.

Really? You're just one draft pick away? Still? Doesn't occur to you that you already drafted Ken O'Brien, and nothing happened?

And those were the good years!

Listen, here's the thing. Your team doesn't win its last game. Ever. Oh wait, I come at this from the point of view of a playoff team. It sometimes wins meaningless last games in the regular season. This year you've designated it "your super bowl."

Sad man, just sad. You don't have a super bowl. You don't even have a hope of one. "ohhhh it will cycle back around...?" Are you on drugs? It never cycles back the JEST way... the freaking Tampa Bay Buccaneers won a SB. The Seattle Seahawks won a super bowl, two if you count the one against Pittsburgh. They weren't in the league the last time your team was in one. The Baltimore Ravens, two of em... A team represented by an, ahem, winking pirate and a team named after a fuggin poem are better than the JEST. I am sure there is a team with a longer drought, but there can't be many.

Have you guys thought about playing in Canada? It worked for Flutie.

Just dayum.

That sounded harsh.

I implore you once again to adopt a team. A real team. Doesn't have to be the Pats. You don't want to be laid up in a nursing home one day thinking of the things you regretted, and realize they all happened on Sunday afternoons in blocks of 2-3 hours.

Save yourself.

That sounded harsh.

I implore you once again to adopt a team. A real team. Doesn't have to be the Pats. You don't want to be laid up in a nursing home one day thinking of the things you regretted, and realize they all happened on Sunday afternoons in blocks of 2-3 hours.

Save yourself.
What a chilling thought -- being a Jets fan for decades, then dying. In other words, living life in purgatory and then going to hell.

This is starting to feel like an intervention with a self-destructive addict.

It's not your fault dude. You were probably peer-pressured into it, or it's a family pattern of abuse. This is not who you are - there is just an expectation of being a JEST fan that you've internalized, indeed, that you've transformed into a core part of yourself.

Just try not giving a **** about the JEST for one day. (Nobody else does, after all.) Then the next. Then the next. Don't fall back on bad habits when they seem to show flashes of competence, or when the next futile high draft pick falls to the JEST. Just take it one day at a time.

In a few years, you will all see that I was correct. We will get our franchise Quarterback next year, and hopefully will win a superbowl within the next five years. It will happen, trust me.

I'll be here to remind you of these last four days, when we eventually raise the Lombardi trophy, we so desperately covet. It WILL happen in your life time, and when it happens you'll never hear the end of it from other Jet fans and I.
You guys are doin' fine kid. Don't worry. It's not like you spent the 18th overall pick on a Punt Protector.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2255172-what-has-led-to-calvin-pryors-removal-from-jets-starting-lineup

http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/article-7/STS-Calvin-Pryor-Personal-Protector/559b7b7b-c884-449a-9de9-d997ffb44e1b

My excuse for this post is: "Once a Jet - always a Jet"

Someone in the Cowboys Zone actually thinks their backup QB would be upgraded with Mark Sanchez. And just after the Packers beat the Sanchez-led Iggles 53-20 :D:confused::rolleyes:

My point? Anything can happen, and past failures should have nothing to do with the present and future.

Past failures may not have anything to do with your present and future failures but you still get credit for failing so consistently. The sunrise has nothing on you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back