PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 season: The Jets suck (as usual)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should take a moment on Easter Sunday to note that while the JEST suck, some things are more important.

To recognize this, Rex Ryan has chosen 12 JEST players to have Easter Dinner with him. He will ceremonially wash and kiss each of their feet before leading the gathering in prayer, ending with the traditional JEST blessing over food, "Now let's go eat a goddam SNACK!"

This is going to be a very difficult email for me to write, but it is time I was really and truly honest with myself and with the world.

I am . . . a Jets fan. ::: ducks :::

I've been trying to hide it, hoping I could show enough vitriol and enough knowledge of the Patriots to pretend to be one of you guys, but the strain of it has been killing me. How can I stand to watch as the Patriots get guys like Gronkowski and Hernandez to catch the ball from Tom Brady, while we Jets fans have the "privilege" of watching Mark "Buttfumble" Sanchez week in and week out chuck the ball into the air—and our hopes of winning along with them?

And what do you think it feels like to watch Rex "Footloose and Fancy Free" Ryan divide the team over and over again with his "gut-first" reactions and decisions? (And, no, I don't think making it to two AFC Championship games means we're really better than the Patriots. I've learned that much hanging out here the last few years.)

It's been a challenge. I've been depressed about my team for years, and I thought that by taking part here on this board, I'd get at least a fleeting glimpse of what it's like to be a real team. But the truth of it is that it makes me even more depressed to be a Jets fan, to see what we're really missing out on—and how far we still have to go. And don't get me started on the 2013 season. (There isn't enough alcohol in the world for that discussion. . . .)

So I will now abscond and depart in silence, licking my wounds for what looks to be another 43 years of futility and sucking while rooting for the moribund Jets franchise.

Farewell forever,

EWG Gestalt

P.S. So long, and thanks for all the fish.

OT: JEST no longer suck

I tried to make a satirical post about how the JEST might not suck.

I tried so hard—but let's face it.

They're thinking of starting Mr. Buttfumble at QB.

And this is what passes for April Fools' over at JI. . . .

The JEST do, in fact, still suck.

:singing:

Anyone here see "Men in Black III"? An alien wearing a Jets T-shirt and cap gets blown up. Too funny!

Re: OT: JEST no longer suck

:singing:

They're a friggin' freak of nature because they can suck AND blow at the same time. :D

I was beginning to think YOU were abducted by aliens...where have you been lately???...it is required that you post in this thread about the intergalactic nature of Jet suckage at least three times a week...or else today's Pats fans may quickly forget this immutable law of eternal suckage that is the green beans only fate.

a gift for everyone....NYJetsSuck.com -- Where You Come to Hate the Jets

NY-JETS-QUARTERBACKS.jpg

I was beginning to think YOU were abducted by aliens...where have you been lately???...it is required that you post in this thread about the intergalactic nature of Jet suckage at least three times a week...or else today's Pats fans may quickly forget this immutable law of eternal suckage that is the green beans only fate.

a gift for everyone....NYJetsSuck.com -- Where You Come to Hate the Jets

NY-JETS-QUARTERBACKS.jpg

I was away on business last week. Thanks for noticing! (Even then, divine hatred of the Green Beans was foremost in my thoughts.)

Hey gestalt, if you're not gone yet, think about embracing the dark side. (Or as Darth Vader the southern edition put it... "Yawl come on over to the dark side.... it'll be a hoot!")

Hey gestalt, if you're not gone yet, think about embracing the dark side. (Or as Darth Vader the southern edition put it... "Yawl come on over to the dark side.... it'll be a hoot!")

We are not "the dark side." The Patriots represent the truth and the light. East Rutherford is home to the dank, blighted dregs of sub-humanity. :rocker:

ctpatsfan77 said:

Posted from Patsfans.com App for Android

We are not "the dark side." The Patriots represent the truth and the light. East Rutherford is home to the dank, blighted dregs of sub-humanity. :rocker:

It's all relative... though you'd expect pure evil to somehow be a little more competent

Hanna Arendt was right. It's banal.

All I have to say is: did you click on the link? :D

All I have to say is: did you click on the link? :D

Oh hell, I figured it was just a random Douglas Adams reference. Okay "welcome back" :D

Here's to a second (and maybe a third?!) butt fumble in the 2013 season vs the Jets!

Smart fireman. Standing by and letting it burn (he knows it would be a lost cause).

He's waiting for the New Jersey fire department to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes