PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2013 season: The Jets suck (as usual)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex Ryan makes it clear New York Jets' QB job up for grabs - ESPN New York

tebow still in mix? sure he is thrilled to still be in NY..

Think about it. Everyone on here is all gloom and doom, rebuild and try to compete by 2015, but when you look at it, the Jets could be good next season.

They were (6-10) with a terrible coaching staff, bad roster, and poor GM in 2012..

Now they are going to free up cap space by cutting dead weight like Bart Scott, Jason Smith and Calvin Pace. Also likely releasing or trading Tim Tebow (Huge distraction), letting Dustin Keller (who rarely played) and Shonn Greene (average RB) go, and hopefully replacing them with young, hungry players.

It looks like Powell, McKnight, Holmes, Kerley and Hill are the current skill position players, which is not great, so hopefully they can add to that.

Quarterback is still a question mark, but even if Sanchez starts, it is highly unlikely he will be as bad as he was in 2012.

The defense will still be solid, even if they lose Landry to Free Agency and trade away Revis, but if they keep Revis it will obviously be even better.

Special Teams was terrible in 2012, hard to be worse than that in 2013. I mean the Jets were a disaster last year. They will improve, even on Special Teams without Mike Westhoff.

I don't know what free agents or draft picks the team will add, but I am sure they will be welcome additions and improvements to a bad 2012 roster.

Also, some of the young guys like Wilkerson, Coples, Hill, Kerley, Davis, will only get better with experience.

Obviously the team has a lot of questions, but I think it is not unreasonable to believe this team will be able to compete in 2013. Thoughts?

not unreasonable to believe that team can compete? Does competing mean getting 6 wins? Their schedule is brutal. I say 4 wins

Reports today that Rex is happy Wes left the team.

Irony.

Rex is happy that Wes left his team, and I am happy that Rex stayed at his team. I guess we're even.

Being a Patriots fan is NOT COMPLETE without a simmering hatred for the Jets. All of the success that we've enjoyed with our Pats is multiplied by the buffoonery and dysfunction that the Jets display year after NFL year.
This coming season will be no different, and maybe even MORE entertaining as even the most defiant Jets Apologist MUST be in full on meltdown mode.
I cannot WAIT!

RexampMS_zpscf2f9daa.jpg

Rex Ryan makes it clear New York Jets' QB job up for grabs - ESPN New York

tebow still in mix? sure he is thrilled to still be in NY..

not unreasonable to believe that team can compete? Does competing mean getting 6 wins? Their schedule is brutal. I say 4 wins

By my count they do not have starting caliber players at:
QB
RB
WR
WR (Holmes is decent if healthy but thats it)
TE
G
G

DE
NT
OLB
OLB
ILB
S
S
CB (if Revis goes)

Under even the most optimistic of all thinking they have the following players that could be considered average or better as a starter at their position.

OFFENSE- Mangold, Ferguson
DEFENSE- Wilkerson, Harris, Cromartie and Revis who they are trading.

This could be the worst team in the NFL.

The jets and entire AFC east have a very tough schedule in my eyes...saints, ATL, TB Steelers, Cincy Balt...jets will be lucky to finish 3rd in division

The jets and entire AFC east have a very tough schedule in my eyes...saints, ATL, TB Steelers, Cincy Balt...jets will be lucky to finish 3rd in division

Maybe they are going with the suck for picks tactic. Drop this season for great picks in 2014.

Oh wait....they suck regardless. Nevermind!!

:singing::singing:

Maybe they are going with the suck for picks tactic. Drop this season for great picks in 2014.

Oh wait....they suck regardless. Nevermind!!

:singing::singing:

They saw that tactic work for the Colts.
I wouldn't put that past the NYJ either.

Well, I suppose it could also be used as a non-pharmaceutical treatment for constipation. :rofl:

Yer thinkin of this... the helmet enema...
11923946-large.jpg

Head On: Apply directly to the forehead.

yeahhhh no, I'm gonna say not "just below" the boiling point, but that's just me :D

Best description of Jet QB's I've seen yet.

Tebow, Garrard, Sanchez:
Bumble, Stumble, and Butt Fumble :rocker:

Yer thinkin of this... the helmet enema...
11923946-large.jpg

Hey! Isn't Sanchez leading with the crown of his helmet? That's a 15-yard penalty! :singing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft