PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2011 season: The Jets Suck (merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys miss it with Sanchez. We all know he isn't a great QB, and he does look God awful at times but he does find ways to win. Many were on this board saying the same thing last year, and what happened? He lead them to the AFC Championship game again. You can hand pick 5 or 6 games from last year, where he didn't even look like a good college QB, but somehow he got them to the playoffs, and lead them to the AFC Championship game.

This may sound crazy, but the only team that could stop us from getting to the Super Bowl this year is the Jets, and Sanchez' post season moxy is a big reason why. That is why I am pissed the Chargers blew it today. They could've put the Jets in a big hole.

Fixed your post for you because he didn't lead them to the AFCC. If he had the Jest would have been in the SB. They haven't ever been to the SB since the merger of the AFL-NFL. Or, the last 43 years.

So you are saying he's the perfect bridesmaid.

4 tds, 1 called back for a rediculous holding, and Sanchez is average. Geez you guys are a spoiled bunch....

I see you're into the Grateful Dead. Does smoking weed help you maintain your state of delusion? Does Santonio ever drop by to share a spliff?

The Jets can very well make the playoffs...It will probably be close with whomever lose the AFC West and the Bills. My predictions for the playoffs right now is 1. Pats 2. Ravens 3. San Diego 4. Texans 5.Steelers 6. Jets/Raiders/Bills/Bengals.

I see you're into the Grateful Dead. Does smoking weed help you maintain your state of delusion? Does Santonio ever drop by to share a spliff?

I wish Santonio would smoke me up. Who has better bud, Holmes or Hernandez?

I disagree that the Jets are the only team stopping the Pats from getting to the Super Bowl. I fear Baltimore far more. Possibly the Texans. I still don't even know if I think the Jets will get to the playoffs. The Chargers played like crap today and gave the Jets too many opportunities.

I can still see the Jets losing to the Bills (possibly twice), Pats, Giants, Redskins (not as much after today and last week), and possibly the Chiefs (if their resurrection is not a mirage). They could still be 9-7 and miss the playoffs. They have yet to show that they can beat a team bringing their A game.

As for previous years, the Pats were too pass oriented and the Jets had a dominant defense. The Jets defense is definitely flawed and can be exploited. And the Pats have shown a commitment to the run. Rex has to show he can adjust to that.

The Jets could be right in it at the end and could fix their problems, but they still show a lot of flaws on both side of the ball.

The Chiefs? ************... I swear your DWC2 or Ray Ray reincarnated as a Patriots fan.

aww poor baby. u mad?

I think anyone that doesn't wear the green goggles will admit that its not Sanchez that got the team anywhere, its the jets D. Watching the Jets this year, its more obvious than ever. If their D was just average, the Jets would be going nowhere. Thats not a bash on Sanchez, because as we all recall, the 2001-2004 Pats would have gotten nowhere without their D.

Sanchez does just enough not to totally screw the Jets. Barely enough. Those that say Sanchez is the reason that the Jets got to the playoffs/AFCCG are delusional. It is all the Jets D. Gotta give the D credit. If not for their D this year, the Jets would be looking at 1-6. Sanchez has tried really hard to make it 1-6, but their D just won't have it.

I hate the Jests and I think Sanchez is a 3rd-tier QB, but good teams find a way to win ugly when they're playing poorly, and the Jests seem to do that quite a bit. I thought it was too good to be true when I saw the halftime score, and sure enough, it was. Nice job, Superchargers.

Last edited:
PH2006100101060.jpg

<snicker>

Norv Turner and Philip Rivers are clueless right now. I don't blame river for the tipped ball pick, that is typical Jets luck. The other one was awful.

But how in the hell do you not call 2 plays at a time when you have no timeouts and 1:30 let to play? And why throw the ball out of bounds on the last play? And what the hell were those formations in the "hurry up"?

Their decisions are beyond stupid. It's like Tony Romo playing the Jets all over again. How to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory guys!!!!!

I just downrated Rivers in my QB estimation bigtime for those bad decisions and bad plays. I'd thought he was possibly bottom of top 5. Now, not so much. It's not like he had the excuse of being consistently hammered by the Jets pass rush. Just did mostly meh up until he started doing really bad things.

"We don’t allow faster than light neutrinos in here" said the bartender. A neutrino walks into a bar.

now....this is perfect...let's see if Rat fan can figure out what it means....

PH2006100101060.jpg

<snicker>

THAT is blatant child abuse -- physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Was this case prosecuted? What happened to the perpetrator(s)?

THAT is blatant child abuse -- physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Was this case prosecuted? What happened to the perpetrator(s)?

They got 43 years in Green Sludge State Penitentiary

They got 43 years in Green Sludge State Penitentiary

Problem is, that unfortunate child likely is SOL. No orphanage outside East Rutherford will take him.

Problem is, that unfortunate child likely is SOL. No orphanage outside East Rutherford will take him.

Hey...don't blame me...I voted for sterilization of the entire fanbase followed by removal from the planet to a small moon,Dingleberry, orbiting Uranus....
mexican.gif
omg-banana-funny-animated-gif_20090414_1414949797.gif

then its up to us to save these poor wretches. We need to get more Lombardi's so they will see and understand the folly of their clueless and flawed parents. These kids need PATRIOTS SHIRTS AND HATS badly.

The Chiefs? ************... I swear your DWC2 or Ray Ray reincarnated as a Patriots fan.

Chiefs are 3-3 the Jets are 4-3.

I don't know if the Chiefs' three game winning streak is a mirage since they haven't played great competition, but then again I don't know if the Jets' streak is a mirage either because they haven't beaten great competition either. I clearly clarified that about the Chiefs in my posts, but I wouldn't expect a homer Jets fan like yourself being objective.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand