PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2011 season: The Jets Suck (merged a lot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
IM, A DRUNK BUCKEYE FAN AND I HATE HOLMES. AND THE JETS. HAve not won a SB SINCE THE MOON LANDINGS. I BLAME SOMEONE.

THAT is blatant child abuse -- physically, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. Was this case prosecuted? What happened to the perpetrator(s)?

The saddest part is, the Jest won that day!:(

The saddest part is, the Jest won that day!:(

That won't hold up in court. It only extends the abuse, making the child delusional and giving him false hope. Plus, he'll grow up believing that being obese and pimping your wife to strangers on Internet fetish sites is "normal." Very sick, very sad indeed.

IM, A DRUNK BUCKEYE FAN AND I HATE HOLMES. AND THE JETS. HAve not won a SB SINCE THE MOON LANDINGS. I BLAME SOMEONE.

No seriosyly . Jets fan. I never hated you til magina. I love Magngold. but I hate holmes. I do think he is better trhan the rest iof the idiots. he said no comments to monney gate/tatto gate. .

god.. need to stop drinking lol.

Last edited:
Does any other team in the league have two gift wrapped wins like the Jets? First Romo, now Rivers, and neither QB needed to force things. The Jets should be 2-5 and crying in their Manhattan Clam Chowder about what could have been. Plax makes me gag, actually the whole team does, yeck.

Does any other team in the league have two gift wrapped wins like the Jets? First Romo, now Rivers, and neither QB needed to force things. The Jets should be 2-5 and crying in their Manhattan Clam Chowder about what could have been. Plax makes me gag, actually the whole team does, yeck.

They are Goodell's golden child. I wouldn't be happy with the performance of the Jest if I were a fan. Two given wins does not make a team a good one.

They are Goodell's golden child. I wouldn't be happy with the performance of the Jest if I were a fan. Two given wins does not make a team a good one.

They think it was brilliant and they deserved it....and one of the Jets writers is saying that win shows why the Jets think they are a Super Bowl contending team! :eek:

Last edited:
They think it was brilliant and they deserved it....and one of the Jets writers is saying that win shows why the Jets think they are a Super Bowl contending team! :eek:

Didn't they already have their SB? Oh wait they lost to us.

I have a big bet on the Jets missing the playoffs, SD and DAL ruin that, does anyone think they will miss it? They look really lucky again like they could reel off 4 straight ugly wins AGAIN.

I have a big bet on the Jets missing the playoffs, SD and DAL ruin that, does anyone think they will miss it? They look really lucky again like they could reel off 4 straight ugly wins AGAIN.

I think they miss out, the AFC looks pretty tight for the wildcard spots and the Jets aren't winning the AFCE.

Right now, they are definitely not a guarantee to get to the playoffs. Odds are they are not going to catch the Pats for the division barring something freak happening since the Pats have a 2 1/2 game lead and their schedule is arguably easier than the Jets. The Wild Card is going to be tough because, of the non-divion leaders, the Steelers, Bengals, and Bills all have better records and have arguably been playing better. Oakland has the same record and have the tie breaker. You can also argue the Titans have been playing better. KC is 3-3 with a 3 game surge although it is too soon to know if they are for real or just playing crappy competition. Even the Browns are 1/2 game back on the Jets at 3-3.

I think the Pats will ultimately win the division (based on their lead and their remaining schedule) and the Steelers will get one of the Wild Cards. That means the Jets will fight it out with about four other teams to get the final Wild Card. That means that the Jets cannot lose more than three more games, possibly two depending on tiebreakers. I haven't seen enough good out of them to think they can go 6-3 the rest of the way.

At this point, I don't know what to make of the Jets because the Dolphins suck and the Chargers shot themselves in the foot a lot yesterday. The next two games for the Jets will tell you what they are all about. Gun to my head, I say they miss the playoffs. But I certainly wouldn't be shocked if they do make it.

Last edited:
Right now, they are definitely not a guarantee to get to the playoffs. Odds are they are not going to catch the Pats for the division barring something freak happening since the Pats have a 2 1/2 game lead and their schedule is arguably easier than the Jets.

I think the Patriots have a 1.5 game lead, not a 2.5 game lead.

If the Patriots beat the Steelers, the Jets will be 2 behind coming out of their bye. If the Patriots lose, the Jets will be 1 game behind, with a game to play against them at home where they are 4-0. It is way too soon to predict tiebreakers. (Obviously, if the Patriots win in NY, they will hold the tie breaker, but otherwise, it's too early.)

The Patriots have a very tough assignment playing in Pittsburgh. If they lose, the Jets are right in this thing. In fact, I think the Jets are right in this thing either way. If the Pats are able to win the division, I think the WC could come down to the Bills and the Jets. The Jets are only .5 behind with 2 games to go against the Bills and the teams are trending in the opposite direction. The Jets are going to be a factor all year. I think people were way too hasty writing them off at 2-3.

Last edited:
Mods, please delete my drunken post. Ugh. Never drinking again.

No....they stay up...they're fine...done it a hundred times before, my dyam self.....feel proud of yourself that even when blasted out of your gourd, you STILL have the sense to know...the Jets do suck

I think the Patriots have a 1.5 game lead, not a 2.5 game lead.

If the Patriots beat the Steelers, the Jets will be 2 behind coming out of their bye. If the Patriots lose, the Jets will be 1 game behind, with a game to play against them at home where they are 4-0. It is way too soon to predict tiebreakers. (Obviously, if the Patriots win in NY, they will hold the tie breaker, but otherwise, it's too early.)

The Patriots have a very tough assignment playing in Pittsburgh. If they lose, the Jets are right in this thing. In fact, I think the Jets are right in this thing either way. If the Pats are able to win the division, I think the WC could come down to the Bills and the Jets. The Jets are only .5 behind with 2 games to go against the Bills and the teams are trending in the opposite direction. The Jets are going to be a factor all year. I think people were way too hasty writing them off at 2-3.

The Pats are ahead by two in the loss column plus the tiebreaker. So technically it is 2 games.

I don't think the Steelers are particularly tough match up for the Pats. Yes, the Steelers are still winning, but the Pats are a bad match up for them. The last time Brady lost to them was 2004. The Pats could lose to them, I expect the Pats to win because the Steelers' defense never seems to be able to stop Brady even when they are a top defense which they certainly are not this year.

I agree that people had written off the Jets too quickly, but I also think people are too quick to make them a strong playoff contender just yet. The Dolphins are one of the worst teams in the league and the Chargers are not very good despite their record. The next two games for the Jets will tell us if they are legit or they just can beat on the bad teams.

Last edited:
Chargers really are the better team, they just pissed this one away.

In the second half they did not look like the better team. What was it, like 17unanswered points? They might have won this game or tied it up for OT but Rivers throws an int to Wilson? Nope they did not look like the better team.

Sanchez is developing into a very average, low-to-middle-of-the-pack NFL Quarterback.

I don't ever see any flashes of brilliance that some (notably Jets fans and the occasional annalist) often claim. All he displays are flashes of competency among quite a few yearly slumps. After three years, I think Jets fans need to face the fact that he's more then likely going to be mediocre.

At the very best, I project his potential as a system QB that won't be the reason you lose to many games but also won't win you to many on his arm either. And at the worst he becomes another failed Jet's QB who's cut after a disappointing, INT-laden season.

Actually I saw from visiting YETS boards that they know this, that he's barely average and prior to yesterday they were starting to get on his case. Now they'll go back to being his supporters until he stinks things up again and starts looking like someone stole his helmet.

In my opinion, Sanchez is better than we want to give him credit for. The Chargers are the Chargers. They did today what the Chargers do, whether coached by Norv or Marty. The Jets are, if nothing else, resilient and they're tough-minded, particularly at home. The Jets fans think we get all of the calls and we think they do. Today, I think they got more than their share. I despise the Jets, but I don't think they ever quit and a team with good talent, good coaching (I hate Fatso, also) and what seems like a fair amount of luck will always be a tough out. If they make the play-offs, they'll be a worthy opponent. With all of that said, I hate myself for admitting it, but I believe it's the truth.

I more or less agree with you about the YETS having the wherewithal to be decent but they were better last year and the year before. On offense they have fairly good starters but there is no depth at most positions and that is a major issue in the NFL, considering the frequency of injuries. Also, they did not improve at all in the off season, (look up Derrick Mason). I note that although Burress came alive, finally, in the red zone, that he is old and slow to be an every down receiver. He'll catch his share, (a small share), but one can already see that Kerely is a better option for Sanchez than Plax is, outside of the red zone.

Lastly, the YETS did manage to get the run game going yesterday, which is always when Sanchez is more effective, because he is very good at play action. No run game, no play action and a bad day for Sanchez. Better teams will stop the run first and dare Sanchez to beat them with his leadership skills, which he does not have. Mangold and Holmes appear to be the offensive leaders.

I'm def not writing off the Jets....Do I think they will be consistent enough to win the AFCE? nope! However, I think they will be in it until the end for the last wild card. The AFC is mediocre this year, so many teams will have a chance.

No....they stay up...they're fine...done it a hundred times before, my dyam self.....feel proud of yourself that even when blasted out of your gourd, you STILL have the sense to know...the Jets do suck

Lol. Not on twitter.
Deleted this.

614Patsfan NinjaZX6R
@RobGronkowski Say no to herpes!.

614Patsfan NinjaZX6R
@ochocinco I like you.Don't worry about Pats fans. I see you owning someone in the playoffs.!

614Patsfan NinjaZX6R
@bspikes55 Ok Spikes. When you powww someone, you love it?

614Patsfan NinjaZX6R
@
@jrLaurinaitis Come back to Ohio ST!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back