PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

You're a doofus; this WAS a rebuilding year.

Now we have two late 1st-round picks, a young OL and DL, and a lot of injured guys coming back.

See you in XLII.

(This was directed at the thread-starter, by the way, but Sanvara also fits the description.)

Last edited:
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

I hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL, but how can you say you have to rebuild? The whole front line is first round picks who are youngsters, your linebacking core will still be there, you may lose Samuel but for the most part the defense is all going to be there. Tom Brady will still be there, Maroney will have another year under his belt, and you have a chance to get some WRs via draft and free agency.

I'm a Dolphins fan, but I know we will have to go throught the Pats to win the AFCE. Even a Dolphins fan isn't dumb enough to say the Pats need to blow it up.

No kiddin Aqua - sanvara is a Superchargers fan...LOL They know nothing about winning championships - ever - which is why it is such a hoot to see him come here to instruct us. Last week it was on how to (or not to) celebrate a road win.

A lot of people are coming out of the woodwork in the wake of the loss. Whatever, guys... the Dolphan seems to get it, I don't see how our own fans don't get it.

This team, as has been noted elsewhere, has overachieved. We've been reloading, and will be all offseason.

If there's one thing the NE Patriots are not, it's an easy out.

Get a grip, guys. Some years you do not win the Super Bowl.

And then, other years, you do.

XLII, f'rinstance ;)

PFnV

I really think the Dynasty is done. I love the Pats, but this was their best chance to keep it going. I've seen it happen to the Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys. Key players get old, other players leave, having to draft late sooner or later hurts you. I think we are in for more defections in the off season, I think Samuel is gone, so though we have 2 #1 picks, we know we have to spend one on a stud CB, who may take 4 years like Samuel did before he became good. Sports is very cyclical, and I think we are done. Though we will have more draft picks to add to the team, I'm not feeling as good about the 2006 draft as I was earlier in the year. I don't see anything in Maroney or Jackson that suggests greatness. Also, we have a killer schedule next year, Brady will be 30 next year, Bruschi, Vrabel & Harrison will be a year older. Not to mention, 2007 may be Belicheck's last year. Dynasties come to an end, let's be happy with what we had, and hope we can see another one some day. Being a Yankee fan, our Pats got Red Soxed, despite playing their hearts out, they lost an 18 point lead, no team has ever won a Conference Championship game after being behind 18.

I hear garbage like this and I have to ask if you have actually watched the Pats football the last 6 years. The Dynasty isn't over just because the Pats lost in the Championship game this year.

The reason the lost the 18 point lead is because they had to fight the refs as well as the Colts.

1) Another PHANTOM Roughing the Passer call
2) A BOGUS pass interference call on Hobbs
3) Not calling the pass interference on HAYDEN when he did th exact same things that Hobbs did, excep that Hayden ALSO made contact with Reche.
4) The BOGUS Offensive pass interference on Brown.

The Brown PI was the difference in the game IMO. The Pats had all the momentum until that play and it killed the Pats.

Back to the point though, as long as Brady and BB are with the Pats then the dynasty lives on. The Pats were within one drive of being in another SB. All the Pats fans who are *****ing right now are spoiled by the success of the past few years and need to remember the lean times that we all suffered though. Like others have said, gain some perspective. The Pats are still a highly competative team and will be back again next year. Its not like we missed the playoffs people.

A very painful defeat. Congrats to the Colts. One thing very evident, our receivers, though good, are not in the class of the Colts' receivers. We need an upgrade. Hopefully, Chad breaks out next season. We need to give Brady the weapons he needs.

Uh....what's over?...the Patriots are trending UPWARD from last postseason...we will compete for the Lombardi again next season...and if we can get homefield THIS time, I like our chances...relax

No kiddin Aqua - sanvara is a Superchargers fan...LOL They know nothing about winning championships - ever - which is why it is such a hoot to see him come here to instruct us. Last week it was on how to (or not to) celebrate a road win.

HAHA! I wasn't aware of his rooting orientation so I just figured he was one of the disgruntled Pats fans who go nuts after a loss. (Trust me, I see ten times more of it over at Finheaven.)

But yeah, you guys will be back and I can't wait for the 2007 season. Good year guys, you got us this year and we'll give you a better fight in 2007.

A lot of people are coming out of the woodwork in the wake of the loss. Whatever, guys... the Dolphan seems to get it, I don't see how our own fans don't get it.

This team, as has been noted elsewhere, has overachieved. We've been reloading, and will be all offseason.

If there's one thing the NE Patriots are not, it's an easy out.

Get a grip, guys. Some years you do not win the Super Bowl.

And then, other years, you do.

XLII, f'rinstance ;)

PFnV

No worries, it happens with every fan base. I can't decide which one is worse as far as hobbits, the Pats or the Fins. The fact is every team has them, you guys will be competitive for sure next year. I can't say you'll be in the playoffs because I'd like for us to have something to say about that ;), but the Pats won't fold in 2007. I know that.

Last edited:

HAHA! I wasn't aware of his rooting orientation so I just figured he was one of the disgruntled Pats fans who go nuts after a loss. (Trust me, I see ten times more of it over at Finheaven.)

But yeah, you guys will be back and I can't wait for the 2007 season. Good year guys, you got us this year and we'll give you a better fight in 2007.

No worries, it happens with every fan base. I can't decide which one is worse as far as hobbits, the Pats or the Fins. The fact is every team has them, you guys will be competitive for sure next year. I can't say you'll be in the playoffs because I'd like for us to have something to say about that ;), but the Pats won't fold in 2007. I know that.

Good luck to you, too. You have class (and we know a bit about that ;) ).

Thank the stars you got Cameron instead of Carroll; it weakens the Chargers, and he might actually win some games in the NFL! :D

Geez, we are four points away from going to the Super Bowl and our dynasty is over and it is time to rebuild? Come on! We are a few holes that need to be filled from bbeing right back in the Super Bowl hunt next season.

Good luck to you, too. You have class (and we know a bit about that ;) ).

Thank the stars you got Cameron instead of Carroll; it weakens the Chargers, and he might actually win some games in the NFL! :D

HAHA! I like the smack talk while keeping it respectable, that's what it's all about man!

I am thrilled about Cameron and think he was the best available option and you're right, Carrol would've been bad and just the Saban era revisited.

See you all next year and hopefully we are the ones atop the AFCE! Good year Pats fans.

You're a doofus; this WAS a rebuilding year.

Now we have two late 1st-round picks, a young OL and DL, and a lot of injured guys coming back.

See you in XLII.

(This was directed at the thread-starter, by the way, but Sanvara also fits the description.)

I didn't say anything about rebuilding or not. I said when you lose two years in a row a dynasty is over. You then reload and start another run.

Last edited:

Nothing is over, we will be better next year than we were this year, there is no doubt about that. We were a play or two away from going to another Super Bowl, in what I would consider a rebuilding year in itself, just looking at the roster. We will get younger next year and stronger at key positions, and even though our schedule is tough during the regular season, it is probably for the best.

I didn't say anything about rebuilding or not. I said when you lose two years in a row a dynasty is over. You then reload and start another run.

Again, that would be news to Joe Montana, Steve Young and Co.

This shows your ignorance since the Chargers beat the Boston Patriots for a championship. And you call yourself a Pats fan? You need to learn your Patriots history. :rofl:

Last edited:

This shows your ignorance since the Chargers beat the Boston Patriots for a championship. And you call yourself a Pats fan? You need to learn your Patriots history.

Yeah, keep holding onto that one.

I didn't say anything about rebuilding or not. I said when you lose two years in a row a dynasty is over.

Here's a newsflash for you. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. (what else is new).

The 49ers won 4 SBs in 9 years. Their dynasty covered that entire span. In fact, many people say their dynasty started in 1987 and went through 1998.

The Pats Dynasty hasn't stopped. The Pats put up a 14-5 record this year. That is nothing to be disappointed about and it sure as hell isn't a sign that the dynasty is over.

There will definitely be some new faces here next season, but the Patriots still have an amazing core of players, one of the best QBs in the league and one of the best coaches in the league.

Yeah, keep holding onto that one.

And you Pat's fans study up on your team's history so I don't need to give you any more history lessons.

Last edited:

This shows your ignorance since the Chargers beat the Boston Patriots for a championship. And you call yourself a Pats fan? You need to learn your Patriots history. :rofl:

1st off, No one counts AFL Championships.

2ndly, that was almost 44 years ago. The point that the Chargers don't know anything about winning Championships stands. Hell, you were't even alive then, were you?

And you Pat's fans study up on your team's history so I don't need to give you any more history lessons.

Yeah, it's been 44 years and nobody around here has gotten over that one. I know I live in constant fear of the 63 Bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News