PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

1st off, No one counts AFL Championships.

2ndly, that was almost 44 years ago. The point that the Chargers don't know anything about winning Championships stands. Hell, you were't even alive then, were you?

Well I can agree that what happened in the past means nothing and this year the Pats and the Chargers are both losers.

But it's pretty sad when a fan of another team needs to educate a Pats fan about their team's history. I guess the Pats have bandwagon fans too.

Last edited:
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

I didn't say anything about rebuilding or not. I said when you lose two years in a row a dynasty is over. You then reload and start another run.

WTF do you know about dynasties? When did the Chargers have one, troll?

Well I can agree that what happened in the past means nothing and this year the Pats and the Chargers are both losers.

But it's pretty sad when a fan of another team needs to educate a Pats fan about their team's history. I guess the Pats have bandwagon fans too.

The difference is, the Chargers will be losers next year, too, what with Marty coming back and all.

the sour grapes of Chargers fans are coming out all over the place, not only did they lose to us, but now they are on here trying to feel better about themselves by coming on here and trolling. I think they are just mad they have to deal with Marty for another season.

WTF do you know about dynasties? When did the Chargers have one, troll?

At least I know the history of the game unlike some of the bandwagon fans here.

the sour grapes of Chargers fans are coming out all over the place, not only did they lose to us, but now they are on here trying to feel better about themselves by coming on here and trolling. I think they are just mad they have to deal with Marty for another season.

The sour grapes are actually many Pats fans that can't deal with the reality their their team is aging and they have lost in the playoffs two years in a row with the most recent loss being the biggest choke job in playoff history. No team has ever come back from a 21-3 deficit in playoff history, except against the Pats.

Last edited:

W/o Cameron and Chudzinski. OUCH.

This shows your ignorance since the Chargers beat the Boston Patriots for a championship. And you call yourself a Pats fan? You need to learn your Patriots history. :rofl:

I'm sorry sanvara - around here we tend to refer to championships as Superbowl wins, and not what are now basically conference wins which SD did manage once back in the dark ages pre merge. And then again before losing to a dynasty in the real championship game. :eek: I believe that was when the delusional concept of San Diego's team being Superchargers was born. :rofl:

At least I know the history of the game unlike some of the bandwagon fans here.

What history? That Dan Fouts was the second-greatest QB ever to not win a Lombardi? That AFL Championships = AFC Championships? That steroids cause brain tumors? That Marty always loses the big one? Please edify me, slimy troll.

Charger football = losing football. NOW and THEN.

Fouts? Whooptidy-do.

Air Coryell? How'd that work out?

I love the idea of some overcooked Charger troll lecturing Patriots fans on the ins and outs of what constitutes success and what doesn't. Meanwhile Shottenheimer returns in 2007 and the football world laughs.

I'm sorry sanvara - around here we tend to refer to championships as Superbowl wins, and not what are now basically conference wins which SD did manage once back in the dark ages pre merge.

Well this is funny since the Patriots were playing back then too. The Patriots were charter members of the AFL in 1960 and played as the Boston Patriots through 1970. Many players from that era are in the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Tell those guys it means nothing. You need to learn to respect the history of the game, especially when it involves your own team.

You also tend to know about choking away the biggest lead in playoff history. This is a different Pats team now. The clutchness is gone. It's time to face reality. The reality of this team now is what you saw today, not what happened 3 years ago. It's kind of like the old man who says..."I remember when..."

Last edited:

You are the weakest link...goodbye.

No team has ever come back from a 21-3 deficit in playoff history, except against the Pats.

Except for, you know, the Bills against the Oilers (but that deficit was 28-3 at the half, and 35-3 afterwards).

Here's a newsflash for you. You don't have a clue what you are talking about. (what else is new).

The 49ers won 4 SBs in 9 years. Their dynasty covered that entire span. In fact, many people say their dynasty started in 1987 and went through 1998.

The Pats Dynasty hasn't stopped. The Pats put up a 14-5 record this year. That is nothing to be disappointed about and it sure as hell isn't a sign that the dynasty is over.

There will definitely be some new faces here next season, but the Patriots still have an amazing core of players, one of the best QBs in the league and one of the best coaches in the league.

And if it went according to his rules, there'd be no such thing as a dynasty, since the Steelers won 74, 75 (lost 76, 77) won 78, 79. And the Cowboys would just barely qualify.]

What I think is amazing is that they are even able to put up 12-4 regular season records (and only be a 4 seed, to boot). They will still have a very competitive team next year, and some of these young guns will only get better.

The Pats DO have to rebuild and restock talent. But I see no reason to think we won't make it to the big show again next year if we do our homework correctly in the offseason and make the right moves. Instead of "doom and gloom" why don't you suggest a positive plan for the rebuilding effort?
They have done this every season. There are only a handful of players left from 2001.

I really think the Dynasty is done. I love the Pats, but this was their best chance to keep it going. I've seen it happen to the Steelers, 49ers and Cowboys. Key players get old, other players leave, having to draft late sooner or later hurts you. I think we are in for more defections in the off season, I think Samuel is gone, so though we have 2 #1 picks, we know we have to spend one on a stud CB, who may take 4 years like Samuel did before he became good. Sports is very cyclical, and I think we are done. Though we will have more draft picks to add to the team, I'm not feeling as good about the 2006 draft as I was earlier in the year. I don't see anything in Maroney or Jackson that suggests greatness. Also, we have a killer schedule next year, Brady will be 30 next year, Bruschi, Vrabel & Harrison will be a year older. Not to mention, 2007 may be Belicheck's last year. Dynasties come to an end, let's be happy with what we had, and hope we can see another one some day.
With two first round draft picks, it's time to reload for another championship run!

I really think the Dynasty is done. I love the Pats, but this was their best chance to keep it going.
The stupidest post I've ever seen not by a troll. Makes Keegs look like a genius.

They lost the AFCCG by four points so the dynasty is done? If we run a couple first downs when up by 3 with three minutes to go, the dynasty is alive and well?

A couple of first downs do not define a dynasty. High quality play over the long term does. That's why the Pats are a dynasty and the 85 Bears were a superior team, but not a dynasty.

This must be a joke post that just wasn't funny? I find it hard to believe you are as dumb as you are trying to look.

I find it comical (actually pathetic is more like it) that a Chargers fan feels the need to remind Patriots fans all about the history of the NFL, yet he is the one in need of a history lesson.

He mentions not once, but twice about how the Patriots choked away the biggest lead in NFL playoff history, yet as has been pointed out, this is not the case.

Listen dude, I fully understand you still have your panties in a twist after your nine pro bowl/league MVP/ pack of losers choked (sound familiar, seems to be a word YOU like to use) vs the Patriots a couple of weeks ago, but you look pretty small minded (your brain pan isn't exactly mensa material either) to jump into this thread and spout the crap your are spouting.

Your team was the number one seed, was two plays away from being the first ever 16-0 team and the end result is one and done, have a nice day, thanks for playing.

WTF has the whole city of San Diego ever won in pro sports as far as championships go? Zero, zip, nada. SD is a nice beach town but it's not a serious sports town.

Ask Dungee or Manning. They will tell you that the patriots dynasty is not over.

Did you here them say that? I would like to read it if so. To me the dynasty isnt over. WE just made it to the AFCCG, with a whole new offense practically. I would say the dynasty is over when we dont at take a good playoff run. Or dont make the playoffs. We still won our division this year, and really where the team to beat in this years playoffs.

I agree wholeheartedly - its time for a change.

After all, Ty Law isn't what he used to be. David Patten too I think is on the downside of his career. Joe Andruzzi? I love the guy but we've got to get younger on the OL.

I'm beginning to get the feel that Willie McGinest might be getting a bit older - let's keep Tedy as long as he'll play but I wish someone would realize we need to get younger at LB. Same with Ted Johnson - he's taken a lot of hits to the head - might be time for him to retire too.

And when is this front office going to realize that we can upgrade over Ted Washington. And its really time to rebuid and let Antowain Smith move on. I mean, 2 SB rings is nice but don't you think we can upgrade? Same with Christian Fauria, not to mention Roman Phifer and Damien Woody. You know, even Adam V. is beginning to lose a little leg strenght on kickoffs - we might want to be thinkng about the future a little sooner rather than later. Same with Branch and Givens. Heyyy, wouldn't it be cool to go into a season with a completely new WR corps?

I mean what are we thinking with all these guys still on the team?????

Now about Brady - I think he's a keeper and has a few more good years left but after all, it has been six years, so....

Let's just hope that BB and SP and Bob Kraft read this board and get the word that we think its time to rebuild.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back