PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

1- There will never be a rebuilding with Belichick here ... he factors in going forward.

2- D-Line is relatively young

3 - O-Line except for Matt Light fairly young and contractually good for a few years.

4 - Running Backs I will say fairly young with Maroney & Evans. Kevin Faulks are there in the draft in rounds 3 & 4 with homework and a peck of luck.

5 - QB we are all set there ... every year or so we'll have a new name in there.

6 - Linebackers and secondary ... this years draft can go for that.
Add 1 OL & 1 RB somewhere in the mix...keep Patrick Pass.

We are right in there for a top 4 AFC team next year barring inury to Brady.

EDIT: I forgot ... if there is something wrong with Brady's shoulder as I think there is (rotator cuff) then rebuild that year while he recovers .... eventually he will need surgery on it or retirement...he can live without the surgey if he chooses.

Last edited:
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

This post can't be serious. Since 1994, 14 seasons.

11 seasons of 8-8 or better

9 playoff appearances

7 times won at lkeast one playoff game

5 conference finals

4 Sbs

2 losing seasons -- Parcells' 2d year and BB's first

(Pete Carroll got a tough deal -- he had 10-6, 9-7, and 8-8 seasons; in the 9-7 season, 3 teams had 10 wins or more in the AFC; in the 8-8 season, the Pats tied for LAST out of 5 teams in the AFC; in the 8-8 season, Vinatieri missed GW FGs in 2 games -- to Bills and KC)

It's not quite as good as San Fran -- 5 SBs in 14 years and 5-0, but they did miss one year and had 3 years of one-and-done in the mid 1980s. Otherwise, I think the run stacks up well against other teams, and will continue as long as there is Brady.

Made a mistake -- 12 seasons of 8-8 or better. There were 3 non-playoff seasons of 8-8 or better, and in all three (the first two in particular), the division was very strong.

I can't wait till this thread slips off the first page as it's title truly offends me!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

This is a ridiculous post. Go away

1. First of all the Patriots finished better than they did last year, thats and up trend, and they just as easily could have been playing in the Superbowl as the Colts are.

2. The offensive line is young and under contract for the next several years.

3. The defensive line is awesome, young and under contract for the next 2 years.

4. Tom Brady has at least 4-5 awesome years left in him.

5. Belichick is the head coach.

6. The Patriots are the only team with 2 first round draft picks.

7. The Patriots by most projections are in great cap shape and can immediately fill 3-5 positions of need with free agents.

8. The Patriots manage there team as well if not better than any other team in the NFL.

this is stupid the 49er dynasty lasted 15 years with playoff loses in 82,83,85,86,87,90,91,92,93,what kept them a dynasty is they contended every year for a championship.
Until we miss the playoffs all together the dynasty still lives

...2002????

If you think the Patriots run on a make a run for it/rebuild philosophy, you are sadly mistaken and I am embarrassed to have you as a fellow fan of the Patriots.

I agree with Pats1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey