PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

Talk about jumping off the bandwagon.

Hey, moron, who's jumping off the bandwagon, I've been a Pats fan since before you were born (probably). You can't go through life being naive. You think some of the stuff I said isn't going to come true ? If the Pats sign Samuel and some other free agents to make this team better, and that's a major if, that'll tell you the direction this team is heading. If they don't, i don't see this team staying great, competitive, maybe, but not great.

Re: Thanks for a great 6 years Pats.....time to rebuild, the dynasty is officially ov

Anyone who thinks this this editiion of the Pats was their last hurrah has his head firmly implanted up a horse's ass. This team will get stronger. Statistically, the injury bug has to to start evening out, and we have some money to spend. The taste of defeat will not settle well. London Fletcher, come on down. We will be in the playoffs for as long as BB/TB are with us.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO LOSE THIS GAME. THIS TEAM WASN'T UP TO SNUFF. AND I BLAME THEM 100% We now haVE A BUNCH OF LOSERS ON OUR HANDS

I think you are all misunderstanding my thread, it's not a negative thread, it's just saying that I think they dynasty is over. To consider the next year or two as part of this current dynasty, we'd actually have to win a championship. Typically teams that lose 3 or 4 years in a row aren't considered a dynasty. So we'd have to win one in the next year or two, I just don't see that happening, and I stated why in my thread. This doesn't make me less of a Pats fan, or an idiot, just my opinion. All the stars have to be aligned to get back to the SB, and I don't see that in these current Patriots. 2 or 3 years ago, there's no way what happened tonight would've happened. I will always root for the Pats, I live and die with them, but I just happen to think the dynasty is finished.........for now.

this is stupid the 49er dynasty lasted 15 years with playoff loses in 82,83,85,86,87,90,91,92,93,what kept them a dynasty is they contended every year for a championship.
Until we miss the playoffs all together the dynasty still lives

THERE IS NO EXCUSE TO LOSE THIS GAME. THIS TEAM WASN'T UP TO SNUFF. AND I BLAME THEM 100% We now haVE A BUNCH OF LOSERS ON OUR HANDS

You are far too young to give up on life. If you must, use a sharp razor.

Dynasty is not over. It's tough to fall back on, but Brady and Belichick are still here.
How many teams have won 3 super bowls, made the divisional round, and made the AFC championship over the course of 6 years? Just because they lost today doesn't mean this isn't a great organization that will still be successful.

The Pats will still be successful, but when you lose two years in a row a dynasty is officially over.

Dumb post. Dynasties are defined as sustained excelllence over an extended period of time. The 49ers are the most recent example. THe dominated the 80s, lost an NFC title game in 1990, and bounced back to win a SB in 1994. They were in the playoffs almost every year over a 12-14 year period. They won some, they lost some. We are now 6 years into what I would definse as sustained excellence.

This team is built for sustained success. With the draft and a good salary cap situation there's no reason to believe we're not in this exact spot a year from now. At that point, you take your chances and hope for the best.

Last edited:

this is so insane! we blow a 21-3 lead in the AFC Title game and the dynasty is over? what is that? did we go 6-10? nope. 12-4 and a trip to the afc title game is not how dynastys end. this team is set for the future. yes linebackers might be old but look at the rest of the team. both lines are signed for the next few years. watson is a good young TE. we still have tom brady. laurence maroney is 22. even our kicker is under 24. we have two first rounders in the upcoming draft. we'll only get better.

I watched a movie on cable the other night called "The Hills Have Eyes". You sound like one of the mutants.

Hey, moron, who's jumping off the bandwagon, I've been a Pats fan since before you were born (probably). You can't go through life being naive. You think some of the stuff I said isn't going to come true ? If the Pats sign Samuel and some other free agents to make this team better, and that's a major if, that'll tell you the direction this team is heading. If they don't, i don't see this team staying great, competitive, maybe, but not great.

Unless you were a Pats fan in '66, you would be lying.

Franchise Samuel. Graham has done nothing to expect a premium contract and will be resigned.

The Pats have two first round draft picks and just remember Jerry Rice wasn't a barn-burner in his first year either.

And the Pats sit pretty in the salary cap picture.

Last edited:

WTF is with your people. Your damning a team that won 3 playoff games in 2 years. The only current team to win one playoff game for 4 straight years... The dynasty is alive and well!

Dumb post. Dynasties are defined as sustained excelllence over an extended period of time.

Nope. Dynasties are defined by Championships only. Nothing more and nothing less.

A lot of you need to log out and go look in the mirror. What you will see staring back at you is the face of a loser.

This team had no business making it to the final minute of the final four. That they did with as few elite weapons as they did is just testament to the system and the core players around which it is built. Which is why they will be back - and one of the two teams who face off next Sunday will be wishing they could regroup and the other will be resting on it's laurels. Winning two out of three in four is what made this a dynasty and as long as we continue to compete as we have in spite of all manner of obstacles we will remain one.

Nope. Dynasties are defined by Championships only. Nothing more and nothing less.

Well then I guess the 49ers weren't a dynasty in your definition. I'll alert the 99.9999 percent of the population who has a clue.

Well then I guess the 49ers weren't a dynasty in your definition. I'll alert the 99.9999 percent of the population who has a clue.

Once you lose two years in a row a dynasty is dead. You can reload and start another one though. Dynasties are about championships. Lose two years in a row and it's over. You then start over if you can.

Last edited:

Sure. The 49ers were one and done in the playoffs in 1985, 1986 and 1987, and then proceeded to win back to back super bowls in 1988 and 1989. The score in the super bowl after the 1989 season was 49ers 55, Denver 10. Those two super bowl wins, combined with 81 and 84, made them a dynasty all through the 1980's. You can't tell me this Patriots team won't compete again for a super bowl. The Patriots dynasty is ON.

Wow. Lots of negativity here. Look, I have a knot in my stomach right now. Losing a game we were up 21-3 is tough. Real tough. But, we were playing against a prolific offense. Several of our players got hurt or were playing hurt. The second half collapse is tough, but there are reasons for it. Give credit to Manning. That was a ballsy performance. He did not do what he always does and that is choke. Our defense was beaten, that's ll. I knew NO lead was safe in this game.

I am very proud of this team. Anyone remember, "they have nothing, look at all the departures"...blah, blah, blah. We need to make some additions, that's all. I mean c'mon...if we had the weapons that Indy has on offense, we would be putting points up everywhere.

There is no ending to this dynasty. Heck, we went 12-4 with NO receivers to speak of, won two playoff games and without a collapse in the second half, would be in the Super Bowl. We need to add a stud linebacker, wide receiver and safety...and teach our offense how to run block. I am as sick as the rest of you but hell, it was a heck of a season.

And, you know what...Peyton Manning showed class after the game. We may hate him and be sick of him, but he's not getting arrested, not doing stupid dances, not doing steroids, and not talking trash. Well, I have babbled enough. But c'mon, we just need to make a couple of additions and we will be right back here.

Hey, I want to vomit...really, I do. But after the game, my beautiful 3 year old daughter walked over and hugged me and said "Daddy, I love you." (Prompted by my wife, of course)...made me put things in perspective...I love the Pats and am heartbroken, but...this team will be back next year...and, I have the birth of my second daughter to look forward to on February 7th...who cares about the Super Bowl??

Last edited:

The Pats will be in it next year, but same as the 49ers did they need to reload on their talent.

What happened to the 49ers when Rice went into decline? A guy named TO stepped up.

I don't know if we're going to be that lucky but the Pats definitely have some holes to fix. As we saw tonight, Caldwell is no Branch. He can play a pretty good Givens imitation but he's no Branch.

I hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL, but how can you say you have to rebuild? The whole front line is first round picks who are youngsters, your linebacking core will still be there, you may lose Samuel but for the most part the defense is all going to be there. Tom Brady will still be there, Maroney will have another year under his belt, and you have a chance to get some WRs via draft and free agency.

I'm a Dolphins fan, but I know we will have to go throught the Pats to win the AFCE. Even a Dolphins fan isn't dumb enough to say the Pats need to blow it up.

I hate the Pats more than any other team in the NFL, but how can you say you have to rebuild? The whole front line is first round picks who are youngsters, your linebacking core will still be there, you may lose Samuel but for the most part the defense is all going to be there. Tom Brady will still be there, Maroney will have another year under his belt, and you have a chance to get some WRs via draft and free agency.

I'm a Dolphins fan, but I know we will have to go throught the Pats to win the AFCE. Even a Dolphins fan isn't dumb enough to say the Pats need to blow it up.

I think it is either drunkeness or plain stupidity...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News