PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there any chance at all that he makes it to the active roster during the play offs? I think he could catch some teams by surprise. However, given that he has not played that many snaps with Brady and our need at DL, probably not.

Re: Taylor Price Highlights?

I think you want to say that you hope he is active.

I had a chance to look at the game again and watch the tail end of it, and he has a surprisingly explosive first step. On both slant passes he caught, he was a full step ahead of his man. On the first one, Vontae Davis was so far behind Price, he couldn't even make contact when he dove for the tackle.

I thought I was fairly clear if you don't get hung up on semantics. But point taken :p

him and tate show ALLOT of promise

I'm not impressed with Tate. He makes every catch look difficult. His 52% catch rate is bad, with Brady throwing him the ball.

Price looked smooth in his routes and his catches looked effortless.

My guess is that Price needs work on blocking and special teams, which was why he's been inactive for so long.

My guess is that Price needs work on blocking and special teams, which was why he's been inactive for so long.

Actually blocking is one of his strongest skills. On his highlight reel, you can see him wiping out a DE.

He was inactive for so long because he missed all of OTA due to not being eligible (NFL rules stipulate that rookies cannot participate until their colleges have held their commencements). This put him behind everyone on the learning curve right off the bat.

Actually blocking is one of his strongest skills. On his highlight reel, you can see him wiping out a DE.

He was inactive for so long because he missed all of OTA due to not being eligible (NFL rules stipulate that rookies cannot participate until their colleges have held their commencements). This put him behind everyone on the learning curve right off the bat.
Let's wait after three seasons to evaluate the play of a Patriots wide receiver selected in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Let's wait after three seasons to evaluate the play of a Patriots wide receiver selected in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

Ditto for a 2nd round TE and a 4th round TE. :rolleyes:

I saw an interview with him and I was impressed that he has a very good attitude. It's hard to stay "in the game" when you're inactive every week, but he seems to have done it.

I saw an interview with him and I was impressed that he has a very good attitude. It's hard to stay "in the game" when you're inactive every week, but he seems to have done it.
With regard to 2011, the wide receiver and tight end positions for the New England Patriots do not need to be upgraded.

I'm not impressed with Tate. He makes every catch look difficult. His 52% catch rate is bad, with Brady throwing him the ball.

Price looked smooth in his routes and his catches looked effortless.

Remember this is Tate's first full season. I think he can be a good player, I just don't know if he'll actually ever turn into the deep threat people were expecting. I want to see them use him much like they used Stallworth early part of 2007. Get him the ball quickly and let him do some running after the catch.

With regard to 2011, the wide receiver and tight end positions for the New England Patriots do not need to be upgraded.

Not even if AJ Green falls to us? Someone should slid some weed into his hair or something

Last edited:
Not even if AJ Green falls to us? Someone should slid some weed into his hair or something
The New England Patriots have much greater needs at offensive guard, offensive tackle, and running back.

Remember this is Tate's first full season. I think he can be a good player, I just don't know if he'll actually ever turn into the deep threat people were expecting. I want to see them use him much like they used Stallworth early part of 2007. Get him the ball quickly and let him do some running after the catch.

That is a good point to make- this is literally his first season. And as we all know, WR is the hardest position to master.

The New England Patriots have much greater needs at offensive guard, offensive tackle, and running back.

Oh yes! We have a serious need at RB, 19 TDs and 1556 yards rushing are just not enough. We must have 50 TDs and 20,000 yards in rushing. BJGE and Woodhead are no good because they're UDFA.

We must have a first round pick like Maroney.. oh wait..

Oh yes! We have a serious need at RB, 19 TDs and 1556 yards rushing are just not enough. We must have 50 TDs and 20,000 yards in rushing. BJGE and Woodhead are no good because they're UDFA.

We must have a first round pick like Maroney.. oh wait..
I seriously doubt Faulk, Morris, Taylor will be back in 2011. According to your comment, the New England Patriots will only carry two running backs on the roster for the 2011 NFL Season.

I'd like to see much more of Price next season. Tate always seems too stiff imo. He makes every catch look harder than it should be. Price seems much more fluid when he's out there.

I seriously doubt Faulk, Morris, Taylor will be back in 2011. According to your comment, the New England Patriots will only carry two running backs on the roster for the 2011 NFL Season.

That all makes sense, except for that little thing called free agency.

That all makes sense, except for that little thing called free agency.
Yeah except for that little thing called the salary cap which will be reinstated for the 2011 NFL Season. The Patriots are not going to pay a running back more money than BJGE when the higher priority is to sign Matt Light for at least one year and Logan Mankins to a long term contract.

Ditto for a 2nd round TE and a 4th round TE. :rolleyes:

Snark usually works when the other guy is wrong. In this case, he's absolutely right, as you'd see from a cursory examination of the careers of many of the NFL's top wide receivers.

Yeah except for that little thing called the salary cap which will be reinstated for the 2011 NFL Season. The Patriots are not going to pay a running back more money than BJGE when the higher priority is to sign Matt Light for at least one year and Logan Mankins to a long term contract.

Fact is, you don't any of that to be true, which renders your entire post/point moot.

I was definitely impressed by Price's performance vs Miami.....Like some else said,he needed time to catch up due to missing alot of practice in the Spring, plus he's learning a pro offense ... His college (Ohio) was primarily a running offense ... He is smart, has good hands and runs good routes....

BB always did like smart players...

I would say WR isn't on the list of draft needs....

BTW, Is Darnell Jenkins still on the Pats PS? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore