PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree.

We will keep 4-5 OLB's. This includes at least one who is primarily a DE in sub packages. Eric Moore seems a fine value as our # 4 or #5 OLB.
====

If folks want to worry about a position, try interior offensive lineman. Connolly may be our best returning interior lineman, and we have FIVE roster positions.

While I agree re: TBC, to this point, I see no reason why Moore wouldn't stick on the roster for the 2011 season. He's certainly no worse than most teams would have as their backups at the position.

As far as the phins giving up, I don't think you can look at it in those terms. What I saw was a guy who made fantastic cuts without losing speed. I also saw him make a catch right at the 1st down marker on a very high pass that he took a hit on. To me, that shows his natural football skills along with an understanding of the game. I also saw that Patriots run 2 true slant routes for the 1st time maybe all season and he made 2 great hands catches that he almost broke both of them. To me, if he continues to develop, could be a Greg Jennings type of receiver.

Greg Jennings? You set a high standard, sir. I wonder how history would have changed if the Pats had drafted Jennings instead of Chad Jackson?

Greg Jennings? You set a high standard, sir. I wonder how history would have changed if the Pats had drafted Jennings instead of Chad Jackson?

To be fair to me, I did not say he would be as good as Greg Jennings, but that type of receiver. They seem to have the same body type and I envision Price running the same type of routes that Jennings does.

If folks want to worry about a position, try interior offensive lineman. Connolly may be our best returning interior lineman, and we have FIVE roster positions.

Critical as we want TB to be able to slide up in the pocket and step into his throws as opposed to running to his left or right or even worse- hurt.

Seeing Tate, Price, and Edelman play so well yesterday was just tremendous. It seems preposterous given the season we just had, but our receiving core has nowhere to go but up. Welker and Branch are still young, and everybody else is a first or second year player. Unbelievable. This offense could very well become the norm.

Very positive show for Price. He looked aggressive and quick on the field. I especially like the catch that he had to go up and get it. Looks like all the time on the practice field paid off. Hopefully he'll be a solid contributor next season.

Taylor Price Highlights?

Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone could give me some insight into Taylor Price the other day?

I really wanted to see some highlights of his plays (I have never seen him play - not even highlights)

Also, does he look like someone who could stick around ?

Re: Taylor Price Highlights?

He looked to be extremely fast and his route running was much better than it was at any point in the preseason.

Showed some strong hands too. On that one leaping sideline catch I saw the "7" on the uniform and thought for a second he was Gronk.

DVR is such a wonderful thing. I have taped every single game this season. I deleted only two of them. ;)

He looked to be extremely fast and his route running was much better than it was at any point in the preseason.

Kid looked on another level, who was covering him? Please tell me it was Vontae:eek:

He put in a good showing. Looks a whole lot better than he did in the preseason: more confident in his hands, crisper routes, and he took a big hit on his last catch and hung on to it. Too early to say anything, but I'll be watching him closely next year (or again this year if he sneaks on to the roster for any playoff games).

He put in a good showing. Looks a whole lot better than he did in the preseason: more confident in his hands, crisper routes, and he took a big hit on his last catch and hung on to it. Too early to say anything, but I'll be watching him closely next year (or again this year if he sneaks on to the roster for any playoff games).

He is on the roster.

He's 23 years old.Next year will tell wat he is.

He put in a good showing. Looks a whole lot better than he did in the preseason: more confident in his hands, crisper routes, and he took a big hit on his last catch and hung on to it. Too early to say anything, but I'll be watching him closely next year (or again this year if he sneaks on to the [active] roster for any playoff games).

... Can he rush the quarterback?

Agree 100%. I know some folks are down on Tate but I think the kid still has a decent amount of upside. He just completed his first full season, is only 23 and still learning.

If we are saying the same thing this time next year then the team might want to go in a different direction.

Sheesh, ya! The kid had a 42-yd TD.

Sorry, wrong wording. If he sneaks onto a game roster, as in not inactive.

I think you want to say that you hope he is active.

I had a chance to look at the game again and watch the tail end of it, and he has a surprisingly explosive first step. On both slant passes he caught, he was a full step ahead of his man. On the first one, Vontae Davis was so far behind Price, he couldn't even make contact when he dove for the tackle.

I think you want to say that you hope he is active.

I had a chance to look at the game again and watch the tail end of it, and he has a surprisingly explosive first step. On both slant passes he caught, he was a full step ahead of his man. On the first one, Vontae Davis was so far behind Price, he couldn't even make contact when he dove for the tackle.

That's a good observation. On both of those slants, I thought he was going to take it to the house for a second. I didn't realize he had that kind of burst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back