PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fact is, you don't any of that to be true, which renders your entire post/point moot.
Neither does yours since the Patriots can easily draft a running back from round 4 on down.

Let's wait after three seasons to evaluate the play of a Patriots wide receiver selected in the third round of the 2010 NFL Draft.

With regard to 2011, the wide receiver and tight end positions for the New England Patriots do not need to be upgraded.

These two posts are direct contradictions.

I seriously doubt Faulk, Morris, Taylor will be back in 2011. According to your comment, the New England Patriots will only carry two running backs on the roster for the 2011 NFL Season.

But I cannot see a high pick being used on a RB!

More like a low pick or a UDFA to come in.

I was definitely impressed by Price's performance vs Miami.....Like some else said,he needed time to catch up due to missing alot of practice in the Spring, plus he's learning a pro offense ... His college (Ohio) was primarily a running offense ... He is smart, has good hands and runs good routes....

BB always did like smart players...

I would say WR isn't on the list of draft needs....

BTW, Is Darnell Jenkins still on the Pats PS? :confused:

I believe he is on the Practice Squad Injured List, but is still a Pats player :)

Did I ever state the New England Patriots need to expend a first, second, or third round draft pick on a running back? Isn't there seven rounds in the NFL Draft?

Neither does yours since the Patriots can easily draft a running back from round 4 on down.

Uh, I never claimed they couldn't or wouldn't, chief. Then again, I'm not the one acting like the only way they'll ever get another RB is through the draft.

These two posts are direct contradictions.
Nope!

The same five wide receivers on the roster this season should suffice for the 2011 NFL Season:

Branch
Welker
Tate
Price
Edelman

Who are you going to cut?

Did I ever state the New England Patriots need to expend a first, second, or third round draft pick on a running back? Isn't there seven rounds in the NFL Draft?

Then why can't they take the player mentioned?

The way the post read meant that the pick should be used on a OT, OG or RB, and not a WR!

Considering the best RB in the NFL was an UDFA, as well as both of our current backs, I think you might be on to something here.

I expect BB to trade out and down on one pick....

My guess is he will probably use a late 3rd or 4th rounder on a RB....

and pick up a FA along the way.....

Not sure what Clayton can do as we don't see very much of him, but he's been on a cut-sign carousel for awhile....

Nope!

The same five wide receivers on the roster this season should suffice for the 2011 NFL Season:

Branch
Welker
Tate
Price
Edelman

Who are you going to cut?

You just said yourself that you can't evaluate Price until three seasons from now. That gives us one question mark. If you follow the logic behind your first post even further, that would mean that we have two more question marks since we can't evaluate Tate and Edelman until next season either. With your first post in mind, that would mean that we only have Branch and Welker. So, by the logic of your first post, that would create a need at WR.

Then, in your second post, you completely contradict yourself.

Uh, I never claimed they couldn't or wouldn't, chief. Then again, I'm not the one acting like the only way they'll ever get another RB is through the draft.
We would need Miguel's expertise with regard to how much room the New England Patriots will be under the salary cap. However, without the new CBA the 2011 salary cap has not been established.

Personally, I would rather resign Light and Mankins since the old adage is football games are won in the trenches.

You just said yourself that you can't evaluate Price until three seasons from now. That gives us one question mark. If you follow the logic behind your first post even further, that would mean that we have two more question marks since we can't evaluate Tate and Edelman until next season either. With your first post in mind, that would mean that we only have Branch and Welker. So, by the logic of your first post, that would create a need at WR.

Then, in your second post, you completely contradict yourself.
Allow me to rephrase, you maintain a rookie wide receiver on the roster for three seasons and then afterwards decide whether to jettison or extend his contract. Thus, Edelman is on the roster for one more season, Tate is on the roster for two more seasons (due to injury last year), and Price is on the roster for two more seasons.

The way the post read meant that the pick should be used on a OT, OG or RB, and not a WR!
Personally, the New England Patriots highest draft priorities for the 2011 NFL Season:

Outside Linebacker (3-4 Defensive Alignment)
Defensive Lineman (5-technique)
Offensive Guard
Offensive Tackle
Free Safety
Running Back

Depending on the severity of Mike Wright's concussion, I could envision the New England Patriots selecting two defensive lineman in the 2011 NFL Draft. If the Patriots do not resign Matt Light, I could envision the New England Patriots selecting two offensive tackles in the 2011 NFL Draft.

I seriously doubt Faulk, Morris, Taylor will be back in 2011. According to your comment, the New England Patriots will only carry two running backs on the roster for the 2011 NFL Season.

Your doubt has no merit. I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was the only player not resigned. Morris has found a nice niche as the FB and a solid ST player. He is not complaining about his reduced role.

Allow me to rephrase, you maintain a rookie wide receiver on the roster for three seasons and then afterwards decide whether to jettison or extend his contract.

What is the basis for this comment? It is wholly without merit. Tate is starting in what is practically his first season.

Also it is standard practice (by the Patriots) to sign rookies to four year contracts and they can be cut or traded at any time. Your "three seasons" claim has no basis.

Also it is standard practice (by the Patriots) to sign rookies to four year contracts and they can be cut or traded at any time. Your "three seasons" claim has no basis.
So based on this season's performance, are you gonna cut Brandon Tate?

Last edited:
Your doubt has no merit. I wouldn't be surprised if Taylor was the only player not resigned. Morris has found a nice niche as the FB and a solid ST player. He is not complaining about his reduced role.
Meanwhile, Kevin Faulk will turn 35 years old next June and will be coming of knee surgery. How much tread is left on those tires let alone how much beating can a running back withstand throughout a career?

So based on this season's performance, are you gonna cut Brandon Tate?

You are the one who has to clarify what you are trying to say. As Kontra pointed out, you completely contradicted yourself.

You are the one who has to clarify what you are trying to say. As Kontra pointed out, you completely contradicted yourself.
How long you going to give Brandon Tate? As for my stance on wide receivers, minimum three years for a rookie wide receiver to be evaluated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes