PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just said yourself that you can't evaluate Price until three seasons from now. That gives us one question mark.
Two more years for Price to prove himself, two more years on the Patriots roster.

Two more years for Price to prove himself, two more years on the Patriots roster.

You're going to gamble on Branch's health for 2 more years?

None of them....
2011 New England Patriots wide receivers:

Branch
Welker
Tate
Price
Edelman

That group contributed to the most potent offense in the 2010 NFL Season. In the meantime, Tate and Price are allowed to further develop in the New England Patriots offense for the 2011 NFL Season.

In two years, Tate or Price may become the next number one wide receiver for the New England Patriots. Or you propose signing Joey Galloway or Torry Holt?

How long you going to give Brandon Tate? As for my stance on wide receivers, minimum three years for a rookie wide receiver to be evaluated.

You speak of the evaluation of Tate as if it happens in a vaccuum or is an isolated phenomenon, and it is not. There are many factors involved- the evaluation is interdependent on the other WRs on the roster, the draftees, and the UDFA's.

The time when he will be evaluated again is this summer's OTA, and at training camp. Whoever ends up on the roster is whoever proves themselves the most, whether it be a draft pick, a 2nd year player, or (God Forbid) a 35 year old FA signing.

BB is an EOE when it comes to this evaluation period, he doesn't care what your pedigree is. It is his proclaimed view that everyone starts from the bottom for the new season (although I suspect that even if Welker or Branch stunk it up in camp, they will still end up on the roster).

In two years, Tate or Price may become the next number one wide receiver for the New England Patriots. Or you propose signing Joey Galloway or Torry Holt?

I wasn't proposing anything when I asked the question, and I'd still like an answer, because your response isn't one. However, if you're asking me what I'd like to see, I'd like to see the team draft a burner who can run in the 4.2s, if there are any available this year.

However, if you're asking me what I'd like to see, I'd like to see the team draft a burner who can run in the 4.2s, if there are any available this year.
Okay, now I know your position. From a purely offensive perspective, I personally feel offensive tackle and offensive guard are higher priorities with regard to the 2011 NFL Draft.

You speak of the evaluation of Tate as if it happens in a vaccuum or is an isolated phenomenon, and it is not. There are many factors involved- the evaluation is interdependent on the other WRs on the roster, the draftees, and the UDFA's.

The time when he will be evaluated again is this summer's OTA, and at training camp. Whoever ends up on the roster is whoever proves themselves the most, whether it be a draft pick, a 2nd year player, or (God Forbid) a 35 year old FA signing.

BB is an EOE when it comes to this evaluation period, he doesn't care what your pedigree is. It is his proclaimed view that everyone starts from the bottom for the new season (although I suspect that even if Welker or Branch stunk it up in camp, they will still end up on the roster).
I just personally feel that wide receiver is an extremely low priority with regard to the 2011 NFL Draft. I'd rather upgrade the hogs up front, especially Stephen Neal and Matt Light, if he does not re-sign with the New England Patriots.

Okay, now I know your position. From a purely offensive perspective, I personally feel offensive tackle and offensive guard are higher priorities with regard to the 2011 NFL Draft.

1.) They've got 6 picks in the top 3 rounds.

2.) Assuming the team comes to an agreement with Light, OT is not a priority position in 2011. It will be a priority in 2012 or 2013.

To sum up my position, I'll just point to an earlier post of mine:

I'm still seeing the same needs/priorities:

DE
OLB
OG
RB
WR

From what I've heard, this draft is supposed to be nothing like the past two. I'm hearing that there's some talent at the top, but that it's a very thin draft. I'd love to see the Patriots package a few picks to move up, as well as moving some into the following year.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/707213-adding-4-6-draft-picks-team.html#post2378486

Now, if you could please answer my question:

Last edited:
2.) Assuming the team comes to an agreement with Light, OT is not a priority position in 2011. It will be a priority in 2012 or 2013.
I personally feel offensive tackle is a high priority since one can't count on with any certainty the condition of Nick Kaczur's back. Two, LeVoir and Ojinnaka are nothing more than JAGs. I take the greater risk of Deion Branch's knees holding up than Nick Kaczur's back.

I personally feel offensive tackle is a high priority since one can't count on with any certainty the condition of Nick Kaczur's back. Two, LeVoir and Ojinnaka are nothing more than JAGs. I take the greater risk of Deion Branch's knees holding up than Nick Kaczur's back.

Why is Kaczur significant if Light's back? After all, Kaczur was apparently being moved to guard before getting injured this past offseason.

And, again, especially since you're pointing to health in the case of Kaczur:

You're going to gamble on Branch's health for 2 more years? It's not as if he was the picture of health even this year, after all, and he's had exactly 1 16 game season in his career.

Last edited:
Price runs a 4.41 if it matters :p

Why is Kaczur significant if Light's back? After all, Kaczur was apparently being moved to guard before getting injured this past offseason.
As the case with Vollmer, draft a tackle one year before his service is definitely required as insurance if Light or Vollmer are placed on injured reserve next season.

And, again, especially since you're pointing to health in the case of Kaczur:

You're going to gamble on Branch's health for 2 more years? It's not as if he was the picture of health even this year, after all.
Next year, I'm hoping that Tate or Price will step up if Branch goes down for any significant period of time since they both would have one full year in the system.

Last edited:
As the case with Vollmer, draft a tackle one year before his service is definitely required as insurance if Light or Vollmer are placed on injured reserve next season.

Next year, I'm hoping that Tate or Price will step up if Branch goes down for any significant period of time since they both would have one full year in the system.

Your arguments are completely inconsistent and illogical. According to you, the team needs to draft a tackle before his service is needed, when you don't know how many years a Light contract would be, and Kaczur and company will be back, but it doesn't need to draft a wide receiver before Branch is gone, even though he's in the last year of his current contract, and this is because players who you can't count on and won't really evaluate until year 3 might possibly "step up".

Price runs a 4.41 if it matters :p

In our system it's far more important to either have an explosive first step or juking skills (see Welker, Woodhead, Hernandez) than it is to have straight line speed (see Moss and Galloway).

Why would Branch go down? He's only 31.

Your arguments are completely inconsistent and illogical. According to you, the team needs to draft a tackle before his service is needed, when you don't know how many years a Light contract would be, and Kaczur and company will be back, but it doesn't need to draft a wide receiver before Branch is gone, even though he's in the last year of his current contract, and this is because players who you can't count on and won't really evaluate until year 3 might possibly "step up".
Personally I'm not sure I can get more than one year out of Matt Light. Aside from Vollmer, where is the future for the New England Patriots offensive line?

Light - 32 years old (UFA 2011)
Mankins - 28 years old (UFA 2011)
Koppen - 31 years old
Neal - 34 years old
Kaczur - 31 years old

The Patriots have drafted two wide receivers before Deion Branch's contract expires, namely Tate and Price. Edelman is also listed as a wide receiver on the New England Patriots roster. The New England Patriots have addressed the future at wide receiver while Deion Branch is currently on the roster not so with the offensive line looking forward to the 2011 NFL Season.

Personally I'm not sure I can get more than one year out of Matt Light. Aside from Vollmer, where is the future for the New England Patriots offensive line?

Light - 32 years old (UFA 2011)
Mankins - 28 years old (UFA 2011)
Koppen - 31 years old
Neal - 34 years old
Kaczur - 31 years old

The Patriots have drafted two wide receivers before Deion Branch's contract expires, namely Tate and Price. Edelman is also listed as a wide receiver on the New England Patriots roster. The New England Patriots have addressed the future at wide receiver while Deion Branch is currently on the roster not so with the offensive line looking forward to the 2011 NFL Season.

You want to give 3 years for the receivers, despite having essentially nothing on Price and not having anything particularly heartening on Tate (24 catches is not lighting the world on fire, after all). You want to ignore the entire injury history of Branch, as well. However, you want to count Light out after just one more season, despite the fact that he was the first LT alternate to the Pro Bowl and has played all 16 games in 6 of his 9 seasons as an NFL player, and you completely discount the young O-linemen currently behind the starters.

Look, you're welcome to come down however you wish, on any of this. You're just being completely inconsistent and illogical.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore