PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price

Status
Not open for further replies.
The New England Patriots have much greater priorities in the 2011 NFL Draft:

3-4 Outside Linebackers (two)
5 Technique Defensive Lineman (3-4 Defensive End)
Offensive Tackle
Offensive Guard
Running Back
Free Safety

Why would they draft two OLBs?

Kid looks like a keeper. Don't see drafting a WR high next season with

1. Welker
2. Branch
3. Tate
4. Edelman
5. Price

All signed for next season.

BB never drafts high for wide receiver Regardless of who he has on roster.

Why would they draft two OLBs?
Not sold on TBC and Eric Moore. With the NFL season to be expanded to 18 games, the New England Patriots will need four outside linebackers on the 2011 roster:

Cunningham
Ninkovich
2011 NFL Draft Pick
2011 NFL Draft Pick

BB never drafts high for wide receiver Regardless of who he has on roster.

He hasn't drafted a WR in the 1st round but certainly has in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If we pick 5 or 6 times in the first 3 rounds, there's a good chance one of them could be a WR, though I agree we have many higher needs.

Not sold on TBC and Eric Moore. With the NFL season to be expanded to 18 games, the New England Patriots will need four outside linebackers on the 2011 roster:

Cunningham
Ninkovich
2011 NFL Draft Pick
2011 NFL Draft Pick

While I agree re: TBC, to this point, I see no reason why Moore wouldn't stick on the roster for the 2011 season. He's certainly no worse than most teams would have as their backups at the position.

The New England Patriots have much greater priorities in the 2011 NFL Draft:

3-4 Outside Linebackers (two)
5 Technique Defensive Lineman (3-4 Defensive End)
Offensive Tackle
Offensive Guard
Running Back
Free Safety

I wouldn't mind seeing another stud CB if a OLB is not available.

I see no reason why Moore wouldn't stick on the roster for the 2011 season.
Eric Moore does not truly play the 3-4 outside linebacker position. Eric Moore will turn 30 years of age next month. If the youth movement surges forward with the New England Patriots defense, the outside linebacker position is the next logical step.

Leigh Bodden returns from injury next year. Besides, the New England Patriots will have five cornerbacks on the roster next year:

McCourty
Bodden
Arrington
Butler
Wilhite

Possible, but I would hardly say "most likely"...

Welker
Branch
Tate
Edelperson

Throw in Hernandez and Woodhead as candidates to split wide, the number of 2-TE sets and Slater being a mainstay on ST and I see Price having to earn his way onto the active 45. I'm as big a Price fan as anyone and I think it is outstanding that someone that talented could have a hard time seeing the field apart from injuries. That is a deep, young, talented and flexible receiving corps.

And not a diva among them. These guys (plus Gronk and Crumpler) make up the receiving corps for the highest scoring offense in the NFL.

It's a lesson for guys like TO, Ochocinco and Moss who will have a hard time finding a job during the offseason unless they agree to play for next to nothing.

In just four games, Eric Moore has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles (both recovered) nine solo tackles and 5 assists, and one pass defended.

How is that any less than very impressive?

In just four games, Eric Moore has 2 sacks, 2 forced fumbles (both recovered) nine solo tackles and 5 assists, and one pass defended.

How is that any less than very impressive?
Let's see how the 2011 playoffs progress. A sack and a forced fumble against the Chicago Bears offensive line is not that impressive. Heck, the NY Giants defense sacked Cutler nine times in the first half alone earlier this season.

Another CB?

Bodden
McCourty
Butler
Wilhite
Arrington

That's one of the best, if not the best CB corps in the league.

Eric Moore does not truly play the 3-4 outside linebacker position. Eric Moore will turn 30 years of age next month. If the youth movement surges forward with the New England Patriots defense, the outside linebacker position is the next logical step.

I think the most likely scenario is a DE and OLB in the draft. Perhaps another LB via FA.

I don't think just turning 30 is anything to do about.

Question, did he have any reps with Brady in the game? I thought he was only in when Brady was out?

Price saw tons of game reps with Brady in. Price's first 3 receptions were thrown by Brady.

The Pats offense is very difficult to pick up (unless your name is Welker or Woodhead), Tate basically had a redshirt year, and now Price has his redshirt year. I was interested to see if he would dress yesterday and I thought that he looked very good. He was a step away from breaking a slant all the way. He caught the ball well, but lets face it, he wasn't running jerk or option routes, he was running quick slants. Needless to say, he will most likely be the #4 WR next year.

I agree no need to draft a WR for next year.

Price ran more than just quick slants yesterday... He ran outs and curls as well.

I wouldn't go that far. Branch has 1 maybe 2 years left if he can stay healthy, and that is a big if. There is promise with the younger players, but Tate, Edelman, and Price still have to prove they can be relied on consistently. I do not think an early round pick is necessary, but a later pick with high upside who may need a year, similar to Price's situation may be an option.

Even if you take Branch out of the equation, the Pats do not need to draft a WR because they have Tate, Edelman, Welker and Price. And, having listened to Brady, he clearly has confidence in Edelman to run the routes that Branch runs.

Price seems like the perfect kind of WR for Tom Brady, a quick guy that can run nice routes and actually catch the ball.

Price seems like the perfect kind of WR for Tom Brady, a quick guy that can run nice routes and actually catch the ball.

And run across the middle without fear. This is one tough kid. That's why I like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back