PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Taylor Price in 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is too tall to be a Patriots receiver at 6-2.

Price is not even close to 6-2. He measures in at 6'0. The thing with Price is that there's just not enough info on him. Tate looks like the weak link at starting wideout imo. If anyone is vulnerable to losing his job, it would be Tate. Tate doesn't seem to 'get it' yet and I'm not sure if he ever will. I'll write in Welker and Branch as starters. Tate I'm not so sure about. Edelman is a serviceable 4 and punt returner. We don't really have any big possession guys who can go up and get the ball over the middle or outphyiscal/outfight CBs on the jam.

I think this is more on Brady than Price (same argument for Tate). I think a lot of chemistry development occurs in the off-season. I know people don't like hearing/reading this on these forums, but more Brady in Foxborough in March thru June means more time to work with young receivers and build a relationship with them off and on the field. Previously, I think Brady took it upon himself to do this and become comfortable with guys like Patten, Givens, Branch, Welker and Moss. As much as people think this is a non-factor and that Brady has life outside of the Patriots, I think it would do wonders for the two young receivers, the offense, the team, and the future of the team if the best QB in the game was there with his new weapons.

This is not a knock on Brady's dedication to the team. I understand that life has many facets and football to Brady, while it is an important one, is not the most dimension of his life. I've read and heard that Brady often stayed after practice to work continually with Gronkowski and Hernandez, and I believe this helped tremendously and it showed on the field with their production this past season. Now, Price and Tate (Price especially) could not have been exposed to this kind of rehearsal with Brady because he wasn't seeing first-team reps nor was he even active most of the time. This kind of tutelage during the off-season with Tate and Price will really help out our WR corps. And I hate to compare him to Manning, but it was widely reported that Manning worked with Garcon and Collie continuously during the off-season after they were drafted, and these two young receivers have undoubtedly made more of an impact on the Colts than Tate and Price have had on the Patriots - granted they probably saw more playing time.

tl;dr Brady, so willing, working with Price and Tate in the off-season will help a lot.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Didn't Welker fly out to California one off season to spend time with Brady? I thought I read something similar to that but I don't remember. And anyone ever notice how much Hoyer was targeting Price this last offseason / preseason? It's probably because he spent a good amount of time and reps with him.

Last edited:
I think you hit the nail on the head. Didn't Welker fly out to California one off season to spend time with Brady? I thought I read something similar to that but I don't remember. And anyone ever notice how much Hoyer was targeting Price this last offseason / preseason? It's probably because he spent a good amount of time and reps with him.

Yes but he was also out there to pay a visit to Hef and the Grotto with Andrew Bynum.

I think we all know that if Price has a few drops early on, Brady wont look to him again unless his first 3 or 4 options are closed down.

I think we all know that if Price has a few drops early on, Brady wont look to him again unless his first 3 or 4 options are closed down.

funny but true...Aaron Hernandez, had a few drops and the last 6 games he played in he only had 9 rec for 127 yerds. the sad part is Hernandez is the only real deep weapon he has they should have got the ball in he's hands more in the playoffs

We could also use a wide body possesion type reciever. Good blocker in the run game who can box out his man from 8-12 yds.

We could also use a wide body possesion type reciever. Good blocker in the run game who can box out his man from 8-12 yds.

The more I think about it, the more I'm warming to Julio Jones for that. Never been a huge fan, but that game against Peterson opened my eyes. And he's the best run-blocking WR to come out for a few years.

I'm excited about Price next year though. He looked very sharp against the Dolphins.

If anyone thinks we should look into grabbing a tall WR to give Brady another big target, there are plenty of those we could get after our first few picks.

funny but true...Aaron Hernandez, had a few drops and the last 6 games he played in he only had 9 rec for 127 yerds. the sad part is Hernandez is the only real deep weapon he has they should have got the ball in he's hands more in the playoffs

I am so disappointed in how Aaron Hernandez just fizzled out as the season went on. He was pretty much our #2 WR the way I saw it, and he was just turned off the last games of the season. Dumb.

I am so disappointed in how Aaron Hernandez just fizzled out as the season went on. He was pretty much our #2 WR the way I saw it, and he was just turned off the last games of the season. Dumb.

Agreed. I'm not sure what really happened there. I know Gronk's role grew as the season progressed, but I don't think injuries were the only reason for Hernandez's shrinking role.

Agreed. I'm not sure what really happened there. I know Gronk's role grew as the season progressed, but I don't think injuries were the only reason for Hernandez's shrinking role.

Rookie Wall + Injuries is my thoughts.

Hopefully that's it. Was really hoping for more production in the second half.

It is not hernandaz got slowed. He got great production when playing Man as he could use his atheletic ability . IN zone he struggled. As once this became clear teams used that to there advantage

Taylor Price has enough talent to be a third rounder. But he has yet to demonstrate his talents on the field. BB is usually very conservative in his use of new players at a position where veterans were lined up 5 deep. On any other team, Price would have been given an opportunity. Notice how the Steelers through playing time discovered the gem they had in rookies Sanders and Antonio Brown.

Taylor Price has enough talent to be a third rounder. But he has yet to demonstrate his talents on the field. BB is usually very conservative in his use of new players at a position where veterans were lined up 5 deep. On any other team, Price would have been given an opportunity. Notice how the Steelers through playing time discovered the gem they had in rookies Sanders and Antonio Brown.

In any other draft I believe he would have been a second round pick, possibly upper second. The draft was very very deep, and Price has elite athleticism. It's yet to be seen whether or not he can be an elite football player. I think we'll see Price a lot more next year, I think his work ethic will net him some player time initially where Tate was. I think if he can show some competent play on that side, we might see him and Branch on the 2WR/2TE/1RB sets.

For anyone who hasn't seen it, his draft day video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzR-YJI4bEw&feature=related .

Last edited:
It is not hernandaz got slowed. He got great production when playing Man as he could use his atheletic ability . IN zone he struggled. As once this became clear teams used that to there advantage

He couldn't identify the coverages and kept getting stuck in the wrong route modification. This is something that will go away with experience so I'm not worried about it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back