PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Talib, Connolly, Amedola, Kelly not at practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mack Herron

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Mary Paoletti ‏@Mary_Paoletti 1m

#Patriots 10/16 practice: Talib (hip), Connolly (head), Amendola (head), Kelly (knee) not spotted. All injured Sunday. CB Travis Howard here

She missed Washington as well it seems.
Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 2m

Patriots absences at practice: CB Aqib Talib, RB Leon Washington, G Dan Connolly, WR Danny Amendola, DT Tommy Kelly.

New CB signed to PS.
Travis Howard Scouting Report: NFL Outlook for Ohio State CB | Bleacher Report

DT Neblett resigned to 53.
http://www.patriots.com/news/articl...91e?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Armstead and Harrison remain on NFI not practicing.

Are you sure they just didn't see armstead in the media section? He was there at last weeks practice with vereen working on rehabilitation work.

The Armstead news is surprising.

Mostly worried about the Kelly injury. MCL? Does he need a month?

Connolly and Amendola are big concerns because with head injuries, you never can tell. Talib's hip flexor needs a few weeks.

I would prefer Gronk not being seen at practice until he is truly ready to return,perhaps that would shut the media up.

I would prefer Gronk not being seen at practice until he is truly ready to return,perhaps that would shut the media up.
He already is ready to return to practice.
Who cares about the media?
I am all for a plan that would get him back an hour sooner if it meant the media would cry 24/7 about him.
Its about the season, screw the noise.

I don't expect to see any of those guys out there this week (Amendola, Talib, Kelly, Connolly).

They should really just IR Leon Washington, or cut him. It's just a waste of a roster spot. Sign WR Devon Wylie and your return game is helped big time, as well as help for the slot receiver position.

Talib not practicing is expected, but still kind of a bummer. We really can't afford to lose him for an extended period of time. Especially if it pushes McCourty back over to corner, and the safety position becomes a dumpster fire again.

These injuries are absurd. I have to laugh to stop from crying.

Have YOU ever tried to play football with a severely strained cervix?

Wednesday practice is not a great indication of who will play or not. With the new concussion rules, Connolly and Amendola couldn't be cleared yet although I don't expect Amendola to play.

Especially if it pushes McCourty back over to corner, and the safety position becomes a dumpster fire again.
Harmon held up pretty well and filled in admirably for McCourty when that happened against the Saints. Not saying he's the answer or anything, but I doubt they'll be a "dumpster fire again."

I don't think we're going to see Talib this week. Dennard is a capable CB1 and Arrington is fine in the slot. Hopefully Logan Ryan is up to the task at CB2 and the team gives him enough safety help on the deep routes. I really don't want to see McCourty back at CB.

I don't think we're going to see Talib this week. Dennard is a capable CB1 and Arrington is fine in the slot. Hopefully Logan Ryan is up to the task at CB2 and the team gives him enough safety help on the deep routes. I really don't want to see McCourty back at CB.

I don't see any talib this week either. But you never know until the team releases something.

I don't see any talib this week either. But you never know until the team releases something.

The Jets don't have that one guy that you really need to shut down. Dennard can handle Hill or Santonio. Let Talib rest what is really a lingering injury.

The Jets don't have that one guy that you really need to shut down. Dennard can handle Hill or Santonio. Let Talib rest what is really a lingering injury.

I thought Holmes is injured and might not play? I think the secondary can handle the jests but smith always seems to play well after a loss. So we could have our hands full, but I doubt it.

The Jets are without Winslow and possibly Holmes - if Holmes doesn't play then Talib could take an extra week to be ready, Kerley is more of a slot receiver so Arrington will take him then what do they have? Hill and 2 guys signed yesterday in Cribbs & Salas?

None of those players will be playing this week. Kelly is a huge loss....hell every single one of those guys are a HUGE loss....If we were 3-3...this forum would have exploded by now

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST