PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Redskins could trade Chris Cooley to New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are going to take a tight end, I'd give up a second rounder for Fasano.

You know the one player in the BB era I NEVER hear being mentioned as a real good player was Christian Fauria.

Didn't anyone here like the guy as a TE?, I did.

I liked his wife. A lot.

He's also great on the radio.

If we are going to take a tight end, I'd give up a second rounder for Fasano.

I posted a thread on Tony and for giving up a #2 for him 2 weeks ago.....most here laughed at the thought.

I posted a thread on Tony and for giving up a #2 for him 2 weeks ago.....most here laughed at the thought.

Well I wasn't around so I missed that thread but I like him, he is a good solid receiver and more importantly an excellent blocker. He is only 25 too, he has loads of upside.

Last edited:
This was posted some months back

Hell No!!! He's not even the best TE on that team.....

It would be a horrible trade. Save the draft picks and take a chance on finding your own talent. It's not like the Pats will throw to the TE anyways.
Exactly on the Choices. But I don't know what the big deal on giving up choices is when the NFL average in three years is an 18% success rate on Draft choices who will be long term starters, significant contributors or All Pro talent within the first three years of their first NFL contract. Yes Draft choices can supplement a Team and turnover rosters as an upgrade but now when you have 13 holes that the Pats need to fill. Are we all happy that with our 8 Draft choices (not including comps) that the NFL average will be around 2 that make it. If we have a great Draft, 3 or 4. Please tell me where the other 10 are coming from?

I was torched for this trade a month ago when I said Cooley was a guy that could work as Clark does for Manning. My thought was the Skins need a QB but Bradford the only sure fire upper first rounder will be gone if the Rams are smart. Let the Skins Draft OT Okung and go for QB McCoy or Claussen at #22. We take Cooley and their pick #37 for our #22. BB will be tempted to move down anyway. At least we have a two time Pro Bowler TE who is only 27 and at 250lbs, probably not any worse the blocker than Watson. We do not use tight ends in the passing game because TB can not trust them like Manning trusts Clark. Lets bring in Cooley.

I would love to expand this trade with Santana Moss (perhaps the perfect #3 guy and 70 catches in 2010. His only 30 and his contract is over in 2010) but that is for later. It seems like the Skins can use a OLB who is familiar with the 3-4 defense.....?

Give me this Cooley trade with Moss. Get me Andra Davis. Trade for Adam Carriker as your 5 tech DE with a pick and trade for Gocong for OLB rush backer who all have NFL experience and the last two misused and we are solid versus any Draft pick unkown. Now Draft.
DW Toys

Last edited:
Was he injured last year or something? I looked up his stats and it said he didn't play the last 8/9 games.

Broken ankle. No knee bad stuff etc.
DW TOYS

Not many replies there, I can understand those who would rather Olsen though. I'd prefer Olsen but I don't see it happening.

From the Bears - Clark yes as a possibility,Olsen...no

It would be a horrible trade. Save the draft picks and take a chance on finding your own talent. It's not like the Pats will throw to the TE anyways.

Agreed.

And besides, wasn't Cooley the one who was ripping on the Pats because nobody gave a **** about his brother? No thanks. I have yet to hear a good word about his attitude, doubt he'd fit in here (and I'd be worried if he did)

Last edited:
Exactly on the Choices. But I don't know what the big deal on giving up choices is when the NFL average in three years is an 18% success rate on Draft choices who will be long term starters, significant contributors or All Pro talent within the first three years of their first NFL contract. Yes Draft choices can supplement a Team and turnover rosters as an upgrade but now when you have 13 holes that the Pats need to fill. Are we all happy that with our 8 Draft choices (not including comps) that the NFL average will be around 2 that make it. If we have a great Draft, 3 or 4. Please tell me where the other 10 are coming from?

This has been pointed out to you over and over again, but you still ignore it. The success rate on second round picks is much, much higher than 18%. Your odds of drafting a Pro Bowler between 30-45 are about 20%, but I hope you're smart enough not to be claiming that only Pro Bowlers are successful draft picks. Anyways, if you ever decide to check up on the facts, feel free to go here: Advanced NFL Stats: Career Success by Draft Order

As you can see, the average second round pick starts in the NFL for 2.5-3 years, and does so at a very reasonably salary. For teams that draft well, the picture looks even better. Also note that your odds of drafting a future Pro Bowler between picks 30 and 45 are about the same as drafting one at #16 overall. Second round picks are extremely valuable.

Could you please point out where you get that 18% from? I'm assuming that it's just the 'success' odds of all draft picks, with no regard for round, but whatever it is, I'm fairly certain that you're misapplying it. We could clear that up very quickly if you show us where you got it.

Last edited:
We're going to trade for an idiot who took pictures of his playbook on his lap and accidentally also took pictures of his weenie because he happened to be naked?

I hate when that happens!

BS- The Clark mention was also on the internet as a RUMOR BEFORE Kirwan suggested it.

I don't have the link to prove it,but it certainly was mentioned Twice yesterday,both on the net and on the radio.

Actually it all started with Kirwan and it went here and in the chicago board..

83 71 66 57 top four

Do you know what the word "average" means?

Was Ben Coates average?

96 84 67 66 top four

Do I need to look up Watson and Graham?

I don't care about a great pass catching TE, but I do care when people just ignore the meanings of words.

Two things..

1. we're in a pass happy league now compared to when coates played
2. We don't use the TE in our offense (of course is this because of skill or by plan because we have no skill.. )

His wife's hot soooo....yeah let's sign him!:D

This substantiates what amny of us have said for years. The red-chippers picked between 16 and 45 have about the same chance of success. That's 30 picks, almost a full round.

This also substantiuates the sweet spot between 11-15 (perhaps 8-15) where the prices aren't outrageous and where a team has a fine shot at securing a blue-chip player. I would also note that a team is allowed to sign players up to 16 for six years instead of the 5 years for 17-32 or the four years thereafter.

It is often worth trading up for your blue chip player in the 8-16 range to get a blue-chipper for six years instead of a red-chipper for five.

Here you go,http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...y-fasano-worth-dealing-second-round-pick.html

Read the negative comments about Tony from some of our native armchair quarterbacks in here :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News