PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Speculation: Redskins could trade Chris Cooley to New England

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live here near D.C., and Cooley is a fan favorite. While he hurt his ankle this past season, he was on the Pro Bowl roster for the NFC in 2008. He's a really good player.

That said, I hate giving up 2nd round draft picks. Can we interest the Skins in A. Thomas?:)

No he's average. We're coming up with tight ends that catch up to 150 balls a year, pretty soon, as soon as someone leans how to use that google thing.

Last edited:
Cooley is a really good player. Anyone who makes him out to be average is just fooling themselves. He's done it with a "average" qb his whole career.

Besides Brent Celek, Owen Daniel, Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzales and Jason Witten you would be hard pressed to find anyone in Cooleys caliber. He is a top 10, no doubt in my mind and on some days he is top 3. He'll be 29 in July so he still has 3 maybe 4 good years left in him.

Again though, I don't think he is worth a second. Not many te's are in my mind.

After you reported me and PM'd me twice, it looks like you accidentally closed your PMs.

I'm sure since you PM'd me, you want my response.

Look. you're the one who went crying to the mods because you can't make a logical argument.

Stop PM ing me and go away.

By the way, read some other response to your arguments besides mine. Why are so many people agreeing with me and scoffing at you? Something to think about.

Last edited:
Cooley is a really good player. Anyone who makes him out to be average is just fooling themselves. He's done it with a "average" qb his whole career.

Besides Brent Celek, Owen Daniel, Dallas Clark, Antonio Gates, Tony Gonzales and Jason Witten you would be hard pressed to find anyone in Cooleys caliber. He is a top 10, no doubt in my mind and on some days he is top 3. He'll be 29 in July so he still has 3 maybe 4 good years left in him.

Again though, I don't think he is worth a second. Not many te's are in my mind.

I was looking at an article on my IPHONE app from Patriots Profootball weekly.. The article asked the question "TE not Important?"

Andy Hart said " No".. and backed up his belief by saying. When players prove they can't perform their jobs consistently, BB gives them a lesser job or gets rid of them

Paul Perillo said "Yes, the pats have intentionally gotten away from using the tight end. Its important to play towards teams strengths".. (he goes on)

Both brought up a good point. And really the only person who can can answer this is BB..

Getting back to the subject at hand, maybe saying Cooley is average wasn't the best way to put it.. But I don't see him as a game changer.. And shipping over a 2nd is a bad idea.. Especially if we don't know if the TE is important in our system..

Now if you wanted to say we trade our 2nd and another late round pick and they give us a #3 , by all means.. We need someone to start.. But trading away a high draft pick in this deep draft, esp when we have a lot of needs, isn't the way to go.

Chris Cooley's brother would never allow him to be traded to the Patriots. There's no way he could handle people being mean to him again, especially if they were his brother's teammates.

3 td's in 2 years..

and not for a second..
Going by that logic... gee Tom Brady was terrible in 2008. Where was he ranked? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Going by that logic... gee Tom Brady was terrible in 2008. Where was he ranked? :rolleyes:

Then u missed the logic.. (never mind comparing one of all the time great QB's, to a tight end who isn't even in the top 5 in his positon)

But to support your point, Brady would have had to had a poor 2007 season.. As we all know, he didn't.. And he had a nice bounce back year with 28 tds in 2009..

Last edited:
I was driving home from the store today with Felger on the radio, and he started off by saying (paraphrased) "I don't know anything about this site bleacherreport.com, but let's assume they are reputable." I almost drove off the road :eek:

He went on to rave about Chris Cooley and how he's exactly the sort of player the Pats need, and he thought the Pats should trade a 2nd for him in a heartbeat. FWIW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back