PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Someone on PatriotsPlanet is reporting a Moss trade offer is on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but he was injured the year he got 767 yards

I understand that, but he played 13 games. He has also had injuries of many different degrees that have been used as excuses for his poor play each of the last three years. I am concerned about his durability.

Supposably, one of the reasons the Vikes traded him was because they were worried about the long term affect of his injured foot. I personally think it may have slowed him down a bit.

Forget this BS. There is no way the Pats give up a first rounder for Randy Moss.

For that matter, the only way they are going to sign Stallworth is if he were to agree to a relatively safe deal that the Pats could get out of easily enough if his injury concerns or substance abuse problems were to flare up again. Adam Schefter of NFL Network was saying Stallworth might be willing to sign a one year deal...that sounds about right to me.

The trade offer, as reported by some newbie with the dreaded "inside info", is Randy Moss and a 4th round pick for our 1st round pick (Seattle's #24). I find this hard to believe. One thing about Moss, I remember him at a halftime show of a college allstar game, and all he kept saying is he would love to play for a winner before he retires. He actually sounded quite grown up, I remember being impressed with the interview. He even mentioned he spoke to some of the players at the college allstar game, and they asked his advise about playing pro football, which he gladly offered. Though I'd hate to give up a #1 pick for the guy, it would basically be Randy Moss and a 4h rounder for Deion Branch, I don't think you can make a better trade than that.

I know, I know, ANOTHER Randy Moss thread, but I thought the inside info was interesting. He also mentioned there was an earlier trade offer out there involving Chad Jackson and our #2 for Randy Moss and a Raider pick, but that coulda been way back around trade deadline time.
ill take branch over moss any day cmon.moss doesn't block he wont go over the middle he cries when he thinks he doesn't get the ball enough and his skills in general have eroded .i don't want that jerk any where near the patriots .to give up a number one for him is just crazy .and I'm never one to question bb and pioli .but even they make mistakes every now and then and they don't have a good track record when it comes to receivers .god i hope this deal doesn't go thru

Branch over Moss?

I'll take Moss any day.

screw stallworth, atleast Randy isn't in the substance abuse program

Seriously, are people that concerned with WR blocking? It's not like Moss never throws a block, and it's not like Stallworth or Branch were noteworthy blockers either. You get Moss so you have a guy who will be double-covered all day long and who can consistently burn any cornerback for games at a time. If he's putting up 1400+ yards receiving and getting an additional couple hundred yards off PIs, and I still think he can, then would you care all that much if his blocking isn't as good as it can be?

Seriously, are people that concerned with WR blocking? It's not like Moss never throws a block, and it's not like Stallworth or Branch were noteworthy blockers either. You get Moss so you have a guy who will be double-covered all day long and who can consistently burn any cornerback for games at a time. If he's putting up 1400+ yards receiving and getting an additional couple hundred yards off PIs, and I still think he can, then would you care all that much if his blocking isn't as good as it can be?
"1400+ yards receiving"? Here's a tip for you: its not 2003 anymore.

Last edited:
moss isn't the receiver you described anymore .he cant jump as high or run as fast as he used to .the problem with moss is his ****ty attitude .its one thing if he tried to block somebody but he just wasn't that good at it .its another thing if he just didn't feel like blocking somebody for what ever reason.moss doesnt block anybody because he doesnt feel like it.moss=owens .haven't we learned anything .

If a trade is on the table,fold the table up and store it back in the closet...Bad table :bricks:

"1400+ yards receiving"? Here's a tip for you: its not 2003 anymore.''
Worse players than Moss have come back from worse situations than Moss'. It's no less naive to say that he's exactly the same player that dominated in Minnesota than it is to say that he's exactly the same player that never got going in Oakland. More to the point, if Belichick is bringing him over I'm going to be more inclined to believe that it's a nicely calculated risk rather than just a plain roll of the dice.

"moss isn't the receiver you described anymore .he cant jump as high or run as fast as he used to .the problem with moss is his ****ty attitude .its one thing if he tried to block somebody but he just wasn't that good at it .its another thing if he just didn't feel like blocking somebody for what ever reason.moss doesnt block anybody because he doesnt feel like it.moss=owens .haven't we learned anything ."
I guess it's a difference of opinions, but I'd rather have a guy who occasionally blocks but can actually do somethign with it than someone who always blocks but might as well stay put. And I think it's an overstated problem since, Hines Ward aside, good receivers just don't block well and Moss is honestly better than many of them. And I think the decline in Moss is overstated, to say the least. His problems are not physical (except the wonky foot).

moss isn't the receiver you described anymore .he cant jump as high or run as fast as he used to .the problem with moss is his ****ty attitude .its one thing if he tried to block somebody but he just wasn't that good at it .its another thing if he just didn't feel like blocking somebody for what ever reason.moss doesnt block anybody because he doesnt feel like it.moss=owens .haven't we learned anything .

You would probably be somewhat s hitty too if you those crappy QB's tossing the ball around. I'm all for this trade. Moss' skills have not declined much at all. IF Cullpepper could make Moss look great, image what Brady could do.
Plus look what Denver did: they now have 2 all pro db's. We need to match up with them better; I'm so sick of them kicking our ass. I have a feeling it will be a Denver vs Pats AFC championship next year and would like our chances much better if Moss is a Patriot

Moss= TO is the dumbest analogy ever. If it were on the SAT I would feel dumber for just trying to answer it. TO needs and craves media attention and the spotlight. Moss is somewhat distraught when his team is losing and is hardly ever in the national spotlight. Moss in New England+ not losing much= super bowl champs.

Last edited:
You would probably be somewhat s hitty too if you those crappy QB's tossing the ball around. I'm all for this trade. Moss' skills have not declined much at all. IF Cullpepper could make Moss look great, image what Brady could do.
Plus look what Denver did: they now have 2 all pro db's. We need to match up with them better; I'm so sick of them kicking our ass. I have a feeling it will be a Denver vs Pats AFC championship next year and would like our chances much better if Moss is a Patriot

IF and that's a BIG IF, the Pats are interested in Randy Moss, be assurred that they have seen film, seen the medical reports, and STILL believer he'll be a big time WR. They will know a lot more about his CURRENT skill more tha we do. We can just speculate. The FO WILL KNOW.

That being said, IF he's the player they say he is, then I'd take him on the team with the caviat that he comes to NE, and wins a parking spot during the conditioning program. IF HE TRULY wants to win a ring, let him prove it.

As for the trade, I'd do it if Oakland threw in a 2nd round pick for 2008 and WE give them a 5th next year. Otherwise, I'd give them a second NEXT year, or, 3rd this year.

I really, really, REALLY don't get how Stallworth has (much) more potential and (much) more upside than Moss. Moss, at his best, is right there with the best players in the NFL.

Moss, at his best, when focused and motivated, is the best WR in the NFL, and behind just LT and Ed Reed as the best non-QBs in the league, in my opinion. At 30, he's still in his prime. Now I wouldn't do that trade... I'd think about, say, giving up a 4th and flipping our 1st for their 2nd (which is really just moving back 5 spots... or even Seattle's 1st for their 2nd, still only 9 sports) for Moss. I'd also rather have Moss than Stallworth, but I guess I'd be happy with Donte.

Last edited:
IF and that's a BIG IF, the Pats are interested in Randy Moss, be assurred that they have seen film, seen the medical reports, and STILL believer he'll be a big time WR. They will know a lot more about his CURRENT skill more tha we do. We can just speculate. The FO WILL KNOW.

That being said, IF he's the player they say he is, then I'd take him on the team with the caviat that he comes to NE, and wins a parking spot during the conditioning program. IF HE TRULY wants to win a ring, let him prove it.

As for the trade, I'd do it if Oakland threw in a 2nd round pick for 2008 and WE give them a 5th next year. Otherwise, I'd give them a second NEXT year, or, 3rd this year.

All reports I have read from CNN,The Boston Herald ect: have all indicated from sources close to the team that Belichick likes Moss ALOT and will see if they can do a deal that would be O.K. with Oakland and would be satisfactory with our team as well.

I don't think its an issue if they want him,its near certainty...But they want him at giving away a reasonable traded draft pick or two,nothing too big or two high up on the board,thats where a stalemate may lie.

LOL!!!:rofl: :rofl: :wha:

We'll have to add a ganja smilie I guess.:D

All reports I have read from CNN,The Boston Herald ect: have all indicated from sources close to the team that Belichick likes Moss ALOT and will see if they can do a deal that would be O.K. with Oakland and would be satisfactory with our team as well.

I don't think its an issue if they want him,its near certainty...But they want him at giving away a reasonable traded draft pick or two,nothing too big or two high up on the board,thats where a stalemate may lie.

It could be because cnn is quoting the herald article.:rolleyes:

Why not try a different source, ESPN:

On another front, a source close to Bill Belichick reacted with skepticism Monday to reports that the New England coach is "enamored of" Randy Moss and might consider acquiring the Oakland Raiders wide receiver in a trade.

Said the source: "I'd be very cautious about how I treat second- or third-hand information about what's going on in the mind of Belichick when it comes to this stuff. Unless you're hearing it directly [from Belichick], you're taking a big leap. It happens every year with the Patriots, about free agency and draft plans, a lot of agendas and speculation that rarely end up happening." Pasquarelli

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788847

Did anyone watch Moss play last yr or are they still hung up on his minny days??? The guy quit when he was in minny, he quit in oakland and that alone means he doesnt deserve the right to don a pats uni. Am i the only person on this board who believes a player should earn the right to play for this team? ****, we are not desperate. We are still leagues above the rest. If it wasnt for our injuries on Def. last yr. we would have been superbowl champs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes