Status
Not open for further replies.
Welker....FA
Branch....finished
Ocho......finished
Slater.....umm yea
Underwood......cut

Suffice to say they need 4 WR's.

Falt out, Patriots organiztion neither knows how to draft, develop, or assimilate FA WR to our system, minus Welker and 1 yr of Moss

Track record since 2002 is putrid.

I would be extremely surprised if Branch is not back next season as the 3rd WR

As far as Running backs go,I don't understand the drafting of Vereen when he was healthy was rarely seen this season...maybe more time next year but they have a stacked backfield.
Thus, the pass run ratio for the 2012 NFL season needs to be no worse than 50%-50%.

Lloyd's agent is going to take one look at Pats WR corps, and ask for Top TOP $$. This is a business first

So, will BB fork over the money ? I doubt it........His track record via FA, draft, or even fitting WR's into our system has been abysmal, outsideof 1 year of Moss, and now 4 yrs of Welker

if what you are trying to say is that ONLY the Patriots will have to deal with an outrageous demand from his agent, I have to respond negatively. Lloyd WANTS to play in McD's system. He is ON RECORD to that effect., the agent does what his client WANTS not vice versa...any deal for Lloyd offered to the Pats will be the same deal offered to any other suitor..the question is whether BB will PAY what it takes...since no one KNOWS what this figure even is right now, I think it's rather on the preposterous side to declare "the Patriots will be held up at gunpoint for Lloyd!!!"...I'll cross him off the list IF and WHEN this highway robbery attempt actually takes place...

if what you are trying to say is that ONLY the Patriots will have to deal with an outrageous demand from his agent, I have to respond negatively. Lloyd WANTS to play in McD's system. He is ON RECORD to that effect., the agent does what his client WANTS not vice versa...any deal for Lloyd offered to the Pats will be the same deal offered to any other suitor..the question is whether BB will PAY what it takes...since no one KNOWS what this figure even is right now, I think it's rather on the preposterous side to declare "the Patriots will be held up at gunpoint for Lloyd!!!"...I'll cross him off the list IF and WHEN this highway robbery attempt actually takes place...
You tell him boss!

I'm not trying to tell anybody anything...Lloyd is an option that HAS been a topic for BB and the Pats as recently as this season and Lloyd's comments ON THE RECORD are in direct contradiction to these posts to the contrary that he would be too hard for the Pats to sign...just READ this report and HIS quoted comments...

Could Brandon Lloyd Follow Josh McDaniels to the Patriots? - Pats Pulpit

A much greater emphasis of the New England Patriots offense thru the running backs will be warranted next year if Bill Belichick does not sign a viable unrestricted free agent wide receiver.

Then he better locate a bigger, brusing back who can move the pile and the chains whether the OL is into it or not.

Then he better locate a bigger, brusing back who can move the pile and the chains whether the OL is into it or not.
Maybe the offensive line would be more adept at run blocking if they got alot more repetitions during the actual games this past season.

Brandon Lloyd isn't coming here

Word out is the Rams are going to try very hard to retain Lloyd .... Too much into he goes where Josh goes crap.

Lloyd's success has been tied to McDaniels system. They will be starting over from scratch in another HC/OC's system in St. Louis. He has a better shot at earning his contract money in NE than anywhere.

much needed....better not draft another one in Rd 2.

Overall, the problem since 2006 has been pretty evident, the Defense is not a killer Defense. I would have thought BB would invest in Defense over years, but most D side picks and FA acquisitions have been garbage or over the hill.

last AFCCG loss to Colts, SB losses to Giants have pretty much shown it.

Also, Brady just does not have the EYE of THE TIGER anymore. Stupid plays and decisions in playoffs in 2009, 2010, 2011

Oh well, he has 2-3 more years at best. So, BB can either go for broke or keep turning his treasure trophy draft picks into likes of Haynesworth, Ocho, Burgess,,,,,,,,,,,

You should become a JETS fan to pass the time. We'll call you when Tommy and Bill are gone and it's worth your while to come back.

Lloyd's success has been tied to McDaniels system. They will be starting over from scratch in another HC/OC's system in St. Louis. He has a better shot at earning his contract money in NE than anywhere.

I think Lloyd took a closer look at staying in ST. L and is open to it because he was stated to have been impressed by the signing of coach Fisher who he apparently likes/respects.

Whether Fisher feels the same way and wants to spend money on him or rebuild the offense into his own mold as the new HC is another thing.

Last edited:
I think Lloyd took a closer look at staying in ST. L and is open to it because he was stated to have been impressed by the signing of coach Fisher who he apparently likes/respects.
Brian Schottenheimer did wonders for Mark Sanchez's career! :rofl:

At least he caught the ball thrown to him...hahaha some people didnt.

How did all that Ocho hate work out for you? He got paid 6 million, played in SB and got SB loser money. Things worked out great for Ocho...how about you? You mad bro?:singing:

hahahaha About as I expected.

I don't think Ocho is quite as shallow as his fanbase, but maybe he is. He's not a guy football players want to go to war with, in any offense. He can have the money, even though he didn't earn it. Except of course for teaching a HOF coach and a naive fan base an important football lesson. He's not the first self absorbed diva to hitch a ride to a Super Bowl on the Belichick Express. Just hope he's the last.

If there is a silver lining to the evening it's that he'll be gone soon and take you with him. Hope you like the VH-1 message board because reality TV beckons, for a while...until no one cares about a self promoter anymore once he loses his stage.

Whether Fisher feels the same way and wants to spend money on him or rebuild the offense into his own mold as the new HC is another thing.

yeah..uh...well, I HAVE the actual interview on CBS you seem to be trying to use as your lynchpin....you left out some important words like "I LOVE Playing for coach McDaniels" and "right NOW, I'm looking at what the Rams ,coach Fisher and coach Schottenheimer are trying to build here"...how anyone can spin this as Lloyd not wanting to follow McD is truly moronic...if anything, it seems as if Lloyd is SAYING all the right things making sure he's covering his own azz since no team could talk to him before the end of the game tonight...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D56vRRg0pB0&feature=player_embedded#t=139s

Last edited:

Lloyd is just marketing himself. His agent probably had angina when he said he only wanted to play for Josh...

I often get the sense you are out in left field. I chock it up to your location and overexposure to PA sports media. See it with a lot of out of area fans.

I don't see the harm in letting him come to training camp.

His signing bonus guarantees him $1.5M over the next two seasons, and his base salary of $3M is only applicable if he makes the roster. Considering we've already sunk $6M into the experiment and $0 more to let him compete for a spot, why wouldn't we?

Maybe a full off-season in the system and practicing with Brady will help him "get" it. I don't know. But there's no real point in cutting him until TC starts unless it's a rage thing.

Does Raggety Anne have cotton t!ts......
Peace out Ocho.

Ocho is as gone as gone gets. I think the Patriots pursuit Lloyd, the rams will be drafting Justin Blackmon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News