PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

So is OCHO gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
That was a wasted trade for us imo.
Branch is slowing down which means WR is really a need.

Anyone think we let Wes walk or trade him? It is his contract year.
BB did trade Asante after that other SB when his dropped INT would have one it.
We all know BB is all business.

Wes gets franchised. The outside WRs next year are Brandon Lloyd and a first round pick.

Ocho better be gone, and he can take Branch with him. :mad:

WR has been a need for 2+ years

It's just been overshadowed by our ridiculous tight ends.

And then rehighlighted when one of those ridiculous tight ends gets hurt.

Wes isn't going anywhere.

Ocho is gone for sure. Too much money for almost no production.

The Pats have plenty of Cap room to keep 85 for one more year.

Not having an offseason really hurt him a lot.

He better be gone. I want someone that plays. SOMEONE. THAT. PLAYS.

I don't think he's guaranteed to be gone like some people do, but if Brandon Lloyd signs with the Pats (which I'd give at least a 50% chance), then Ocho is gone for sure. Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Gronkowski, Hernadnez, and a 2nd round TE are enough weapons for Brady, even in a big game like this.

Ochocinco is probably gone.

In my opinion, Branch would have to take a serious hometown discount.

Let the Tiquan Underwood era begin!!!!!!!

That was a wasted trade for us imo.
Branch is slowing down which means WR is really a need.

Anyone think we let Wes walk or trade him? It is his contract year.
BB did trade Asante after that other SB when his dropped INT would have one it.
We all know BB is all business.

Asante Samuel was not traded,Ellis Hobbs was.

I've seen Ocho open bunch of times this season, and when he's in the game he plays ok...The not understanding the system is obvious THE problem but with a off season I can see him stay as no 3rd WR...It's all about if he can get the system imo

Ocho is dead wood and better be gone. Not worth 20% of his $4.5M cap hit next year. Use the $1.5M in cap savings to re-sign Branch - who only made $2M this season (compared to Ocho's $6M). He's a much better option as a 3rd or 4th WR for one more year behind a guy like Lloyd because he accepts role playing and can be a mentor to a young receiver or two that we have to identify and develop.

Gresh just noted that after his one catch Hernandez had to line him up before the next play because he was in the wrong position for the playcall...:bricks:

Last edited:
I held out hope for Ocho Noshow all season but I can't be fooled anymore. Enough already. Nice experiment, didn't work. Next.

Chad is gone. I think Wes and Branch both come back.

A purge is probably coming for the WR corp.

I've seen Ocho open bunch of times this season, and when he's in the game he plays ok...The not understanding the system is obvious THE problem but with a off season I can see him stay as no 3rd WR...It's all about if he can get the system imo

They've had 111 practices. If you can't grasp it in that time you never will. And when he's open he's often in the wrong place or at the wrong time. Brady can't trust him except on a set play like his lone once in a career super bowl reception. And even then he holds his breath.

Time to cut loose with Ocho. I was hoping it would work out, but sometimes these things don't. Best of luck and you're very entertaining, but you're not as great as you think you are.

Was it worth cutting Underwood to keep Chad for this game? I think I may have prefered Underwood out there.

A purge is probably coming for the WR corp.

much needed....better not draft another one in Rd 2.

Overall, the problem since 2006 has been pretty evident, the Defense is not a killer Defense. I would have thought BB would invest in Defense over years, but most D side picks and FA acquisitions have been garbage or over the hill.

last AFCCG loss to Colts, SB losses to Giants have pretty much shown it.

Also, Brady just does not have the EYE of THE TIGER anymore. Stupid plays and decisions in playoffs in 2009, 2010, 2011

Oh well, he has 2-3 more years at best. So, BB can either go for broke or keep turning his treasure trophy draft picks into likes of Haynesworth, Ocho, Burgess,,,,,,,,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back