PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast II: DE Greg Hardy anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a talent standpoint I would foam at the mouth at the thought of Hardy wreaking havoc on our line.

But yeah, I just can't get past those off-field issues. A shame, really. What a waste of talent.

I loved Hermandez. And Dillon was an excellent player for that 2004 championship season.

In 2015, things are much different. While I do agree that BB has taken flyers on players that were far from perfect in the past, I am not certain the current climate is right for too many chances on off-the-field behaviour.

Let's pass on Hardy and see what we can do with our impending FAs.

I loved Hermandez. And Dillon was an excellent player for that 2004 championship season.

In 2015, things are much different. While I do agree that BB has taken flyers on players that were far from perfect in the past, I am not certain the current climate is right for too many chances on off-the-field behaviour.

Let's pass on Hardy and see what we can do with our impending FAs.

I respect your thought regarding passing on Hardy, but I can't buy into the rest of what you wrote. The Patriots brought back Blount after he was busted this past summer and quit on the Steelers this past fall.

I respect your thought regarding passing on Hardy, but I can't buy into the rest of what you wrote. The Patriots brought back Blount after he was busted this past summer and quit on the Steelers this past fall.
I think you're somewhat downplaying what Hardy did. Blount smoked weed. Dillon was a bad teammate. Hardy is a lunatic. He threw a woman into a bathtub, slammed her against a wall, dragged her across a floor, choked her, threatened to kill her. He's as bad if not worse than Ray Rice only difference is one was caught on camera.

As others have said, this is a "sign our own" year; unless Revis bolts then we have real money to deal with. Even in that case, though, Belichick clearly loves the makeup of this team and I doubt that adding a scum bag is part of the plan.

I think you're somewhat downplaying what Hardy did. Blount smoked weed. Dillon was a bad teammate. Hardy is a lunatic. He threw a woman into a bathtub, slammed her against a wall, dragged her across a floor, choked her, threatened to kill her. He's as bad if not worse than Ray Rice only difference is one was caught on camera.

I'm not downplaying anything. I've followed the Hardy case enough to know the claims. But, Blount's a guy who's assaulted opposing players and teammates (and at least one coach, by mistake): he's not just a smoker. Dillon, after a bunch of juvenile issues, was arrested for domestic assault in 2000. His wife was found bleeding:

In their report, police who responded to a domestic violence call in Federal Way, Wash., in August of 2000 found Desiree Dillon bleeding from the mouth. She said she was driving a car when Dillon hit her. Dillon responded that he was defending himself by covering his face with his hands.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...gals-president-mike-brown-corey-dillon-unfair

the pats are known to gives guys a second chance to get there **** right but not at big money and I don't see this guy signing a one year 5 million dollar contract,

the pats need to keep there own the 2015 FA class does not look good. a hand full top talent that will get over paid like every year but I do not see any mid level starters in the bunch and that's were the pats make there bread

Count me in the "Blount is no angel but he isn't quite Hardy" crowd.

I also think Dillon - in 2015 - would be a pass if it was a known fact he was so violent against women.

Count me in the "Blount is no angel but he isn't quite Hardy" crowd.

I didn't know there was a "Bount = Exactly the same as Hardy" crowd.

People here like to pretend that the Patriots only sign the equivalents of Jesus and his apostles. History shows us otherwise.

Anyone who has experienced any type of significant spousal abuse, physical, verbal or emotional, in her/his immediate family and is OK with Greg Hardy should be ashamed. Anyone fortunate enough to not have had to endure those experiences who is OK with Greg Hardy should also be ashamed. Screw him and the rest of the gutless cowards who are like him.

I also think Dillon - in 2015 - would be a pass if it was a known fact he was so violent against women.
But, you know how that works. She baited him and was asking for it. Pathetic.

I just read that Hardy's trial starts tomorrow lol. I think that should settle this debate

Deus : I am actually not at all one of those that thinks NE only goes after "good guys". In fact, I am glad they don't limit themselves to only going after the model citizen.

The players on the NE Patriots are not my friends. They play for the football team I follow/root for. All I care about is that they win. I don't care if they are "not good people". However, in 2015, the climate is especially harsh on players with domestic abuse allegations/charges. The added attention Ray Rice and others have brought to light is more detrimental to team building now than it was in 2015 and therefore I stick with my assertion that those players will be passed today, whereas perhaps they were considered on the past.

This is only my opinion as it pertains to "will NE consider Hardy". Obviously, when it comes to the real world, I have absolutely no respect for people who lay a hand on others with the intent of causing physical harm (in the context of the football game, within the rules, causing physical distress is different).

(1) NE gives bad people chances (2) NE has given, in the past, chances to bad people (3) I believe the current climate would prevent NE from bringing in Hardy (4) obvioudly I could be way way off - it's my gut feeling on domestic abusers' NFL prospects in 2015.

Missing the mustard stain.
ohnono.gif

Great news for Hardy lovers. His trial got dismissed

No way the Pats' touch him. This guy is a bad dude. If you read the accounts of his domestic abuse incident, he is another Aaron Hernandez waiting to happen. He absolutely abused his girlfriend in a horrible manner and collects assault rifles like trading cards.

No thanks.

Great news for Hardy lovers. His trial got dismissed

I don't know how a clear spousal abuser gets off because the victim is afraid/unwilling to testify. Even if you want the Pats to sign Hardy, I don't find this great news. He gets off on a technicality. Not because he is innocent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes