PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Sign the Beast II: DE Greg Hardy anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Know way of knowing what Hardy really is from behind my computer (kudos to all of you who are so prescient) but if he really is the scum it seems that he is, I really think that is detrimental to the locker room BB is trying to build.
Frankly in my experience a guy who would do what Hardy did is a turd, and that will come out in every part of his life. I would expect him to be one of those players that is playing for himself, and will play his own defense at the expense of the team.
Could be wrong, he could be a fine upstanding gentleman and a great teammate, but with the limit amount of info I have, I doubt it.

Someone is going to give him starting DE type money, i see us in the market for a backup DE for rotational depth purposes. Hardy seems like he was made to play in the afc north for one of those scumbag organizations

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12300188/charges-vs-greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-tossed

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Domestic violence charges against Carolina Panthers defensive end Greg Hardy have been dismissed, with his accuser not making herself available to help with the case, prosecutors announced Monday.

AP Photo/Mike McCarn

Hardy's appeal of the 2014 conviction was scheduled to begin Monday morning at the Mecklenburg County Courthouse but his accuser, ex-girlfriend Nicole Holder, did not show up for the hearing.

In a statement explaining the decision to dismiss charges, the District Attorney's office said it has been made aware that Holder and Hardy have reached a civil settlement and she has "intentionally made herself unavailable to the State."

"Without her testimony, in this particular instance, the State could not proceed," the District Attorney's office said.

--

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago
.@NFL on Greg Hardy:”His status remains unchanged until we fully review the matter.” Remember, NFL no longer just relies on law enforcement

Last edited:
You could argue that the line in the sand was drawn much earlier with the Christian Peter episode where he was drafted and then waived a week later when his repeated evidence of DV became well known...

This was my first thought. Yes, it was generally said to be because of Myra Kraft, but her influence in that will linger even after her death.

So apparently the court and law enforcement is unable to locate the accuser. That doesn't sound bad at all. When can we sign this guy up??

Btw, that was sarcasm

So, the accuser got paid off and no-showed the trial, essentially. Could go both ways: you could say Hardy was guilty and paid her off to keep his dirty laundry from being aired, or you could say Hardy was innocent and just paid her to stop slandering him.

So apparently the court and law enforcement is unable to locate the accuser. That doesn't sound bad at all. When can we sign this guy up??

Btw, that was sarcasm

Easy now.

DAs haven't been able to find Holder. State has reliable info of a settlement.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/564803845558370304

Holder told prosecutors in October that she did not want to be part of another trial. Last time they talked to her was November.

https://twitter.com/josephperson/status/564808228153085952

In a statement explaining the decision to dismiss charges, the district attorney's office said it has "reliable information" that Holder and Hardy have reached a civil settlement and that she has "intentionally made herself unavailable to the State."

Prosecutors have been unable to locate Holder to issue her a subpoena, which would have compelled her to testify in the trial. Holder's civil attorney also has refused to assist prosecutors in locating his client.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12300188/charges-vs-greg-hardy-carolina-panthers-tossed

Last edited:
We are not going to re-sign him, so it's a moot point. But he is an elite DE. If he's smart, he's goes to a small market team, gets paid and stays out of the limelight

So, the accuser got paid off and no-showed the trial, essentially. Could go both ways: you could say Hardy was guilty and paid her off to keep his dirty laundry from being aired, or you could say Hardy was innocent and just paid her to stop slandering him.

Hardy is not innocent. He was already convicted for this crime once in a bench trial. NC law just guarantees him an appeal before sentencing. If a judge convicted him, he was guilty. It is far harder to get an acquittal in a bench trial in most cases than a jury trial especially for a famous athlete.

And based by how bad Hardy beat up his girlfriend, it would be hard for her to lie. He picked her up and threw her into a bathtub and on a bed full of guns, choked her, and slammed a toilet seat on her repeatedly while she was trying to get a necklace that he tried to flush.

Last edited:
His actions seem so heinous as Rob described them. My initial reaction was to actually think about signing him on the assumption that we could get him on a one year prove it deal on the cheap, and isn't NE where players go who want to disappear and reframe their reputations. He also fits a big need.

However the reality is, that if what Rob described is even close to what actually happened, I don't see how ANY team can bring him in, regardless of how good he is. Besides I will be very surprised if he isn't hit with a 6-8 game suspension from the head hypocrite

Of course there is a small possibility that Kraft in a rage against Goodell and the NFL decides to go "Full Raiders" on the league and really embrace the outlaw image and go after not only Hardy, but Suh as well. ;)

Anybody wanting to sign him doesn't know the back story and hasn't seen the Outside the Lines story. What he did to that girl is unfathomable I don't care how much he paid her off he doesn't belong in the nfl let alone on the pats. What he did is 100x worse than rice

He has alot of issues but he sure can rush the passer. I am waiting for chandler to become a pass rushing beast lol. I really hope our pass rush improves.It almost cost us again in the superbowl.
I don't agree. Chandler and nink both had huge sacks. And we weren't trying to go all out and sprint into the backfield. Do you know what Wilson would have done to us??

what's the over/under on how long it takes the Bills to sign him? He seems to fit right into the type of player Rex feels he needs to beat BB.

Although, this has put the league in a tough spot. first off, he got paid 13 million last year for doing nothing. He then took a portion of that money and paid off he ex-girlfriend. So now the NFL has no conviction, no pending charges. So what do they do?

Hardy is not innocent. He was already convicted for this crime once in a bench trial. NC law just guarantees him an appeal before sentencing. If a judge convicted him, he was guilty. It is far harder to get an acquittal in a bench trial in most cases than a jury trial especially for a famous athlete.

And based by how bad Hardy beat up his girlfriend, it would be hard for her to lie. He picked her up and threw her into a bathtub and on a bed full of guns, choked her, and slammed a toilet seat on her repeatedly while she was trying to get a necklace that he tried to flush.
Thanks for the info, I wasn't fully up to date on all that.

No thanks. For what he would cost, at least one of McCourty/Jones would have to be gone, just as a starting point. I'd rather keep the guys we have and look for pass rush help in the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Back