PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senator Comcast is on now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sen Comcast is on now

They asked him about Comcast and he STONEWALLED...he was insulted that the reporter would question his integrity, but he did NOT answer.

I want a full investigation into the conflict of interest between Comcast & the not so good Senator

Odds are that is not a violation. But asking Godell's office for SB tickets by the senator is a violation of the rules.

Specter just threw Walsh under the bus and I don't think he realizes it. By saying that Walsh gave the tapes to Adams and Jimmy Dee during the game, he called Walsh a LIAR and just voided the guys agreement with the NFL.

Specter also mentioned a process of how the videos were supposedly used during the game even though Walsh told Goodell that it never happened.

He could be calling Goodell a liar. Only walsh could straighten that out.

For any attorneys out there...is it my ignorance or did there seem to be a number of PROVABLE SLANDERS just mouthed by this dinosaur?

Slander may be easier to prove against the Senator compared to the Herald as we can proove a motive as to why he may want to cause malice (comcast).

Now the question is wether we can undoubtedly proove some of what he said was absolutely not true. I think that is possible too.

So all that is left is are the Patriots willing to sue a Senator?

I missed a lot of his press conference, but the guy really came off as a confused old man. He was all over the place. So he believes everything that Walsh said that hurts the Pats, but chooses not to believe him on things that don't choosing to believe Mark Schlereth that Specter thought so much of that he couldn't remember his name.

I am not shocked that he won't let this one die.

Way to go Jamelle Hill!

Bringing up the Comcast connection now on ESPN.

Skip Bayless says he doesn't care - - what an idiot.

So all that is left is are the Patriots willing to sue a Senator?

That would look bad, going after a dottering and possibly dying old fool who barely has any mental capacity left.

Last edited:

Re: The "there was taping at the 2002 SB" remark:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding of that relates only to what they say on the floor of the Senate.

NOT, over the public airwaves on a commercial radio show.

I was referring to the comments he made today. But, again, the Pats would have to prove actual malice to win a defamation suit, and, as I pointed out before, that ain't gonna happen here.

Way to go Jamelle Hill!

Of course Skip Bayless doesn't care. His agenda is to be "provocative". Jamelle Hill has become one of the best writer's/personalities in the country, IMO.

Way to go Jamelle Hill!

Skip Bayless is the stupidest person on ESPN. All year all he did was state as fact that the Pats have been committing fraud and espionage. He knows nothing and is embarrassing.

I was referring to the comments he made today. But, again, the Pats would have to prove actual malice to win a defamation suit, and, as I pointed out before, that ain't gonna happen here.

I dont know about proving the malice but there is a very obvious motive for malice and that would be his connection to comcast.

That would look bad, going after a dottering and possibly dying old fool who barely has any mental capacity left.

He said quite enough - this guy needs to be taken to task for abuse of power.

I would think his constituents would be outraged with a babbling old fool not paying attention to pressing matters like crime, economy, a war, a national election. This is where my tax dollars are going??

He should be ashamed.

Skip Bayless is the stupidest person on ESPN. All year all he did was state as fact that the Pats have been committing fraud and espionage. He knows nothing and is embarrassing.
A big AMEN to that. Bayless proves that anyone with two braincells can be a sports writer.

Last edited:

Please oh please oh please oh please let there be a full blown congressional investigation. Do you know how many teams have "Matt Walsh" guys out there who will blow the whistle on their ex-teams inner workings.

The Patriots are like the Clinton's at this point - they have been fully vetted and scrutinized. The other teams right now, including the 2 from PA are begging this old coot to shut his trap.

He said quite enough - this guy needs to be taken to task for abuse of power.

I would think his constituents would be outraged with a babbling old fool not paying attention to pressing matters like crime, economy, a war, a national election. This is where my tax dollars are going??

He should be ashamed.

not to mention that while ignoring the more important things like the war he is also ignoring important things to this case which would eb the FACTS

Maybe he should focus on Marvelos Marvin Harrison, with his armor piercing gun and the guy who was shot in Philly .. talk about compromising the integrity of the game. This is really getting on my nerves.. don't these guys have something better to do.

Specter Calls for Independent SpyGate Investigation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3395829

"WASHINGTON -- Sen. Arlen Specter wants an independent investigation of the New England Patriots' taping of opposing coaches' signals similar to the Mitchell report on performance-enhancing drugs in baseball. Specter again criticized the NFL's handling of the investigation during a news conference Wednesday.

...NFL commissioner Roger Goodell indicated he considered the investigation over with after meeting with Walsh on Tuesday. "Everybody pooh-poohs it," Specter said. "It's ridiculous to make that kind of contention." Specter, from Pennsylvania, cited the fact a Patriots attorney sat in on Walsh's meeting with Goodell as proof the investigation has not been impartial."

Last edited:
Re: Specter Calls for Independent SpyGate Investigation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3395829

"WASHINGTON -- Sen. Arlen Specter wants an independent investigation of the New England Patriots' taping of opposing coaches' signals similar to the Mitchell report on performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

Specter again criticized the NFL's handling of the investigation during a news conference Wednesday."

I hope Goodell flat-out refuses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes