PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senator Comcast is on now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Specter Calls for Independent SpyGate Investigation

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3395829

"WASHINGTON -- Sen. Arlen Specter wants an independent investigation of the New England Patriots' taping of opposing coaches' signals similar to the Mitchell report on performance-enhancing drugs in baseball.

Specter again criticized the NFL's handling of the investigation during a news conference Wednesday."

I'm glad a Senator is spending his time on this, as there is nothing more important for him to focus on at this point in our nation's history. The moderators of the Democratic debates have been irresponsible by not asking Obama and Hillary questions about this most pressing national issue.

A politician talking about "candor and credibility" is quite amusing...

Re: Sen Comcast is on now

Please oh please oh please oh please let there be a full blown congressional investigation. Do you know how many teams have "Matt Walsh" guys out there who will blow the whistle on their ex-teams inner workings.

The Patriots are like the Clinton's at this point - they have been fully vetted and scrutinized. The other teams right now, including the 2 from PA are begging this old coot to shut his trap.

Sorry. I want this to go away. The way the press is twisting everything that is coming out, it can only hurt the Patriots. I am guessing if Specter manages any investigation, it will be solely against the Pats.

Let's just let it end.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3395829

Specter, from Pennsylvania, cited the fact a Patriots attorney sat in on Walsh's meeting with Goodell as proof the investigation has not been impartial."

wait so let me get this straight because BOTH sides were repersented that make it partial and not fair. HELP I THINK MY BRAIN JUST EXPLODED

So all that is left is are the Patriots willing to sue a Senator?

The Patriots alone would never sue a Senator - Kraft is too smart to shoulder that kind of risk alone. However, the NFL as a whole might discuss it as a possibility.

What you just witnessed is Our New Tyranny - it's been 232 years since we threw off the yoke of Royal Tyranny. Now we suffer under the yoke of Bureaucratic Tyranny. These folks are too well funded and have to make work for themselves and claim it is for our own benefit!

As Jefferson said:

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

Last edited:

I am praying for a full investigation. The best way to make this go away is to expose EVERYONE!!!

I'm glad a Senator is spending his time on this, as there is nothing more important for him to focus on at this point in our nation's history. The moderators of the Democratic debates have been irresponsible by not asking Obama and Hillary questions about this most pressing national issue.
Good point - especially with the PA primary only a few weeks ago, how did this possibly not get asked. It is a critical national issue right now.

:bricks:

Sorry. I want this to go away. The way the press is twisting everything that is coming out, it can only hurt the Patriots. I am guessing if Specter manages any investigation, it will be solely against the Pats.

Let's just let it end.

What are you talking about? This is just now getting good. It's OUR turn at bat.

Joe McCarthy went too far today a few minutes ago. Watch the fallout.

You know what?

I agree with Senator Spector on one point. I think there should be an independent investigation into cheating in the NFL.

And I think a good place to start would be to investigate whether or not the Eagles tampered with Asante Samuel. Of course, if they did, they'd be forced to forfeit their first round pick to the Patriots in compensation.

Re: Specter wants Mitchell-like investigation

Why is there not a public outcry for campaign finance investigation in response to this?! This pindejo is wasting money and time all in the interest of his sponsors. Shameless, shameless whore. I cannot fathom how he is allowed to make a mockery of our government without significant public backlash.

Christ, for the first time in my life I find myself rooting for cancer.

Last edited:

Sphincter does realize that distribution of steroids without a prescription is ILLEGAL whereas filming a football team's sideline isn't - right ? :confused:

Let's just let it end.

Specter won't be managing the investigation. Leahy will be.

As for an investigation, If I was Goodell, I would issue a rebuttal saying that the issue is closed and that there is no grounds for an investigation by the Seante. I'd also point out that Senator Specter needs to remove himself from the issue because of the clear conflict of interest that Senator spector has. Comcast is one of his largest supporters and that with the NFL currently engaged in a lawsuit with Comcast, that there is no way he can be unbiased.

I'm actually fine with that. Of course, no one team was investigated by Mitchell. The Patriots have already been tried and convicted for their crime. I am fairly confident that nothing else will pop up regarding their practices. Lets see if the other teams will pass the same scrutiny unscathed. I doubt it.

Maybe he should focus on Marvelos Marvin Harrison, with his armor piercing gun and the guy who was shot in Philly .. talk about compromising the integrity of the game. This is really getting on my nerves.. don't these guys have something better to do.
Marvin has assured the team that he was not involved in that fracas. The new rumor is the gun found was not even his. He led the Police to his home, where he removed HIS Belgian Gun from a locked gun cabinet. Anyway, we'll find out more as time passes, I'm sure. I am willing to bet that Marvin will be fully exonerated of ANY implication that connects him to this shooting.

I am praying for a full investigation. The best way to make this go away is to expose EVERYONE!!!

Never happen. Patrick Leahy chairs the SJC, and Ted Kennedy is also there. You think they're going to call for an investigation of a sports team/league? Especially focusing on the locals? Tough to explain that to the constituents.

Last edited:

What are you talking about? This is just now getting good. It's OUR turn at bat.

Joe McCarthy went too far today a few minutes ago. Watch the fallout.

By "independent investigation" he means independent of the NFL.

Specter could still be calling the shots and it could in fact still be a witchhunt focused on the Patriots.

No investigation is truly independent if the investigating is done by people hand-picked by such a biased old fool and reporting the results of the investigation to him.

Why does Spector think that a Patriots attorney sitting in the room is proof of anything? I would be shocked if the Pats didn't have a lawyer present. Walsh is a proven liar and both he and Spector have agendas. That means nothing. Does he understand how ANYTHING works?

Isn't this the same guy who a month or two ago authored a report to the Senate Judiciary Committee that he felt that an investigation of whether the CIA improperly used torture techniques wasn't warranted.

It is disgusting that he is more concerned about an independent investigation of whether the Pats cheated than if the US Government violated the Geneva Convention.

FOLKS, understand:

You are right now watching the BEST thing to happen for the New England Patriots.

This is a GREAT day!!!!!!!!

He looked and sounded really bad and I agree with you. If they investigate all 32 teams I am all for it. I have a feeling the Pats will not keep their lips sealed no matter what the commissioner says if there is an outside investigation here. They will be forced to disclose all the info they have on other teams "spying," "taping" practices as suggested by Bob Kraft on a prior interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes