PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Senator Comcast is on now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sen Comcast is on now

WTF!! Will someone please tell me which laws were broken that justifies a congressional hearing on this topic. While I didn't support it, I could see the rationalization of the Mitchell Report and the investigation into the illegal distribution and use of performance-enhancing drugs, but this ...................!?!?

Will someone please stand up to this pathetic excuse of a civil servant that is so blatantly pursuing his own personal agenda to enhance his own economic situation. I can stand a lot BS from the government, what everything the way it is now with the war in Iraq, state of world affairs and where the economy is heading, but when these greedy mutha f^@$* start meddling into something like this it really pisses me off!

Marvin has assured the team that he was not involved in that fracas. The new rumor is the gun found was not even his. He led the Police to his home, where he removed HIS Belgian Gun from a locked gun cabinet. Anyway, we'll find out more as time passes, I'm sure. I am willing to bet that Marvin will be fully exonerated of ANY implication that connects him to this shooting.

Spare us your bull$hi#. Eat it on your own message board. Here we don't look kindly on men who spray bullets into crowds and injure toddlers.

Last edited:
Re: Specter wants Mitchell-like investigation

I actually want this to happen. It will blow the lid off of all 32 teams and their secrets.

It is funny reading the ESPN comments, Pats haters are now chiming in that they don't want an investigation, because they know what will come of it upon their own teams!!

He looked and sounded really bad and I agree with you. If they investigate all 32 teams I am all for it. I have a feeling the Pats will not keep their lips sealed no matter what the commissioner says if there is an outside investigation here. They will be forced to disclose all the info they have on other teams "spying," "taping" practices as suggested by Bob Kraft on a prior interview.

When they start interviewing some of these people under oath in front of national television, every owner and coach of every team will start squirming except the Patriots because they've already gone behind the woodshed and taken their lickin'..:eek:

I'd love to see a Mitchell-like investigation. Let's investigate every team's recent past, in-depth. I'd love to see which of the sanctimonious jackasses that has been criticizing the Pats for all these months has skeletons of his own in the closet.

Thank God someone had the nards to ask him about comcast. He dodged that one though with a "no one has ever questioned my integrity".

The reason he thinks "no one has ever questioned my integrity" is because he's never heard anyone do so to his face.

And the reason for that is, he's never, ever listened to anyone else in his life.

Q.E.D.....

Spare us your bull$hi#. Eat it on your own message board. Here we don't look kindly on men who spray bullets into crowds and injure toddlers.

.....but on the bright side....that's not nearly as bad as taping signals.:rolleyes:

There is alot of dirt surrounding Marvin that if it came into the public eye would surely hurt the Colts and the NFL

Richard

Specter won't be managing the investigation. Leahy will be.

As for an investigation, If I was Goodell, I would issue a rebuttal saying that the issue is closed and that there is no grounds for an investigation by the Seante. I'd also point out that Senator Specter needs to remove himself from the issue because of the clear conflict of interest that Senator spector has. Comcast is one of his largest supporters and that with the NFL currently engaged in a lawsuit with Comcast, that there is no way he can be unbiased.

Specter will manage it until it actually becomes Senate hearing. Individual members of the Senate Judiciary Committee conduct their own investigations all the time. Specter actually lead the investigation onto whether the destruction of the CIA torture tapes was warranted. After about a month of looking he determined, no more investigation was needed on that one.

I do agree that Specter should not be involved in any formal investigation because of his obvious conflicts of interests. I don't know if he will.

Specter just threw Walsh under the bus and I don't think he realizes it. By saying that Walsh gave the tapes to Adams and Jimmy Dee during the game, he called Walsh a LIAR and just voided the guys agreement with the NFL.

Specter also mentioned a process of how the videos were supposedly used during the game even though Walsh told Goodell that it never happened.

Great point, I didn't catch that the first time around. Will now be interesting to see how much Walsh talks going forward.

C'mon Pony. This coming from a message board that will break down EVERY WORD of EVERY SENTENCE in a post and ask for proof, and twist meanings, you're going to come with that? Your rant implies that you believe that Marvin ('men') purposely shot multiple bullets in an erratic pattern ('spray bullets') into a large group of people ('crowds') and injured a small child ('toddler'). The only think you might have gotten right was that a small child did apparently get hit with some glass (which is obviously heinous) and needed treatment for a minor injury. Again, none of this is condoned, but none of it can so far be attributed to My Man Marvin:p

I actually want this to happen. It will blow the lid off of all 32 teams and their secrets.

It is funny reading the ESPN comments, Pats haters are now chiming in that they don't want an investigation, because they know what will come of it upon their own teams!!

I want it to happen too, but for different reasons.

Don't keep getting fooled by the man playing 3-Card Monty.

The battle is NOT between the different franchises within the corporation called the National Football League. Only the peasant fans think that's the ballgame here.

The REAL battle is between the corporations Comcast and NFL.

The more Spector drools over this, the more will be brought to light about Comcast.

Last edited:

if nothing else, at least this press conference is making it painfully apparent that Specter is a ******* idiot. There's really no justifiable reason to take this guy seriously.

if nothing else, at least this press conference is making it painfully apparent that Specter is a ******* idiot. There's really no justifiable reason to take this guy seriously.

No matter how stupid he is appearing to us, the fact remains that he is United States Senator.:confused::mad:

"If" a congressional investigation happens, they can't force any further penalties...or ANYTHING for that matter. So why would they even bother?

"Senator Kennedy, Mr. Kraft is on line one....."

Should not Kennedy have some interest in this on behalf of Kraft? He certianly swings alot of weight.

I'd love to see a Mitchell-like investigation. Let's investigate every team's recent past, in-depth. I'd love to see which of the sanctimonious jackasses that has been criticizing the Pats for all these months has skeletons of his own in the closet.

The Mitchell report did not investigate all teams equally. It basically got ahold of a couple of clubhouse guys with the Mets and Yankees and found out everyone connected to those select people. It did not look for similar people in other clubhouses on other teams doing the same thing.

They found a couple of cooperative snitches or people they had over a barrel and milked all the information there.

In this case a similar investigation could just focus on willing snitches from the Patriots and not be the broad and fair investigation that many of you seem to be imagining.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back