PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter claims Washington on trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know WHO, if anyone, can say, unequivocally, that the Reche would have scored a TD on the 2nd drop against the Colts. I remember watching the play and there was a Colts player running to the spot where Reche would have been had he caught the ball and started running up field.

I can, unequivocally, say that the Patriots would have scored a TD on the series where Hayden mauled Caldwell, but no call was made. With the proper call made by the Ref, the Pats get the ball on the Colts 1 with 4 new downs to go. The Pats could have easily pushed the Colts D-line back either with a QB sneak or with a plunge by Evans.

Would that TD have won the game for the Pats? I don't know. I am not a fortune teller. But no one can sit there and say that the game was lost on Reche's drop, either, since there was still a full quarter left to play.

Re: "Schefter claims Washington on trading block

And don't forget the '06 5th-rounder for Andre Davis the year before that.

Poor scouting/evaluation, therefore lousy asset management. The FO has learned its lesson, I hope.

I doubt it. The Pats FO has had a long history of problematic selections of wideouts. Aside from once wisely selecting he-who-can-never-again-be-named in the 2nd round, they signed Donald Hayes as a FA, traded picks for NFL wideouts Andre Davis and Doug Gabriel and drafted Bethel Johnson 2nd and the perennially injured Chad Jackson 2nd (via a trade up). What specificly indicates that they've learned anything about picking wideouts with that excerable track record? The only positive evidence so far is the performance of Caldwell (hated by many here) and Gaffney last season.

Last edited:
Hey! You've been warned before about bringing facts into heated discussions. Knock it off.

Sorry about that. I totally forgot.

Caldwell did only play with the 3rd stringer, but it was clearly because Caldwell is so awesome that Belichick thought Kight and Childress could learn for Caldwell's awesomeness.

There! Much better. :D

Re: "Schefter claims Washington on trading block

I, too, heard it loud and clear that Washington is on the trading block.

Chris Chambers being on the trading block was the biggest surprise though.

Well, it is surprising, but I guess virtually any player is on the block for the right price. I wonder what the Dolphins are asking for him. They might be mentioning his name in the hopes of receiving a kings ransom.

From LadyPatsFan on KFFL:

I just checked with one of my sources on this trade rumor.
He said that the Pats are checking on trade interest in Gaffney, Calldwell and Washington. He said that Washington and Caldwell are the two primary WRs that are seriously on the block. But he did confirm that one of the three is gone and the Pats are trying to figure out which one. This final preseason game is going to be very important for all three, IMO. Personally, I hope that they trade Caldwell. I'd rather keep Gaffney and Washington.

This will be something to keep on eye on during the next two days.

It seems as if, despite all of out huffing, NE will base this decision more on who returns the biggest return, not who the team thinks more highly of.

Last edited:
From LadyPatsFan on KFFL:

It seems as if, despite all of out huffing, NE will base this decision more on who returns the biggest return, not who the team thinks more highly of.

According to John Clayton, Washington's trade value isn't very good because his contract is prohibative. He felt Caldwell would get more on the open market. I wouldn't be surprised if Gaffney was the one who got traded though. He did play well on the national stage last year.

Gaffney will not be traded he is a gem that we found was being mis used in Houston and caught in a log jam in Philly.
He is the closest thing we have to Givens I'm rooting for him hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft