PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Schefter claims Washington on trading block

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazyeechrispats1

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Just to add more conversation on the heated roster spots NFL network's Adam Schefter claims that Kelly Washington is on the trade block for the New England Patriots.

I gotta disagree and say it's Reche on the trade block, but we won't know till we know.

Re: "Schefter claims Washington on trading block

Just to add more conversation on the heated roster spots NFL network's Adam Schefter claims that Kelly Washington is on the trade block for the New England Patriots.

I gotta disagree and say it's Reche on the trade block, but we won't know till we know.

Schefter has some pretty good sources with the Pats. I wouldn't "disagree with him" and decide to substitute another player of your choosing.

But this is obviously predictable. Trying to get something instead of nothing. Schefter also reports Chambers, Michael Clayton, and Reggie Williams are on the block.

EDIT: Are you sure he said Washington? Those three above are the only ones PFT mentions.

They may both be bait.

Any link to this???

Is it me or are the Pats suffering from a case of loose lips lately.

Whether it's on purpose or not, it seems the Pats have become very leaky with information.

I've been suspecting they'd end up trying to get something for at least 1 WR. If they didn't they'd just be cuttuing someone decent anyway. Why not try?

I know the Titans should be more than interested in Kelley.

Yes I am 100 percent sure as soon as I heard it I replayed it on my DVR and he said Patriots Washington could be on the block.

On a side note how funny would it be if the Dolphins didn't have Chambers.
Really who would be a playmaker for them?

Says who?

If some team, say Houston, calls New England about its surplus of recieving talent, asks about Washington, and gets told, "we'll give him to you for a first and a third," does that put him on the block?

(I'm not saying this really happened but...)

Anybody in danger of getting cut right now is on the block. That goes for the other 31 teams as well. If you can get a 6 for a guy you're about to dump, you take the 6.

Likewise if you are desperate for talent or depth at a given position (Tennessee, Houston, Minnesota, Kansas City, Tampa) and you have a guy available who fits your needs for size, speed, special teams, etc, wouldn't you gladly give up a late pick instead of bidding for his services?

Someone in another thread had mentioned that possibly all the playing time, as well the start, against the Panthers may have been for showcasing purposes.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Caldwell on the roster over Washington.

Yes i am 100 percent sure as soon as I heard it I replayed it on my dvr and he said Patriots Washington could be on the block.

I, too, heard it loud and clear that Washington is on the trading block.

Chris Chambers being on the trading block was the biggest surprise though.

They may both be bait.

Bait? I don't think there's a team that would bite the Reche hook. LOL.

Definitely I always thought Chambers was one of those big time receivers that just never had a decent QB.
You know Jeff Fisher got giddy hearing the names Reggie Williams, Chris Chambers Kelly Washington on trade block.
I hope that Washington lights it up against the Giants and like that stupid song ay bay bay we can say Trade Trade Reche I'm on the web hollering trade Reche.
Sorry couldn't resist.

Reche Caldwell is the third best WR on this team. I really don't understand the hate.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Caldwell on the roster over Washington.
I would prefer to hang on to Reche based on his blocking skills if nothing else.

Chambers is an overrated Wisconsin WR. He's nothing special. Reggie Williams is slow, and Clayton disappeared after a monster first season. Washington is just another guy; Caldwell is a better player, as is Gaffney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes