PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ryan Mallett trade speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were a few links and blogs about Jerry Jones being interested in
Mallet before the draft.

Ryan Mallett Could Replace Tony Romo as the Dallas Cowboys’ Quarterback | Dallas Cowboys

Are the Cowboys Goin' Hogging?

Dallas Cowboys Draft Prospect Ryan Mallett Tops Cam Newton at NFL Combine | Dallas Cowboys

After watching Romo blow the game against the Jets, today Jerry
Jones gave Romo a vote of confidence (the kiss of death).

Jerry Jones talks up Tony Romo | ProFootballTalk

This may draw a little criticism, but I thought Tony played one of the best games I’ve ever seen him play,” Jones told KRLD-FM, via Tim McMahon of ESPNDallas.com. “You can make a big case that the way he played for three quarters was how we got there at the end and looked like for sure we were going to get the win. But he played outstanding.”

And Jones isn’t focused on the recent past, which includes Romo having a 1-7 record in his last eight starts. Jones thinks Romo can still help the team achieve the ultimate goal. “He’s a winner,” Jones said. “We are going to rise and fall based on what Tony Romo’s about over the next several years, and I’m excited about that. We’ve got someone here that can, if we can get some other things together, we can have a team that gets us in position to have a shot.”

Jones disagrees with the notion that Romo isn’t a clutch player, but the facts are the facts. Romo fails in big moments, and until that changes the Cowboys won’t be as good as Jones wants them to be.
:rofl::nono::wha::bye2:

I remember when Belichick gave Maroney the vote of confidence on 8/25/10.

New England Patriots Links 8/25/10 - Maroney: 'I know I'm the stuff' - Pats Pulpit

Bill Belichick likes what he has seen from Laurence Maroney at camp and in practice.

He's been out there every day. I think he's worked hard. He's in good condition. I think he's improved daily because he's been out there and he's been able to get to work.

I think everybody on the team that touches the ball knows how important it is for them to take care of it. I don't think there's any doubt about that. All players carry that responsibility when they handle the ball.

Every guy has always got something he can work on and do better. I think Laurence has worked hard. He's been out there every day and he's taking his reps. I think he's ready to go.

Maroney got traded for a 4th round pick on 9/14/10.

Jerry Jones is not getting any younger and I have a feeling he is already
considering who will be his next Quarterback.

I would give him Mallet for a 2013 1st round pick.
We already have 2 first round picks in 2012, and I have a feeling Jerry
may bite if it was a 2013 pick.

You know Jerry.... If he gets Mallet in 2011, he plans to win the superbowl
in 2012.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Jerry Jones (former Arkansas captain) already interested in Mallet?

I don't think even super stretch armstrong can make a reach that great.

I'm sure extra 1st are always good and that'd be a great ROI on a recent pick. Not sure anyone has seen enough from Mallet to make that leap (maybe a 3rd).

as for Jone's comments, that's what yo expect everyone to say.

With the Boys' offensive line troubles, maybe Jones should trade for Dante Scarnecchia. :halo:

Last edited:

give us 2 2's Jerry and he is yours

give us a 1 and a 3 plz:cool:

It would be highly unconventional, but I could see mallet having value now.

I disagree with the many posts I've seen about how BB will be able to get something for him in 2-3 years if they do not need him. The reason Cassel had value is because the Pats were 11-5 while he played against real competition.

This is unacceptable when the Colts have already offered us their 1st and the only 3 hot chicks in Indiana.

This is unacceptable when the Colts have already offered us their 1st and the only 3 hot chicks in Indiana.

I'm guessing you have really low standards. :D

You're exaggerating... 3?

This was just a throw-in so as not to offend any board members who might live in that hell hole and have a wife or a couple of daughters or something.

Purely CYA.

I love that other teams are fawning over our 3rd string QB. Life is good here in New England, aye?

I don't see it now but I could actually see Jones giving up their first next year before the Draft if he doesn't see a great QB prospect there for them, and it would be a great way for the Pats to play it, don't let them defer it a year take that first.

I don't see it now but I could actually see Jones giving up their first next year before the Draft if he doesn't see a great QB prospect there for them, and it would be a great way for the Pats to play it, don't let them defer it a year take that first.

My NFC is the Cowboys, and I don't see them giving up on Romo yet.

I know that votes of confidence are often the kiss of death but I fully believe that Jerry Jones is prepared to wear the Romo anchor all the way to the bottom. Blub. Blub. Blub.

Jerry must have a great ability to engage in self-delusion if he believes what he said about Romo. But of course what would you expect the man to say. He made a bad choice signing a nice JAG as a franchise QB.

The season is likely a disappointment. And Jerry can look in the mirror to see who is to blame.

You Draftniks are pure nuts! You only nad always speak of how much would the Colts pay for a Mallett.

Why have none of you contemplated how much Belichick would DEMAND for Mallett? This is a "seller's market". Plus BB knows that if Manning can be done in by a neck injury at 35, so can a single hit do it to his 34 year Superstar as well.:confused:

Besides y'all over valuate draft picks. There are times when you need a surplus of draft picks. There are times when you don't, as in 2007, when the Team needed established Moss and Welker veterans more, for a last SB push to an rapidly aging team.:snob:

BB needed lots of them when he was rebuilding an entire Super bowl team grown old and slow. But that era is past for the next half a decade. The only real concern Belichick has now, is how to handle the transition from a HOF QB to his eventual successor. And FINDING Brady's eventual successor.:)

Bill may have lucked into a qualified successor at a 3rd round contract, and cheap price to pay annually, until he is ready. No one criticizes Mallett's arm, or talent, or football brains, as tested by none other than Bill Belichick himself in a multi-hour interview. The rumors swirled for other reasons, none of which were ever confirmed in any way. :cool:

Why, Oh why, would BB even consider a trade of Mallett for a mere 1st round draft pick? Especially when he would have to use a First in the next few years for a problematical QB replacement, too?

You are all... D-A-F-T !!:mad:

Are you sure it isn't just the hottest chick in Indianapolis and you are mistaking two of her chins as two other women's chins?

Re: Rumors Galore!! Could Ryan Mallett be traded to....

Who says they even like Mallett?
They wouldnt draft him in the 3rd round, and that was with Manning not being under contract and his recovery from surgery unknown.
Why would they all of a sudden think he is worth a first?
]

A few things.

1) Mallett was taken by the Pats in the 3rd round before the Colts could pick him in the 3rd round.

2) The Colts would have had to use a 1st or 2nd round pick to get Mallett.

3) This assumption of yours that they wouldn't have drafted Mallett in the 3rd round has no basis. Especially since you have no idea what the Colts priorties were in the draft.

4) How do you know that they don't like Mallett? You don't and neither do we..

You Draftniks are pure nuts! You only nad always speak of how much would the Colts pay for a Mallett.

Why have none of you contemplated how much Belichick would DEMAND for Mallett? This is a "seller's market". Plus BB knows that if Manning can be done in by a neck injury at 35, so can a single hit do it to his 34 year Superstar as well.:confused:

Besides y'all over valuate draft picks. There are times when you need a surplus of draft picks. There are times when you don't, as in 2007, when the Team needed established Moss and Welker veterans more, for a last SB push to an rapidly aging team.:snob:

BB needed lots of them when he was rebuilding an entire Super bowl team grown old and slow. But that era is past for the next half a decade. The only real concern Belichick has now, is how to handle the transition from a HOF QB to his eventual successor. And FINDING Brady's eventual successor.:)

Bill may have lucked into a qualified successor at a 3rd round contract, and cheap price to pay annually, until he is ready. No one criticizes Mallett's arm, or talent, or football brains, as tested by none other than Bill Belichick himself in a multi-hour interview. The rumors swirled for other reasons, none of which were ever confirmed in any way. :cool:

Why, Oh why, would BB even consider a trade of Mallett for a mere 1st round draft pick? Especially when he would have to use a First in the next few years for a problematical QB replacement, too?

You are all... D-A-F-T !!:mad:

Why would you assume we'd need to spend a 1st to get someone to replace TFB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes