PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jalen Mills pops off (CYA greenhead)

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score

This is a comment about Jack Jones:

Jalen Mills

@greengoblin

It’s crazy what a coach showing a player that they believes in you can do for their confidence and performance..

2:17 PM · Dec 15, 2023
·
Views

Trent Brown and Jalen Mills won't be here next year, so it doesn't matter. If the defense wasn't playing well, fans would be right to wonder if there is a little bit of an Adalius Thomas attitude taking hold of the defense by now, but clearly the defense is playing well, and Mills is a bit player who is on his way out the door anyway.

Jalen Mills
@greengoblin

It’s crazy what a coach showing a player that they believes in you can do for their confidence and performance..

·
Views

Trent Brown and Jalen Mills won't be here next year, so it doesn't matter. If the defense wasn't playing well, fans would be right to wonder if there is a little bit of an Adalius Thomas attitude taking hold of the defense by now, but clearly the defense is playing well, and Mills is a bit player who is on his way out the door anyway.

Mills' role is kind of surprising. He went from a guy who appeared poised to take the lead, to a guy who has gotten limited snaps and has just been more or less a role player. Amazing how far off he fell compared to the expectations that were there in the preseason, albeit his workload has increased a bit over the last six weeks:

Mills' role is kind of surprising. He went from a guy who appeared poised to take the lead, to a guy who has gotten limited snaps and has just been more or less a role player. Amazing how far off he fell compared to the expectations that were there in the preseason, albeit his workload has increased a bit over the last six weeks:

He was actually cut at one point--I'm sure that ticked him off.

Reactions: Ian

Jalen Mills
@greengoblin

·
Views

How do you know that is about Jack Jones? It’s a stand alone tweet it could be in reference to any number of players or even himself

Must have slept in on "singular/plural" grammar day in 2nd grade

He was actually cut at one point--I'm sure that ticked him off.
He was cut on a higher paying contract and brought back on a much lower paying contract after he had no other offers, then made to switch positions, and after doing so has seen little playing time. I'm sure he's not super enthusiastic. But the truth is that the team could cut him tomorrow and wouldn't feel a very big impact.

Mills just wasn’t a good signing from the jump. JAG or worse…who cares?

And I’m over Trent Brown.

Mills just wasn’t a good signing from the jump. JAG or worse…who cares?

And I’m over Trent Brown.
Welp, this is very depressing: 2024 NFL Free Agents Tracker

Last 2 years, there haven't been any worthwhile tackles available in FA. Orlando Brown and McGlinchey have turned into colossal busts.

There's no one available for next year.

This means they have to draft one EARLY.

Dunno if he was talking about Jack Jones, but the timing seems to suggest it..and also suggests Meyers as well...

Either way, I was willing to put up with Jack Jones' bullschitt cuz' he can play (shrugs).

Mills had his moments but he’s annoyed me since he got cooked by Lamb on that game losing TD in overtime a couple years ago. I don’t think he’s irreplaceable.

Skill was never the problem with Jack Jones... Team believed in him, bent over backwards to help the guy... All that was really asked of him was to act like an adult / professional ... Guess that was a bit too much for him to handle... Way to be oblivious to reality Mills...

Bong Joon Ho Smoke GIF by NEON

Now we know why. Attitude limiting altitude.

Reactions: Ian

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back