PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

rumor: Peyton Manning to announce retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lowe pictured with the Irsay family two years ago in Super Bowl week:

immersive.jpg

The Indianapolis Star | Talk of Our Town: Jim Irsay's Pre Super Bowl Party

My favorite Rob Lowe pic was with the two teenage hookers

I'll believe it when it's officil. Beingthe competitor that he is, this decision must have been made for him (body/family).

Won't be the same and seems 2-3 years too short. Let's hope we get all of Brady.

It just makes zero sense to drop this now. I would not be surprised if this s what ultimately happens though.

@JasonLaCanfora
Jason La Canfora
Ran the Rob Lowe Peyton Manning tweet past Manning's agent, Tom Condon, a little while ago. Was first he'd heard of it and said if ...

Manning was retiring it was news to him. I told Tom I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last call he got on this topic
8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Ok, they're good friends, but is it something we think he'd run by Rob Lowe before his agent? The fact that his agent knows nothing ...Lowe would have to be tweeting this while Peyton is telling him.

I'm not saying it is true or false, but the agent (and anyone else sensible) is going to deny it because he doesn't want to be the ahole that prestages Manning in his retirement announcement. Apparently Rob Lowe has not issue doing this though.

If he's retiring, he's retiring. There's no harm in someone tweeting it.

How would you feel if your friend told your parents that you and your wife were getting married, before you had a chance to get around to it?

It's a personal matter. Most people know not to go public with other people's personal business.

This is liTerally the best news the Colts could hope for.

How would you feel if your friend told your parents that you and your wife were getting married, before you had a chance to get around to it?

It's a personal matter. Most people know not to go public with other people's personal business.

:confused:

You're kidding with this, right?

if true, then this is horrible news for the green toe adorers....they're stuck with Sancheese for the foreseeable future

no confirmation yet from either Kevin Bacon, Judd Nelson, or Emilio Estevez.

Most people know not to go public with other people's personal business.

guess you've never heard of the Kardashian Universe

Are you living in a society I know nothing of?

Damn... Tough news if true. Health > Brady > Manning

That would be my own damn fault.

Order of events:

Bride calls parents.
Groom calls parents.
Then friends are notified.

I do know of some grandparents who found out third party, but I blame the mom for this. She told everyone she works with she was pregnant, but decided to wait a month to tell her own parents. #stupid.

Rob Lowe probably met Peyton Manning one time and is claiming they are friends to make his twitter more credible than say... ESPNs.

He said he "heard" which means, Manning is unlikely retiring. Just another headline for the media, because they are apparently lacking stories, now that Tebowmania is dead.

At this point I am not reaching any conclusions before hearing it straight from Molly Ringwald

It doesn't sound like Manning to make an announcement like this now and upstaging the Conference championship weekend esp with Eli playing this week.

Via @ProFootballTalk - Peyton Manning's agent, father shoot down retirement rumor..

So, who knows.. could be that Rob talked to Peyton before Peyton talked to Archie and his agent..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News