PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Peyton takes cheapshot against Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone who truly gets it!

I know you're being subjective here, but let's be real. He knew bringing up Brady's name would put him in the headlines for 2 seconds. He saw a shot at 5 more seconds of fame at the expense of Brady, his PR pal, and he took it.

I know Brady hates Manning too and is probably is a bit peeved at the love Manning gets from opposing fans and media alike vs the hate he gets for, I guess, being Brady.

I've seen roasts and I've never seen anybody insult a "friend" who has nothing to do with the speaker or the person the speaker is supposed to be roasting, unless they were telling a funny story, relevant to the guy being roasted. Brady or Lowe have nothing to do with the other, and yeah his jacked up forehead could've used any word outside of "deflated." How delibrate.

Even if it were a Tom Brady roast, bringing up some crap like Deflategate, something that effects Brady personally is as backwards as the trailer park his old racist daddy was born in. Lets say my friend was accused of child molestation and he was completely innocent, but found guilty anyway. Would you find it appropriate to tell a "he like widdle kiddies" jokes at his roast?

I know the issues aren't comparable, but there is a thing called tact and respect. Giving HGHeyton Manning a pass for the sake of subjectivity is ludicrous. If you want to call it karma after Brady laid waste to Manning's career longevity, then fine. I'll still give Brady more props for being PRIVATE about Manning's suckage and ending career. I can't wait till Brady roasts Affleck he should have a good joke about HGH and 'roids, or weak arms.

You're embarrassing yourself over a joke at a roast.

Please bring that defamation lawsuit Tom.

This cheating narrative is now accepted as fact.
It always has been, since Goodell's discipline in '07.
Partially due to jealousy of Pats' winning.
Partially due to BB's unpopularity in the media.
Partially due to perceived arrogance which of course never existed.

The very day after Brady's press conference after the allegations, more than half the guys at my work said flatly, "He's lying. He's guilty." And none of them are named Felger.

I think Manning's no different than anyone else who's brainwashed.

As always, I see zero difference in this from people believing there were Japanese-American spies here in 1942, or that black people are inferior and/or some kind of threat due to the color of their skin.

Ya....everything's fair game at a roast. Still, as a lot of people make fun of themselves, I'm sure Peyton didn't have the balls to make jokes about sexual assault settlements or wives that take hgh.

Exactly! Nice reply, Deus Irae. Great example of the many excellent roasts that Dean Martin produced. Good times!
In the context of the reality that Brady is really sitting out four games, roast or no roast the attempted joke is inappropriate. It's like joking about Jimmy V.'s cancer at his final appearance at the Espy's. It's not funny, unless you believe he's guilty.

Jimmy V..........something in common with Pat Patriot....(sorry all)

Ya....everything's fair game at a roast. Still, as a lot of people make fun of themselves, I'm sure Peyton didn't have the balls to make jokes about sexual assault settlements or wives that take hgh.
I don't remember anyone saying, "Hey, John Wayne, you're gonna die of cancer!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Headed for that final sunset, ay Duke?"

Screw Peyton and his stupid bathrobes. Yup, I'm shallow, and bitter. ... but I'm honest. I'm just sick of seeing his face on every other commercial. And I could care less who thinks otherwise. He's an overrated, blowhard.

Rob Lowe is friends with Colts owner Jim Irsay and Lowe is a Colts fan. Lowe tweeted about Peytons retirement but it turned out that Peyton wasn't retiring but no longer a Colt. That's the back story. Manning's joke has turned into Media click bait.

Manning said previously that he and Brady are friends. Well Manning and Brady are friends, like Kraft and Goodell were friends before Goodell drove a knife in Kraft's back. A true friend would have said about Deflategate, if Tom says he is innocent then I believe him, instead he now makes Deflategate jokes.

The guy literally thanked yall in his retirement speech. Just saying.
I already miss the Peyton and Brady matchup this year. If you are a fan of football, you gotta love and respect that.

I took that more as him getting a laugh out of reporters based on the Patriots and their fan's reputations.. sort of like a "Yea and I guess I'll thank the Pats fans too.. even though we know how obnoxious they are! AMIRITE!?!?!" sort of way for a laugh, which he got

Where did I embarass myself? I'm simply debating an issue or stating a claim that does not agree with yours and I've provided some valid reasons for that.

Don't worry, Deus thinks that anyone who disagrees with him is embarrassing themselvss

Last edited:
dont-care_zpsczeaio4b.gif
I get it, but in justice is injustice.

It was seventy-four years ago, that thousands of innocent, loyal American citizens had all their property, possessions, homes, livelihoods, money, savings, rights and lives stolen by the government, and then were rounded up and carted off to concentration camps in the dust bowl, and then after years there were given a piece of paper requesting they renounce allegiance to some foreign emperor whom they never pledged anything to in the first place.

Now, people later liked to attribute this to "war hysteria", which is ********.

It was 100% racism, and/or bigotry, with zero justification.

I will never accept this, whether it happened 200 years ago or, in Brady's case, today.

Let me help you out: No, it's not just about sports, or celebrities, or the wealthy.

If Tom played for any other team, yup, including my despised Giants, I would stand for the same.

In fact, I've spent my whole life advocating for and not discriminating against women, nonwhites and individual athletes on opposing teams.

i find it weird pats fans have such disdain for peyton, considering he thanked patriots fans in his retirement speech.

See below, and take note of his utmost disdain for taking responcibility.

The only reason I take any issue (and it is minimal), is after Brady's private emails were leaked, including the bit about 5head being all done, I believe it was reported Brady apologized to 5head. And now that blame bus feeding (oline sucked after a loss, idiot kicker, etc), trainer tea bagging, wife "fall guying," big game choke artist is taking a shot at the guy who has upstaged him time and again over his now finished career. That dbag probably thinks his neighbor let air out of his tires whenever he gets in his car on a cold morning.

The fact that he said this joke doesn't really bother me, but it is kind of tactless of Manning given the timing...

- You have Brady about to start serving his 4 game suspension for something he was innocent of, after being sketchily railroaded by the NFL the entire way.
- You have Manning coming off a SB victory with a defense that carried his useless body to another title.
- Manning was recently "cleared" by the NFL of a super sketchy HGH report that made Manning look as guilty as ever.. with the NFL doing it privately behind the scenes with zero transparency or leaks.

Then Manning goes and uses his time on a Comedy Central Roast of Rob Lowe, with Brady not attending, and decides it would be funny to make a lame joke that continues to perpetuate the lie that the NFL has been selling

Its not a big deal at all, it just reminds me what a ****ing sellout Manning is

I took that more as him getting a laugh out of reporters based on the Patriots and their fan's reputations.. sort of like a "Yea and I guess I'll thank the Pats fans too.. even though we know how obnoxious they are! AMIRITE!?!?!" sort of way for a laugh, which he got
You know, like Brett, Peyton's not the brightest bulb in the bunch...but in his heart he respects the Pats, just like I always liked Coughlin and Eli.

I think he even might regret saying it. Doubt he wrote it himself.

Nobody's perfect. Even Bill Russell, after being badgered by an inquisitor years after he retired, lost his cool when talking about Wilt.

Fortunately, later Bill was able to apologize personally, and genuinely, to his friend.

I mean yeah it was a joke but, still pretty weak for Pedton to contribute to that stupidity when Brady is allegedly his buddy.

Screw Peyton and his stupid bathrobes. Yup, I'm shallow, and bitter. ... but I'm honest. I'm just sick of seeing his face on every other commercial. And I could care less who thinks otherwise. He's an overrated, blowhard.
But, I don't know that it's his fault any more than Favre's...He gets invites to do stuff and get paid for it, and he has a good personality. And neither he nor Brett were ever trained to deal with celebrity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes