PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

rumor: Peyton Manning to announce retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to see this on PerezHilton.com before I believe it.

Judd Nelson needs to confirm it before I take it seriously

Hes too goofy.

Mare Winningham always struck me as the most serious "Brat Pack-er"

Let's wait for her tweet before believing if the news is true. :D

Amen to all of the above.....this guy has nothing left to prove if he indeed decides to retire....which I hope he does FOR HIS HEALTH AND FUTURE. From what it sounds like, his neck is toast (not the best medical terminology here but). A few HARD hits could possibly paralyze PM....not something to risk. He is still waiting for some nerve regeneration to gain full strength back in his THROWING arm from what I have read online.....do you really want to jeapordize your health, future and time with kids and family for FOOTBALL? I hated "Manning the Player" all those years that Brady faced off with him.....but I respected him as one of the greatest QB's of all time.....and I respect him as a person. (He does do goofy ***** commercials though). I know he will have a great future outside of football....and think his best option is to retire from playing.

PM already has more money than god.

He has a wife that loves him

He has two very small children

He has had 3 neck surgeries

His standing in Indy and in NFL history is secure

He has MVPs and a Super Bowl.

He has nothing left to prove.

He is looking at a rebuilding situation in Indy.

Other than playing because he loves it, retiring makes a lot of sense to me.

That would be my own damn fault.

Order of events:

Bride calls parents.
Groom calls parents.
Then friends are notified.

I do know of some grandparents who found out third party, but I blame the mom for this. She told everyone she works with she was pregnant, but decided to wait a month to tell her own parents. #stupid.

What if your friend was at <insert event> that you proposed to your future wife at? How about if you confided in them that you were going to propose and asked for their help planning?

It really doesn't matter how the friend found out, the point is, the friend would be a major d!ck if the first thing they did was call your parents to tell them.

PM is moving on, its just a matter of when the announcement will be made. He has made his money and left his mark in the NFL. I believe the Colts already knew that Manning is done, hence the bad record and number one pick. New coaching staff, already fired the coach, new QB, new system and maybe PM works with the coaches just to prepare the new QB. He's done as player player for Indy but it doesn't mean he won't stay behind. His father even mentioned he loves Indy.Glad to know that Indy will be away for a couple years as a contender. Lets start the dynasty one more time with Brady at the helm, :rocker:.

Are you living in a society I know nothing of?

Actually, he's correct. What people do in today's world doesn't make what is unacceptable, acceptable.

If you & I were buddies and you told everyone something I told you in confidence, you'd be an A_H...no 2 ways about it.

Same principle applies to all....famous or not.

But we may never know the circumstances of Lowe and Peyton...but the point stands.

Last edited:
Lowe pictured with the Irsay family two years ago in Super Bowl week:

immersive.jpg

The Indianapolis Star | Talk of Our Town: Jim Irsay's Pre Super Bowl Party

You can't fool me! I recognize that still from Deliverance.

Actually, he's correct. What people do in today's world doesn't make what is unacceptable, acceptable.

If you & I were buddies and you told everyone something I told you in confidence, you'd be an A_H...no 2 ways about it.

But we may never know the circumstances of Lowe and Peyton...but the point stands.

that's pretty black and white...for example,Kim Kardashian tells her sister something in confidence...the next thing you know there's a nine episode mini-reality series on cable....we live in the Age Of Narcissism...it is unacceptable to me, for example, to have a video of a man falling down forty flights of concrete stairs only to be run over by a truck as he staggers into the street...but that video went viral with millions of hits within hours.

1.) You don't know if anything was told in confidence.

2.) People today don't think many things said to them have to stay private.

3.) This is not new.

There's a reason behind the saying "Three can keep a secret, if two of them are dead".

I literally have secret footage of Rob Lowe training in Pawnee, IN to be the Colts next QB...

tumblr_lr4gegZk8X1qdi5c7o1_500.gif

edit: looks like this was BS

but what is Rob Lowe thinking? Why would you pre empt PM's announcement with a twitter comment. Bad form.

Last edited:
I am so happy I root for this team and not....that team.

Maybe he couldn't get anybody to accept an offer as coach or GM until lately just because they all insisted that he give up twitter.

EMBARRASSING

I can't believe Irsay tweeted that... seriously embarrassing.

I made the mistake of reading more of his feed. It's par for the course.

I hope it's true, so the irsay team will fade into Bolivia.

Even if this was a joke, I have no doubt it will happen. Since I found out about the third surgery I always thought that he's not coming back. I will be extremely surprised if he plays again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes