PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Congratulations to Mr. Peyton Manning on winning this seasons MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

thenepatsrule

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We are only 8 games into the season and the MVP has already been decided i.e Peyton Manning. These days no matter which sports show you listen to everybody seems to have already crowned Peyton as the MVP......... I mean he is a great QB blah blah blah but crowning the MVP 8 games into the season ????

Peter king had made up his mind on the MVP the day Peyton signed with the Broncos
Saint Dungy .... well he will call Peyton the MVP even after Peyton retires

Two people whom i have not heard call Peyton this years MVP are Rob 'Packer' who in my humble opinion is the worst sports writer/host ever. As per him the only MVP is Rodgers.And the other person is Skip "Tebow" Bayless.

The Broncos have a great team this year no doubt, Their defense is one of the best in the NFL their defense is playing at the same level they did with Tebow at the helm. So far they have beaten the Steelers,Raiders,Chargers and Saints.

Lets face it other than the Steelers none of the teams they have beaten are even going to end up with a winning record this year. The Broncos got their collective asses kicked by the Texans,Falcons and the Pats.

I find it surprising that when Peyton has been less spectacular than Eli,Matt Ryan and Adrian Peterson how is he the unanimous MVP ?:mad:

Last edited:
Peyton and Rodgers have both been spectacular, as has been Brady. They are all MVP candidates. I will bring up this table again to show how many QBs are playing at a tremendous level right now:

13918085.png

Last edited:
Official Patriots Football Weekly Blog | ESPN experts’ predictions

All of the experts, save for apparently green-blooded former Jets defensive lineman Hugh Douglas, predicts the Patriots will win the AFC East. Douglas not only has New York taking the division title, he’s the only guy forecasting the Jets to go to the Super Bowl. He also chose Mark Sanchez as his NFL MVP, if you can believe it.

How is Mark "NFL MVP" Sanchez doin'?

Not only are the Jets fans brain dead, so are the former Jets players.

I don't understand why Patriots fans get so up in arms about the MVP every year. The formula used to decide it is very simple, and it is available to all to see the metric themselves:

nfl-mvp-flowchart.png

And we will knock off the MVP in the playoffs. Just like old times.

Brady is absolutely in the MVP race, but as last year proved, yardage is not as important as TD-INT ratio, and comp% being next in line. Brees broke the single season yardage record and Rodgers was the obvious MVP with an absurd 45-6 and a 68.3% comp.

Brady is going to have to tear it up to win it this season, because there are several other guys who are putting up all of the better ratios that the voters prefer.

Brady is absolutely in the MVP race, but as last year proved, yardage is not as important as TD-INT ratio, and comp% being next in line. Brees broke the single season yardage record and Rodgers was the obvious MVP with an absurd 45-6 and a 68.3% comp.

Brady is going to have to tear it up to win it this season, because there are several other guys who are putting up all of the better ratios that the voters prefer.

A few more 40- and 50-burgers should help. ;)

If the NFL has any sort of decency, JJ Watt should be leading everyone's ballet at this point of the season.

If the NFL has any sort of decency, JJ Watt should be leading everyone's ballet at this point of the season.

If you look at the players excellence at his individual position then he is absolutely worth it but that's why we have the DPOY award.

I'd be surprised if the MVP doesn't end up in the hands of a QB once again. However good JJ Watt is he doesn't compare to the elite QBs in value and determining wins.

Right now it has to go to Ryan - undefeated and great numbers.

If we didn't drop those early games Brady would be the leading candidate right now.

Couldn't agree more.

The outstanding player in the NFL presently

Focusing on Brady v Manning for a minute and I agree, there are many other good candidates but ... let's face it, it's Manning against anyone else; and TFB is our guy:

What about the argument we heard all those years when the Pats/Brady had a strong D and the Colts/Manning didn't? "Brady has that defense to help him win; Manning does it all by himself." Remember the question: which team would be worse without that player?

Let's not forget this D got Denver to the play-offs last year with TIM TEBOW as quarterback. You know, the guy who can't take snaps away from Mark Sanchez? I just don't want to see these media guys getting misty-eyed over Manning "leading the Broncos to the playoffs."

Last edited:

I never knew he danced. :D

Last edited:
Ryan goes 16-0, he's MVP
There, he's cursed now

Peyton should be a shoe-in for Comeback Player of the Year, but the MVP as of right now should either go to his little brother or Matt Ryan. Of course, plenty of things could change throughout the course of the season.

I'll gladly cheer Manning, Rogers, or Ryan when they take home the MVP.....juat as long as I get to see Tom Brady lifting the Lombardi in February. If I can see that, who cares about an MVP trophy. I know Tom won't.

Peyton should be a shoe-in for Comeback Player of the Year, but the MVP as of right now should either go to his little brother or Matt Ryan. Of course, plenty of things could change throughout the course of the season.

Nah he should get both and DPOY.

As good as Watt is, it's pretty much impossible for a defensive player to have the kind of impact a quarterback has. Don't think Brady will win it because pats are running the ball so much he won't get as many TDs as the rest of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back