PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

rumor: Peyton Manning to announce retirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction over at the Colts forum....

Panic%20attacks%20Treatment%201.jpg

Doubt it. Luck is their starter next year regardless.

considering that twitter accounts are often hacked, though, I think we have to guess that this is likely not true
Somebody hacked Rob Lowe's twitter account and decided that the best they could do with it was spread a rumor than Manning might be retiring?

What kind of idiotic 'friend' would tweet something like that?

he'll just come out of retirement next year after camp to sign with somebody else in his division to get revenge on the colts.

Kool-Aid Larry? :confused:

Why would he announce it right now? That makes no sense to me.

I'm leading toward hacker at the moment.

Remember in the NBA when David Robinson got hurt and the San Antonio Spurs got the First Pick and selected Tim Duncan. Some Teams are just lucky like that. I would be somewhat strange seing Indy without a QB. The Pats should go after Pierre Garson in FA...he's the WR's we have been looking for.

My post was intended to be a pun on a particlular college QBs last name, more than actual analysis.

What kind of idiotic 'friend' would tweet something like that?

If he's retiring, he's retiring. There's no harm in someone tweeting it.

IF this is true, I think it is the right thing for Manning to do. He doesn't need to put his health and well being in jeopardy to continue playing. Plus, IF this is true, you have to wonder if the firing of Caldwell and the release of the Polian's played into his decision.

Or the other way around. The Colts might have moved aggressively into a post-Manning era because they knew or projected that they were going there anyway.

My god..really makes you wonder about how fast a guys career can come to an end...even somebody like #18. Just last year i thought he'd play atleast for another 5 years. Never really thought anything was wrong with him.

Ran the Rob Lowe Peyton Manning tweet past Manning's agent, Tom Condon, a little while ago. Was first he'd heard of it and said if Manning was retiring it was news to him. I told Tom I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last call he got on this topic

Twitter

Obviously, this isn't proof that Lowe's sources are wrong, but take all tweets for what you think they're worth....

Goober's dad also denied it.

@JasonLaCanfora
Jason La Canfora
Ran the Rob Lowe Peyton Manning tweet past Manning's agent, Tom Condon, a little while ago. Was first he'd heard of it and said if ...

Manning was retiring it was news to him. I told Tom I had a feeling this wouldn't be the last call he got on this topic
8 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Ok, they're good friends, but is it something we think he'd run by Rob Lowe before his agent? The fact that his agent knows nothing ...Lowe would have to be tweeting this while Peyton is telling him.

Last edited:
Nothing yet on the Jim Irsay twitter feed. He tweets a lot, so I would expect some sort of denial soon, if a denial is warranted:

Twitter

My understanding is that the Colts were for sure going to let him go or trade him and draft Luck (or trade down for a bevy of rebuilding picks). That was part of the reason for Irsay cleaning house. The new guys get a #1 draft pick and a fresh start.

Now, if that is true (and I think it is) and knowing what I know of Peyton, I'd believe he'll retire before he'd be traded to the Jets or some other desperate team. I don't think he wants to play anywhere else, and I don't think he wants to milk the twilight of his career being a journeyman QB like so many before him have done.

He's won everything to win in the NFL, he's got more money then he'll every spend, and he's a good long career filled with success. Why risk your health any longer?

Nothing yet on the Jim Irsay twitter feed. He tweets a lot, so I would expect some sort of denial soon, if a denial is warranted:

Twitter

Irsay's not trustworthy, as the Caserio incident demonstrated.

“@mortreport: Archie Manning laughed when he heard @RobLowe said Peyton will retire, *"Noooo...he ain't retiring. I think he would've told me." #NFL32”

Gotta think this is BS if Archie doesn't know!

Last edited:
“@mortreport: Archie Manning laughed when he heard @RobLowe said Peyton will retire, *"Noooo...he ain't retiring. I think he would've told me." #NFL32”

mort practically camps at manning's feet. he should know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back