PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2) if we could get a 3rd round comp pick AND have Moss play out the rest of the season, then how in the world is getting a 3rd round pick and losing moss a good thing or even a close to ok thing?

As much as I hate to quote somebody in an initial post on a board, this.

I'm all for putting a positive spin on things, but unless there is something significant about this we don't know (which, it being a rumored trade in the NFL, there almost certainly is), I can't see how this is something to be even remotely pleased about.

Breaking news on ESPN now (trade "close to" happening), but screw it, I'm still not going to believe it until it happens. Doesn't make sense. Especially for a third round pick, wtf? That's what we'd get for comp value even if we don't trade him

Last edited:
Is Hernandez good enough to convert him into an outside receiver and take Moss's job?

Im very very not f'in happy right now

Jay Glazer said:
Just to update, sides still working this, have been working it. Could end up makin the deal eve w out a new contract for moss if it comes down to it. They've been crankin on it

Yep, it's over.:(

I want the ******* house. Im so pissed! It better be somebody to contribute this year!

Maybe Price is coming along (obviously not to a Moss level, but to a good level). He missed a lot of time with his school obligations so maybe he's catching up enough to be a viable option in a more varied attack.

It just feels like this trade has to happen. Randy is restless, wants to go home and play with Favre, and Pats are pretty ice when it comes to protecting their future.

I don't tweet so I don't know what a direct message is, whatever, but SD wanted a #2 and #3 for Vincent Jackson, I'd love to trade our 2 & 3 for him, assuming he signed long term, then recoup the #2 from Minnesota for Moss. The long term "Randy Replacement" issue would be solved and we'd still have the two #1s to use on defense.

That would be a good move. However, it would take Jackson time to learn our offense. I'd rather pull the trigger on that trade in the offseason.

I am so disappointed right now I can't even string together a decent post.

:(

I sincerely hope this is just a smokescreen.

What about Moss for Sydney Rice?

As much as I hate to quote somebody in an initial post on a board, this.

I'm all for putting a positive spin on things, but unless there is something significant about this we don't know (which, it being a rumored trade in the NFL, there almost certainly is), I can't see how this is something to be even remotely pleased about.

Breer says the difference is getting a 2011 instead of 2012. Accelerates development/reloading. WHich doesn't strike me as an extremely exciting difference.

Say it ain't so, Joe.
Doe this mean I have to change my moniker?
In all seriousness, I do think the Pats are a better team. in total, without Randy.
Sad, but true. He's lost a few steps and the time is right to pull the rip chord for both he and us. I would pray we get Edwards in return. VJax would be another fantasy scenario that I doubt will come to fruition.
"It's not personal, it's just business".

Some posters have discussed a trade for another player, or somehow involving Vincent Jackson, but this rarely happens.

The likely scenario, if that trade gets pulled off is that we send Moss to Vikings for a 2nd or 3rd round pick plus late round pick and then turn around and trade that to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson plus change.

But this is assuming a few things- including the Chargers being willing to trade their best WR to a AFC rival.

There's more to this for sure; whether or not it's Vjax who knows but it's hard to believe a trade of this magnitude will be as simple and straightforward as it seems so far. There's gotta be more in it for us than a 3rd round pick. If Moss wanted out after week 1 then BB's had a plan B ever since and his plans can be pretty convoluted.

BB can wheel and deal pretty well. :cool:

This could be a classic belichick move, trading a guy in his last yr under contract that he has no intention of re-signing, hence getting "value". (see Seymour, Maroney)

Just saying....it makes sense. Hurts us this year but improves us long term......

--FRITZ

this is f***ing bull**it,

it would leave us with one proven WR, and u KNOW thats not gonna happen

whoever is starting this sh*t really needs to get over himself

it is on ESPN...Vikings and Moss working on an extension.

I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but the vikings did make a trade this morning sending Mitchell to the Browns, essentially opening up a roster spot.

This feeling is similar to the one I had when the Pats released Milloy...and this hasn't even officially happened yet. But it's a physically ill feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe