PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone bring me up to speed on Ray Edwards...seen his name thrown about a few times in this thread

thanks

edit: greenway too...appreciate it

Last edited:
screw espn....if nfl.com puts something about it up, then ill care

espn is just reporting the fox news report

This feeling is similar to the one I had when the Pats released Milloy...and this hasn't even officially happened yet. But it's a physically ill feeling.

I remember having that same feeling but we did win the Super Bowl that year...

The Chargers trade demands for Jackson was supposedly a 2011 2nd rounder and a 2012 3rd rounder.

It's felt that was on the high side for a one year rental but if Jackson agreed to a long-term contract the Pats could certainly give that up.

They've got enough 2nd round picks next year and heck - we know what often happens with Patriots 2nd round draft picks anyways... better to use them on a proven player that would be the most highly sought after WR by far if he were on the open market.

I've yet to see even a hint of Jackson playing a role in the Moss trade anywhere credible yet but it sure would make sense.

Of course it would also make sense if Moss' agent helped spark these rumors to see if he could generate interest too.

Last edited:
Everyone talks about Moss being MIA because he is double teamed, he is a decoy, etc etc. Funny, I never remember Jerry Rice disappearing like that.

I think this decoy thing is overplayed.

The problem with continually trading for the future is that Brady's future is finite adn the team should do everything they can to win now with Brady. They got lucky drafting him late and finding a franchise QB is very hard to repeat.

x5xpoo.jpg

Report: New England Patriots talking to Minnesota Vikings about Randy Moss trade - ESPN Boston

It's being reported as legitimate story on ESPN.

If we don't get ANY impact-NOW players from this trade I will ******* jump out my window. People wanting to be more like the 2003 team? WE DON'T ******* HAVE A 2003 DEFENSE. WE HAVE A TOP 10 BAD DEFENSE. YOU THINK TRADING OUR BEST ******* RECEIVER WILL MAKE THE TEAM BETTER? IF THE 2003/2004 TEAMS HAD THIS OFFENSE WE'D HAVE GONE 38-0 THOSE TWO YEARS.

This is insane, absolutely insane.

We won a SB that year.

Thanks in large part to the Patriots having the best defense in the NFL. Encouraging as last night's victory was, I'd say this year's defense lags far, FAR behind that '03 team.

Ian Rapoport of the Boston Herald later tweeted: "After Week 1, Randy Moss had his agent Joel Segal call Bill Belichick and ask for a trade, The Herald's Karen Guregian has learned."

^^^^do we know if the above is true???

sure didnt sound like something Randy would want listening to him lately

"Tom Brady has an infection and his 2009 season in jeopardy". Tom E. Curran.

Grain of salt.

I know, I know...he did have an infection tho..so he was 1/2 right :)

. I don't put any stock in one reporter over another..Just another source of unreliable info....

If Moss did ask for a trade after week 1, you have to question how the year will proceed if he doesnt get traded

That's just stupid. Even without Moss, this receiving corps (including TEs) is more talented than any of the ones that BB won a Superbowl with. By a lot.

And the defense is SIGNIFICANTLY worse. So your point would thus be...?

Place me firmly in the do not want camp. Randy Moss takes the top off of defenses. He's such a deep threat that it opens everything up underneath for Welker, Hernandez, etc.

Losing him brings safeties that much closer, shrinking the room to operate for receivers.

x5xpoo.jpg

Report: New England Patriots talking to Minnesota Vikings about Randy Moss trade - ESPN Boston

If we don't get ANY impact-NOW players from this trade I will ******* jump out my window. People wanting to be more like the 2003 team? WE DON'T ******* HAVE A 2003 DEFENSE. WE HAVE A TOP 10 BAD DEFENSE. YOU THINK TRADING OUR BEST ******* RECEIVER WILL MAKE THE TEAM BETTER? IF THE 2003/2004 TEAMS HAD THIS OFFENSE WE'D HAVE GONE 38-0 THOSE TWO YEARS.

Brick.jpg

If Randy wants out, for whatever reason, that this is for the best.

Randy will not likely get his big contract here anyway, at least not before the season ends. This means he will find a way to be a distraction at some point when we least need it.

Secondly, Brady has gotten sloppier as a QB (in my opinion) ever since 2007. Maybe not statistically, but his reads have gotten a little too fixated for my taste.

We won ALL our superbowls without Moss, and the group of WR/TEs we have now need more reps than they are getting with Moss around.

x5xpoo.jpg

You're going to jump out your window and be back first thing tomorrow.

lets just wait until this whole thing unfolds before we "jump out windows". We need to see what we get for picks and what players we end up signing etc.

everyone chill until this is over. I am sure BB has a plan.

Thanks in large part to the Patriots having the best defense in the NFL. Encouraging as last night's victory was, I'd say this year's defense lags far, FAR behind that '03 team.

Was it the best defense in week 4 that year? Give it time, takes a while to get everything to gel, especially with young guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents