PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, I wish the best for Randy. As others have said, he wanted a trade after week 1 so maybe its just time.

It is what it is and as fans we are powerless to do anything but ask questions.

This is a piss-poor job on the Patriots part. I have a hard time believing Moss didn't express his want for a new contract in the offseason and probably before the season started. We should have signed Boldin.

I would rather have Toby Gerart than a 3rd round pick.

Why? Gerhart hasn't been that great this year, and it's not like the Patriots running game has been hurting.

I agree. It wouldn't be surprising if a deal is done with SD for Jackson.

There is no way Jackson is coming here...even if we trade for him..doesn't he have to sit out until week 6?

Some posters have discussed a trade for another player, or somehow involving Vincent Jackson, but this rarely happens.

The likely scenario, if that trade gets pulled off is that we send Moss to Vikings for a 2nd or 3rd round pick plus late round pick and then turn around and trade that to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson plus change.

But this is assuming a few things- including the Chargers being willing to trade their best WR to a AFC rival.

Does anyone know where the 3rd round pick rumor started?

Actually it is just a rental. Pats are going to trade him to the Vikings and then a week later the Viking will trade him back.

It is at Moss's request who want to face Revis three times during the regular season.

warriors.gif

I am not sure of the rules regarding a potential trade for Vincent Jackson, but are we still able to trade for him, and is he eligible to play this season if yes? I just don't see the Pats not having a plan to bring in some other WR.

Seems like this is real to me.

Brady didnt even LOOK at Moss yesterday. Clearly they were trying to see how things would work out without involving Moss in a game.

Then, they do this right before a bye week, so that they have time to make adjustments.

Guys, this is for real. Moss will never play another game for us.

Could also be that Moss pulled some BS during the week to try to force a trade... if Moss were going to be a Good Boy this season the Pats would obviously keep him through the contract since Moss has a huge incentive.

Instead Moss - wisely in my opinion - would want to force a trade and get paid now as a 33 year old rather than finish his contract and enter free agency after a lockout in 2012 at the age of 35.

Smart - even though it sux.... hopefully we're working a trade for Vincent Jackson - younger and a better deep threat than Moss.

There is no way Jackson is coming here...even if we trade for him..doesn't he have to sit out until week 6?

Which is the week after next. (Pats Bye)

I'd love to see Moss go to the Vikes and watch him and Favre go down in flames. Bwahaha.

Everyone thought we were done when the following players left as well:

Drew Bledsoe
Ty Law
Lawyer Milloy
Damien Woody
Adam Vinatieri
Deion Branch
Corey Dillon
David Givens
Eugene Wilson
Willie McGinest
Richard Seymour
Mike Vrabel
Asante Samuel
Ellis Hobbs
Matt Cassel

It's the same thing every year. I'm surprised no one is used to it by now.

JasonLaCanfora said:
Pats clearly need to score big to win with that D and run game. Can't imagine them w/o a legit outside threat. Then its all Welker and TEs

Have to agree with LaCanfora. Unless all the passes to Tate last night were a primer?

If Moss does leave, Hernandez and Welker are two guys we can count on. Tate would need to pull through tho.

If Moss goes it gives most teams an extra defender to cover the likes of Hernandez and Welker. Like Moss has to be double covered by most teams.

I would be surprised if a third team doesn't get involved...(or at least the rumor of such)

optimist angle:

This has to be Favre's last year. the Vikings are surely desperate to get him a weapon after the way this season has started for them. Given that, I would expect the compensation to be SUBSTANTIAL, no?

Curran is also now reporting the rumor. He's saying it would be for a 3rd round pick.

Unless they also have something brewing with the Chargers for Vincent Jackson, it just makes absolutely no sense to me.

Unless the Pats plan on replacing Moss with Jackson, I don't see any way this could end up being a good trade.
Oh my. My oh my. I wonder if the fast development of Hernandez has brought on this potential trade.

I've wanted V-Jax for a while. He'd compliment the Pats O well and we have the picks to play with.

That's inane ... without knowledge of his multiple year plan it's inane to even think.
You forget IcyPatriot.. he's the authority on everything and is always right :rolleyes:.

Last edited:
Instead Moss - wisely in my opinion - would want to force a trade and get paid now as a 33 year old rather than finish his contract and enter free agency after a lockout in 2012 at the age of 35.

Very interesting angle... I just hope either Tate is the next coming, or we can get Vincent Jackson.

Some posters have discussed a trade for another player, or somehow involving Vincent Jackson, but this rarely happens.

The likely scenario, if that trade gets pulled off is that we send Moss to Vikings for a 2nd or 3rd round pick plus late round pick and then turn around and trade that to the Chargers for Vincent Jackson plus change.

But this is assuming a few things- including the Chargers being willing to trade their best WR to a AFC rival.

At least we're not division rivals. If Randy is traded then acquiring Jackson would more than ease the pain. Let's just hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes