PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rumor: Moss to Vikings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glazer reporting deal close to done

It is pending an agreeable contract between Randy and the Vikings that is close to market value and is for more than just one year.

This is in tune with Moss firing his old agent prior to the start of the season.

Sounds like Moss has stated that he wants out. There is not much blame here for BB. A contract extension was not coming. If we get a 3rd for moss and can get a younger receiver like VJ for a 2nd, I say do it. I dont know if SD will let him go to an AFC challenger though.

Man I hope this does not happen. Moss going deep is somthing defenses have to account for and that opens up our other receivers. We have no one else that is like him. It would be a big blow to our Offense.

I don't necessarily mind the idea of trading Moss, but I don't think a 3rd rounder is acceptable compensation. I'd rather keep Moss and let him walk in 2011, unless he is forcing BB's hand for the trade.

So much for all the bull**** talk about what a great team player/leader he is. Honor your damn contract you f'ing cry baby.

[size=+8]I'M BACK!!!![/size]

ChickenLittle_300x298.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't you just say "so be it" because it turns out that Moss wanted a trade? That somehow turns into BB thinking the team can't contend? What?

Well I think Belichick feels this season cant contend, so be it since Moss does not want to be here why keep him... But I think its another shot to the good solider in Tom Brady ...

One drop != Randy Moss has bad hands.

Come on. That was just a dumb thing to say.

I have seen him drop a **** load of passes. What games are you watching?

if the pats could trade seymour last year, then this one is a no brainer if they are getting comparable compensation.

straight up for toby gerhardt and chad greenway

and then bring mankins back

Last edited:
i'm back!!!![/size=8]

chickenlittle_300x298.jpg

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo not him againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I am for this trade if we get something decent. I do not think the chances are high that we have Randy next year, and to get something while we can would be great. I would like to trade Randy for a 3rd and Vincent Jackson; HOWEVER, if we get only a 3rd I would be pissed. We need a player for Randy, not some draft pick that we release in 3 years. It all depends on how desperate Minny is...

I'm not surprised that he wants out. As I've been pointing out Moss made it clear that he wants to be paid NOW - Not wait until he's a free agent - potentially in 2012 - when he'll be age 35.

That's a wise business decision on his part.

Since the Pats have Zero incentive to lock up Moss now, his only option was to push for a trade and get maximum money before the lockout... rather than wait 2 years and take the market value for a 35 year old WR.

I am surprised that the Patriots would cave to his demand. I can't help but think Moss might have been pulling some sh!t this week that prompted a gameplan that saw few balls come his way during the game, which then evolved into this potential trade.

I can't help but wonder if Vincent Jackson's name might eventually pop up as a potential long term replacement for Moss

Last edited:
Rapoport Twitter:

I am told a trade is not "done." I have not been told a trade is not being discussed. So yes, one is being discussed for Moss and the VIkes

Oh god... I want to throw up. If Randy was on any other than than the Pats then I'd welcome him back on the Vikes with open arms. But god no Randy is a great Patriot and I want him to stay a Patriot.

Seems like this is real to me.

Brady didnt even LOOK at Moss yesterday. Clearly they were trying to see how things would work out without involving Moss in a game.

Then, they do this right before a bye week, so that they have time to make adjustments.

Guys, this is for real. Moss will never play another game for us.

this is a good idea IF we trade for Vincent Jackson, who is younger. Going without a deep threat is a colossal mistake. It condemns us this season, and forces us to draft high to replace him...

Well I think Belichick feels this season cant contend, so be it since Moss does not want to be here why keep him... But I think its another shot to the good solider in Tom Brady ...

I guarantee you Brady already knew what was going on, and I also guarantee that BB never thinks he can't contend, let alone when he has the best QB in the biz and all of the talent he has on this team, with or without Moss.

this is a good idea IF we trade for Vincent Jackson, who is younger. Going without a deep threat is a colossal mistake. It condemns us this season, and forces us to draft high to replace him...

I think Tate could very well make a very good deep threat.

If this goes through, this offense should be named Brady and Kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST