PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rob Gronkowski not expected play Sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
so, what i'm gathering is gronk doesn't trust the pats doctors but does trust the redskins doctors who allowed rgIII back in the game after he injured his knee. what ?

Dr andrews had nothing to do with RG3 going on the field too soon. That was redskins team doctors and shanahan. Andrews is merely a consultant for the team, not their actual doctor. At least get your facts straight.

Im telling you they are going to iR is guy at this point.

but, what gets me is can someone explain to me what exactly Dr. Andrews needs to see in these "scans" of gronks forearm to clear him to play? and how much if any can those "scans" change from this Sunday to next?
I would guess "the source" is referring to a bone density scan or possibly an MRI.

I too am frustrated, as many others have expressed, at the length of time this has been taking, taking into account the team's lack of other offensive weapons and consequent struggles to score points, and also am tempted to blame the player or his 'inner circle', At the same time I realize that human bodies are not machines and repairing them is not as simple as taking out the broken parts and putting in new ones. There could still be some abnormalities in the surgically repaired regions. We don't know. It is easy to point fingers but hard to know what the truth is.

Season ending IR is what I am fully expecting at this point. It is what it is.

This is his life, his career. What else is Gronk going to do if he doesn't play football? He already had a back injury which kept him out of an entire year in college. I am sure he is being overly cautious at this point and the fact that (with 20/20 hindsight) that he didn't need to have the surgery to repair his broken forearm is giving him and his family pause for consideration.

The dude has the right, whether we like it or not, to be cautious of his return. If he isn't 100% confident he can go out on to the field and perform without reinjury, how good can he be? He won't be GRONK that's for sure...

I am sure there are many people on this board who played competitive sports while growing up. You know that if you play afraid to get hurt you will get hurt. I am sure he and his family are questioning the Pats decisions, hell the Pats maybe questioning themselves (or at least their doctor) at this point. I would be doing the same thing as BB at this point, let Gronk decide when he can come back. He is only making $630K in base salary this year, that jumps to $3.75M next year. He's also signed through 2019... I would love to see him be able to play out his contract.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmasspatsfan View Post
It should be apparent by now that he won't be out there if there's a risk of re-injury, that is the hold up after all.

Well, I guess his career is over then, since there's always going to be a risk of re-injury. It's friggin' football!

I'm going to assume you guys with these dumb comments are smarter than this. The complications to his broken arm has compromised the ability of his arm to heal, in other words it takes longer for the bone to heal properly and have the proper density to be strong enough to withstand the rigors of NFL games. What may average 8 weeks may take 12 weeks or 14 weeks to properly heal. He's not going to go out there if his arm isn't strong enough and break it again.
If he went out there and broke it again the dumb crowd would be yelling "they let him out too early, blah blah", isn't that what some of you guy's are saying about the re break?

My guess is that Gronk's 100% ready to go, and Belichick is just toying with his former linebackers coach Rob Ryan.

Right behind front row seats at a Bon Jovi concert, Belichick enjoys cutting a Ventrone or watching one of Buddy Ryan's kids lose their mind on game day.

My guess is that Gronk's 100% ready to go, and Belichick is just toying with his former linebackers coach Rob Ryan.

Right behind front row seats at a Bon Jovi concert, Belichick enjoys cutting a Ventrone or watching one of Buddy Ryan's kids lose their mind on game day.

I'm with you. I think we're up for a surprise.

Is Gronk also consulting with Derrick Rose?

They need to IR him to end the suspense. Take the stupid plate out and target next year. No way he plays this year.

according to a new article from the Herald, The pats are "unsure" if he will play or not because Gronkowski hasnt made a decision. also, Dr. Andrews didn't "fully" clear him

At this point, it's getting rediculous. Gronk has to just make a decision and get out there and play. Even if its for limited snaps to east him back in. It almost seems to me its the "derrick rose" effect. no one is 100% in football.

and you have to imagine its frustrating for the players on his team who are out there playing with deep thigh bruises, torn groins, pulled hamstrings to be with Gronk out there on the practice field, then he "doesnt feel like it" when it comes game time.

but, lets see they "dont expect him" because he hasnt told them he was playing. But who knows maybe he does

This isn't a muscle pull. According to reports, it's a bone infection issue. If it doesn't resolve itself, he could eventually be in danger of more surgeries and, in a worse case scenario, an amputation.

Under those circumstances, the "no one is 100%" argument doesn't really apply.

This isn't a muscle pull. According to reports, it's a bone infection issue. If it doesn't resolve itself, he could eventually be in danger of more surgeries and, in a worse case scenario, an amputation.

arent you being abit extreme with the whole "amputation" thing? the infection has healed

arent you being abit extreme with the whole "amputation" thing?

No. I didn't say that amputation was happening next week, or anything like that. I noted it as a longer term possibility, not a likelihood, as it's a rare scenario, and I was just noting how the situation is different from the normal "not 100%" scenario.

the infection has healed

According to reports, the bone has been compromised.

Re: Re: Rob Gronkowski not expected play Sunday

Why would you plan to bring him back based on an arbitrary reason that isn't simply when he is ready he plays?

My thinking is 4-5 weeks will suffice and if he is ready in 1-2 or 3-4 I would still wait until after the bye and give him the extra time ever if its err on the side of caution. There is no super bowl on the line right now, we play in a weak division which we should win handedly, so rushing this kid back seems as stupid as us having Wilfork out there with an injury issue early in the season.

Its just my opinion.

I'm going to assume you guys with these dumb comments are smarter than this. The complications to his broken arm has compromised the ability of his arm to heal, in other words it takes longer for the bone to heal properly and have the proper density to be strong enough to withstand the rigors of NFL games. What may average 8 weeks may take 12 weeks or 14 weeks to properly heal. He's not going to go out there if his arm isn't strong enough and break it again.
If he went out there and broke it again the dumb crowd would be yelling "they let him out too early, blah blah", isn't that what some of you guy's are saying about the re break?

Deus Irae said:
According to reports, it's a bone infection issue. If it doesn't resolve itself, he could eventually be in danger of more surgeries and, in a worse case scenario, an amputation.

If it was that fragile or an infection still existed he wouldn't even be practicing. According to reports, the infection was clear in May and he has been healing ever since. This may be a case that this will be the best it ever gets for him and he will always have the higher risk of breakage. If that is the case he either has to take the risk and play with it or retire. That's certainly isn't an easy decision but still at some point a decision will have to be made.

arent you being abit extreme with the whole "amputation" thing? the infection has healed

James Andrews doesnt have a thing on Dr Doolittle.

Any surprises we get will most likely not be the kind of surprise we want.

No. I didn't say that amputation was happening next week, or anything like that. I noted it as a longer term possibility, not a likelihood, as it's a rare scenario, and I was just noting how the situation is different from the normal "not 100%" scenario.

According to reports, the bone has been compromised.

Did you stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night? Yes, you are exaggerating. In other news, the sky is blue. We have to put up with you pretending to be a football expert, please spare us your medical expertise. Before you ask, I do have a medical degree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes