PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Repeat??

Status
Not open for further replies.
1), but you can never be sure if suddenly the team will stop taking the coaching (like the 2009 Patriots).

2) This year's team had a galvanizing moment . Will next year's team feel the same need to prove themselves,

1. That team had a few headcases on it. There is a different leadership on this team now. I dont see that happening again.

2. YES. They are going to get **** on by the media, former players and all the clowns who will still be calling them cheaters, and saying TB and BBs legacy are tainted and blah blah blah. People will still hate us and it will fuel the team.

I predict that whatever I predict will be wrong. I predict that Bill will continue to value defense and the trenches in his draft picks and free agency moves. I predict that the "balanced attack" will be the key to this team again next year. I predict that they will win 12 games in the regular season, and then whoever's hot and healthy will advance.

I predict that Bill will be able to instill "60 minutes = win" from day 1, continuing from this season. I predict a decline in Brady's numbers, as he relies on the run as appropriate, and as will continue to be more appropriate little by little. I predict that his veteran intelligence and composure trump concerns about numbers - witness the SB. Big numbers by playing small ball. A thousand cuts.

I post-dict that we are, strategically on a multi-season level, on a glide slope away from Brady-reliance (while we are still reliant on him, let's face it, as long as he can not suck.)

But I man-love TFB as much as the next guy if not more, don't get me wrong. It was amazing to see a guy used to having lots of time in the pocket adjust into a 2.5-second passer. If O-line upgrades give him more time, we might see one more big stat season some time. But I don't think we spend big money or a high pick on the much-ballyhoed "downfield threat."

I like where we are now - it might feel like home to BB. ALWAYS be able to sustain a drive, NEVER give up on the outcome, SOMEBODY step up and make the special play. Situational football around the clock. Team mentality. Give up 3s, score 7s.

We've seen 14 years of great football because we've always resisted the "future is now" analysis. I expect us to continue to resist this whenever Brady's "window" begins to close in earnest. I don't think that will be next year :) But I think we're building toward a world without Brady... whether the next guy is Grapes or somebody else. Defense. O-Line. D-Line. Preserve that secondary. Take what the D gives you with the receivers we've turned up, plus or minus a middle-class face in the crowd.

As I said, I predict that everything I have predicted is wrong. That's usually what happens when I try to get inside the head of the BB brain trust. Hey, if they can fool 31 other professional teams, why shouldn't they be able to fool me? :)

Let's just savior this one for a couple days, shall we. This was a quite a journey, I can't even quite put it into words in terms of what this means. I'm not even thinking about next year.
If we feel like this as fans, how does the Pat's front office feel? They have no time to relax before preparing for next year. I heard one BB reference to preparing for a milestone leading up to the draft. We are moving on to 2015, the time to relax is during the Nantucket vaca.

Who in the AFC can match with us next year? Top of my mind are colts, ravens, steelers, and who else?

Hate to say it, but...Bills. They will be playing with the Ryan bounce this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back