PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Repeat??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady_Moss

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I know I might be getting ahead of myself but I just can't help to think that we might actually pull it off, assuming that Revis & McCourty comes back...but with Mayo & Easley coming back next season, along with our fierce defense, we could really be unstoppable!! With the draft to continue to add on as well!! Which brings me to my next point...I think we need and can afford to make a big splash in this upcoming draft...I'm talking, a lights out/big play receiver

I agree, if we can keep the team intact, they will indeed be one of, if not the odds on favorite to win SB 50.

Let's just savior this one for a couple days, shall we. This was a quite a journey, I can't even quite put it into words in terms of what this means. I'm not even thinking about next year.

Was the triple post an accident, or prognostication?

The squirrels have spoken. And so it shall pass. 3-peat

Way too early, but they are a perennial favorite to win the division.

First, they have to assemble the team (FA, draft, trades).
Second, they have to stay healthy (this year we lost Mayo, Ridley, ...)
Third, team has to be hungry for more because without that Super Bowl hangover is real

Nothing would make me happier than running out of space to hang all of the banners at Gillette.

I was groovin with the thread till the "weapons" obsession reared its head.

Second, they have to stay healthy (this year we lost Mayo, Ridley, ...)

They did! Compared to other years this was probably the healthiest squad they ever fielded. I hope they can pull that miracle off again.

One for the Thumb!

I think we have a great chance as long as we keep this group together, and stay healthy like we did this year. Adding Ridley, Mayo, Dobson and Easly back should help us even more. I really want to see us improve our OL and DL though. Really excited to see what the offseason holds. With our strongest contender in the AFC looking like the Ravens again, i think we can get by them as long as we're at home and at full strength. Should make for another good run next year if everything works out in our favor.

Pats have to be the odds on favorite to repeat as AFC champs. As we know, once you get to the Superbowl anything can happen.

Not concerned at WR at all. We need OL and DL in the draft.

Yep, get a mauler on the interior OL and beef up the DL, preferably a DT. The rest is gravy

EDIT: LB may be something to look at too depending on Mayo's situation and whether Hightower/Collins will be able to retain when their rookie contracts run out.

Repeat? Why not?

Keep the key guys (re: Revis, VW and perhaps Vereen) fortify the O-line (I'd like to see an upgrade over Wendy) but with Ridley and Mayo they have as good of a shot as anyone.

I really think they need an inside pass rush but I'm holding out hope that Easley comes back healthy.

Pats currently #2 odds behind Seahawks to win Super Bowl next year.

This will be tough.

Making it to a 5th consecutive AFCCG is difficult in itself. Let alone a 2nd straight SB. You better believe that every single team will be giving us their all next season, and teams that are towards the bottom of the standings will try to beat us with trick plays and other gimmicks.

Personally, with this SB victory I am content with whatever happens next year. 4 SB victories in 14 years is god damn impressive.

However, getting #5 would be spectacular.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Pats have to be the odds on favorite to repeat as AFC champs. As we know, once you get to the Superbowl anything can happen.

But wait.....I've been hearing for 10 years the Jets and Bills are taking over and will win the division :cool: You mean it won't happen next year???

Pats currently #2 odds behind Seahawks to win Super Bowl next year.

SHE-Hawks are done. No Lynch, and Wilson doing off rookie salary. See Niners and Donkeys for examples of how not to plan ahead.

I believe they can. The pressure of this 4th ring wasn't spoken about by Bill, but Kraft and Brady did talk about it a bit. Now that they have broke through and gotten the monkey off their back, I believe 5 will be easier.

Hard to pull this off guys just enjoy the win.

We're going to lose some key guys on defense and potentially offense too: Vereen, Mayo, Revis? Plus injuries etc. They'll be conference favorites but the league changes so much every year, who knows what'll happen.

Just enjoy the fact that they're competitive for the rest of the time we have Brady in the lineup, because we are going to miss him when he's gone, believe that. I'm content with this 4th ring, it makes up for a lot of the heartache of the last few years and there really has been quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots