PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss traded to Patriots for #110 overall pick [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: NFL.com: Raiders agree to send WR Moss to Patriots [merged]

WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOO

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

I am happy. Only a 4th rounder for this guy. Low risk, HIGH reward trade.

Did any of you naysayers read the article in SI about this guy a couple years ago?? I don't think he will be a problem here at all.

Per Mortensen, Moss is running 4.29-4.3 seconds in the 40 this offseason in Boca.

I saw that too. Keyshawn Johnson had mentioned it yesterday.

They said he lost a step. These guys are CRAZY. You don't lose DRAMATIC steps at age 30.

He's not a running back.

HOLY SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TTTTTTTTTT BB GONE WILD!!!! (as someone said on here after the FA spree)

I saw that too. Keyshawn Johnson had mentioned it yesterday.

They said he lost a step. These guys are CRAZY. You don't lose DRAMATIC steps at age 30.

He's not a running back.

Think about this...everyone loved Dillon for a 2nd round pick. I loved Corey Dillon but Randy Moss is one of the most talented players of all time.

My problems with his attitude is effort. Moss has a long history of taking plays off even in the NFC Championship game. His comments about not going to try if no one else does last year, scares me.

The Pats have one of the most complicated playbooks in the NFL and Moss comes from systems where he had some really basic routes to run. I wonder how hard he will work to learn theplaybook and understand the presnap reads.

If Moss acts up, which I doubt he will since he'll finally be in a winning environment, we still have Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Caldwell, and Gaffney. Moss is a gamble that we can afford to take.

i hate reporters..i hate hearing: Patriots are gearing up for Colts because Colts beat them

we arent adding all this talent because Colts...we wouldnt throw money around for 1 team that got lucky and beat us

Salisbury and gang are saying things like, "legalized theft for a 4th round pick", and "favorite to win the Super Bowl" ...I wish he didn't say that.......

If Moss acts up, which I doubt he will since he'll finally be in a winning environment, we still have Stallworth, Welker, Washington, Caldwell, and Gaffney. Moss is a gamble that we can afford to take.

I agree it is a good gamble. I am just not as overjoyed as others. I think at the very least as long as he doesn't act out, he can provide one or two big plays a game. For a fourth rounder in a bad draft, that ain't a bad deal.

I just don't think he will be a 1,400 yard WR again especially in this offense where Brady spreads the ball around and Brady is more of a surgical striker than a gunslinger. I do have some concerns about his effort, health, and effectiveness anymore, but I do agree it is a good risk to take.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

POSTED 11:18 a.m. EDT, April 29, 2007
MOSS-TO-PATS IS DONE!

A league source tells us that Randy Moss has passed his physical and the trade of Randy Moss to the Patriots is done.

Raiders get New England's fourth-round pick.

but it has been three years since he was anything other than an average WR.

Remind me who's been throwing him the ball those three years???

One has to be wary of wide receivers--they are all head cases. They are all primadonnas, and are all selfish--except for the great Troy Brown.

But Moss has not been a serious problem since his college days. Yes he has been immature, and yes he has shown a lazy attitude. But he has also shown himself to respond to mentorship (Cris Carter) and to be, according to reports, a fun teammate (so said the Raiders).

If anything, he may talk too much. I watched an NFL Network game of the week once when he was miked, and he seemed to never shut up, a la James Farrior. Of course, maybe most guys don't shut up, especially when miked...

A 4th rounder? Incredible. The Risk-Reward? awesome. If he really wants to win and be in a winning organization...he is.

The Pats turned the 28th pick into Randy Moss and San Fransisco's #1 next year. Not bad...

Wow, the Pats are going to be really exciting next year. I hope Moss, like Cory Dillon, knows he has a lot to prove and has the talent to prove it. I think Moss, Brady, and BB will work well together. This is great news.

Remind me who's been throwing him the ball those three years???

2004 -Dante Culpepper - 4717 yards, 39 TDs - Moss 767 yards, 8 TDs
2005 - Kerry Collins - 3,759 yards (6th in the NF), 20 TD - Moss 1,005 yards, 8 TDs
2006 - Andrew Walter, Aaron Brooks, and whoever - 2850 yards and 7 TDs - Moss 553 yards, 3 TDs.

So in 2004, Moss was playing with a QB who would have won the league MVP any other year, but didn't because Manning broke Marino's TD record.

In 2005, Kerry Collins was a good, not great QB who gotthe sixth most yards in the league.

Yes, in 2006, he had horrible QBs.

Don't forget that in 1999, he got over 1400 yards and a dozen TDs with Jeff George throwing to him for ten of the 16 games. So the "Who was throwing to him?" arguement is out the window. Moss used to make bad QBs look good.

Wow, the Pats are going to be really exciting next year. I hope Moss, like Cory Dillon, knows he has a lot to prove and has the talent to prove it. I think Moss, Brady, and BB will work well together. This is great news.

At 4th round value, we can immediately cut him if he becomes a problem and still have a good WR corps. Also, I do believe that Moss, now 30, will really work hard to win a championship in NE. There are plenty of reports about Moss being immature, but there are also plenty of reports of him being a really competitive player that just wants to win; hopefully we can help him with that.

Brady has to be jumping up and down. We went from having no WRs capable of stretching the field to every WR that we have, just about, being able to hit a home run on any given play.

At 4th round value, we can immediately cut him if he becomes a problem and still have a good WR corps. Also, I do believe that Moss, now 30, will really work hard to win a championship in NE. There are plenty of reports about Moss being immature, but there are also plenty of reports of him being a really competitive player that just wants to win; hopefully we can help him with that.

Brady has to be jumping up and down. We went from having no WRs capable of stretching the field to every WR that we have, just about, being able to hit a home run on any given play.
Agree with all of it.

How about how much this will help the running game by stretching out the defense? Not to mention the middle game to Brown and the TE's. Getting these guys, Moss especially, opens up everything and gives Maroney more space to run in. This is turning out to be a GREAT draft for New England who end up with two first-rounders yet again next year...amazing!

Agree with all of it.

How about how much this will help the running game by stretching out the defense? Not to mention the middle game to Brown and the TE's. Getting these guys, Moss especially, opens up everything and gives Maroney more space to run in. This is turning out to be a GREAT draft for New England who end up with two first-rounders yet again next year...amazing!

Good point. I said Brady must be jumping up and down, well, Watson and Maroney will have a lot more room now too. Man, I'm pumped to see what this offense is going to do!

Agree with all of it.

Pick your poison on deep threats, Stallworth or Moss. The underneath stuff to Wes Welker, Watson and David Thomas will be WIDE OPEN!!!!

Moss knows he's 30 and this is his last chance for a championship. He has every incentive to behave. This is not Randy Moss's team -- we will get along just fine if we cut him for misconduct. This team is led by Tom Brady. And you never want to piss off the guy throwing the ball to you. LOL

BTW, trading our 28th overall for the 49ers 1st round pick next year and for a pick we used to get Randy Moss is a really good trade.

Do we have any idea what the salary compensation is?
He 'dramatically restructured?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back