PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Randy Moss traded to Patriots for #110 overall pick [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Shefler reporting Moss is a Patriot on NFL.com

ok, just don't let meriweather and moss hang out together

Re: NFL.com: Raiders agree to send WR Moss to Patriots [merged]

I am relieved, if only because we won't have to hear about Moss becoming a Patriot every three days.

Re: NFL.com: Raiders agree to send WR Moss to Patriots

exactley...........but one has to wonder. how many wideouts can they possibly have on a roster.

overview:
1- MOSS
2- STALLWORTH
3- CALDWELL
4- WELKER
5- BROWN
6-WASHINGTON
7- CHILDRESS/KIGHT/JACKSON(later in year)/ETC.

You missed Jabar Gaffney.

I don't think he makes it out of training camp. Both he and Chad Jackson will be cut...

Wow!! :)

Just came up as breaking news on SportsCenter.

Mortensen says it's for the 127th overall pick, which is NOT the 110 pick the Pats got yesterday from the 49ers.

Hopefully it is #127, that would be sweet

For those people who think we are having a weak draft, we are "drafting" merriweather in the 1st, Welker in the 2nd, and Moss in the 4th. Not bad.

I love the Moss deal at reduced money and if the Pats are willing to pull the trigger if he acts out. Downside is a 4th rounder? Check back on 4th rounders and see where they are now and how many have panned out.

I do not think the Pats are likely to be distracted by antics.

The way I see it, if there's a 1/3 chance that he is everything he could be, and a 2/3 chance he's a bust, it's a good deal.

the Herald blog is saying it is #110

I'm stoked.

randy moss is a good player but can he pick up our system and run routes etc. ? unlike most teams our system has given fits to a lot for some reason . We are not a "throw the ball deep and make big plays" team usually and route running is a big factor.

This could be really scarey for defenses around the leauge.....Here to ya coltfans & chargerfans:D :eat3: :eat2:

It has to be 110. The Pats do not need to be that greedy.

OVA!

This offense if it stays healthy is unstoppable. I am sorry, but not even McDaniels can kill this offense.

chris mortenson says 127th pick

I don't think he makes it out of training camp. Both he and Chad Jackson will be cut...

Wow!! :)

Maybe to early to cut Jackson? Maybe PUP for next year?
I think the kid can still play and has too much talent to give up on so quickly. Stallworth and Washington "could" be one year deals.

According to the ESPN bottom draft ticker, Oakland picks 127 and we still have 110.

It is a good pick up for the price as long as he structures, but we can't expect that Moss is that 1400 yard WR anymore. We can kid ourselves and just blame the situation with the Raiders, but it has been three years since he was anything other than an average WR. We didn't get Moss for a late fourth round pick because everyone believes he is still an elite WR who was in a bad situation.

He is a good pick up because we gave up a low fourth rounder in a bad draft to take a risk that he can recapture at least a part of his last glory, but I would be shocked if he got more than 1,000 yards this season especially in our offense where Brady spreads the ball around.

randy moss is a good player but can he pick up our system and run routes etc. ? unlike most teams our system has given fits to a lot for some reason . We are not a "throw the ball deep and make big plays" team usually and route running is a big factor.

They don't throw the ball deep that much because in general they haven't had go deep receivers. I seem to remember an AFC Championship game where Deion Branch had a big early deep TD. They'll go deep. Just because the Pats throw a lot of screen passes doesn't mean that they can't throw it deep.

It is a good pick up for the price as long as he structures, but we can't expect that Moss is that 1400 yard WR anymore. We can kid ourselves and just blame the situation with the Raiders, but it has been three years since he was anything other than an average WR. We didn't get Moss for a late fourth round pick because everyone believes he is still an elite WR who was in a bad situation.

He is a good pick up because we gave up a low fourth rounder in a bad draft to take a risk that he can recapture at least a part of his last glory, but I would be shocked if he got more than 1,000 yards this season especially in our offense where Brady spreads the ball around.

Hopefully Moss has reached the point in his career where he no longer cares about yards and just wants to win. If thats the case then he will be GREAT with us.

Last edited:

Absolutely. The good news is that he doesn't have to be the Moss of old. If he can pull in 700-800 yards and attract away some of the defense's attention, that is a STEAL for a 4th-round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes