PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Rams WR Danny Amendola heading for free agency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Headed on his way to free agency, Danny Amendola tripped over a gum wrapper and dislocated both elbows in a fall....he'll be on the shelf for 4 to 8 weeks...send cards and well wishes to 4135 Icouldabeenthenewelkah Ave, Beaut, Montana...

If Welker doesn't resign then I think DA gets a long hard look from the Pats. Good player.

I watched a Rams game last season just to see what Amendola looked like...there he was...and looking pretty good too...and then...he wasn't there...just...wasn't there anymore....later on I found out he was crippled for the rest of the season...on a play that looked just like any other run of the mill reception....

I watched a Rams game last season just to see what Amendola looked like...there he was...and looking pretty good too...and then...he wasn't there...just...wasn't there anymore....later on I found out he was crippled for the rest of the season...on a play that looked just like any other run of the mill reception....

He's listed as 2 inches taller than Welker, but several pounds lighter. Unless something's changed, that seems like a pretty good recipe for a short career when you're going over the middle.

Think of the myriad "Made of Glass" threads we'd have here if DA became a Patriot

Think of the myriad "Made of Glass" threads we'd have here if DA became a Patriot

yeah...jeez...and now Amendola runs an in and...oh man!...he collides with Ras I Dowling...Mass General has been notified and they're sending two ambulances and a GIANT glass cleanup crew to the Razor.....

Welker doesn't get hurt besides that fluke ACl...DA sneezes and he is out 3 weeks...That's NOT a welker clone....at all

Amendola has had as many serious injuries in his career as Rob Gronkowski (or fewer, if you count the re-breaking of the arm as a separate injury)

Amendola has had the same number of moderate-to-serious injuries as Aaron Hernandez

Guess Gronkowski and Hernandez shouldn't sneeze, they might miss the whole season.

Ridiculous double standard. One guy gets hurt early/mid season and he's fragile and the other guy gets hurt back to back years at the end of the year and nobody (or a rare few) dare to question his durability for next year. I bet most everyone here who are saying Amendola (and Dowling) are good bets to miss big chunks of next year or are made of glass expect 14+ games from Hernandez and Gronkowski.

yeah...jeez...and now Amendola runs an in and...oh man!...he collides with Ras I Dowling...Mass General has been notified and they're sending two ambulances and a GIANT glass cleanup crew to the Razor.....

There'd be crystal and china shards all over the place, and God help us if Hernandez tripped over one of them.

Danny Amendola heading for free agency

There'd be crystal and china shards all over the place, and God help us if Hernandez tripped over one of them.

Josh Barrett went immediately back on IR soon as he saw the whole thing.

If the Patriots extend Welker it's a waste of valuable resources to sign Amendola.

Talented yes but makes Ras I Dowling look like an iron man...no thanks.

BKBroiler addressed this well, IMO. I don't think your perception matches reality.

I'm sure there are some who don't pay attention closely and would say something similar about Gronk..."Injury prone...DO NOT WANT!"

Regards,
Chris

Playing 12 games in 2 years, then dismissing it as injuries that dont count, doesn't quite add up to Cal Ripken, nor the same as a guy who had one season with an injury.

Playing 12 games in 2 years, then dismissing it as injuries that dont count, doesn't quite add up to Cal Ripken, nor the same as a guy who had one season with an injury.

Yeah but Cal Ripken hurt his team by not missing by most accounts Amendola is an asset.

Headed on his way to free agency, Danny Amendola tripped over a gum wrapper and dislocated both elbows in a fall....he'll be on the shelf for 4 to 8 weeks...send cards and well wishes to 4135 Icouldabeenthenewelkah Ave, Beaut, Montana...

You must mean Butt(e), Montana. :D

yep...that butte is a real beaut alright...

If ou look at Amendola's actual injury history, it isn't horrendous.

If we can get a younger Amendola at a cheaper price than Welker, then bring Edelman back at decent value as his backup, I'd settle or that any day.

If ou look at Amendola's actual injury history, it isn't horrendous.

If we can get a younger Amendola at a cheaper price than Welker, then bring Edelman back at decent value as his backup, I'd settle or that any day.

I'm with you in theory but Amendola/ Edelman are made out of glass compared to Welker. No one will care about saved money if they're on the sidelines yet again.

I can see Amendola signing with New England and he would give Josh McDaniels a second opportunity to incorporate him into the offense since he didn't get the chance with St. Louis. On the other hand, if Edelman re-signs, I don't know if New England would want them both. If Amendola could remain healthy for a full season, I think he's more capable than Edelman in this offense.

If Amendola could remain healthy for a full season, I think he's more capable than Edelman in this offense.

Assuming that he doesn't suddenly up and forget the JMcD offense, hell yes he'd be more capable than Edelman.

Amendola is a very good player when he's able to stay on the field. Only time will tell if he ran through a streak of bad luck or he's made of glass. If Belichick wanted to add him for a reasonable cost (no more than 5 to 5 1/2 million aav in my opinion) then I certainly wouldn't mind. I would however, have the same concerns about injury that everyone else would have.

Like you said, that also would bring into question the need for 3 guys in the make up of Welker, Amendola, and Edelman, so I'm not imagining all 3 on the roster together either.

However if one of them is not signed, and 2 are left, I would be fine with the signing if that's what Belichick thought would help the team, assuming that the cost would be right of course.

I'm with you in theory but Amendola/ Edelman are made out of glass compared to Welker. No one will care about saved money if they're on the sidelines yet again.

I'd much rather have Welker any day of the week and I agree with you, unless Belichick's plan were to utilize the 2 together over the course of the season (assuming you're going to have missed time due to injury).

Even that wouldn't replace Welker's importance to the team, but if he doesn't come back I could at least live with that option of Amendola/Edelman in the slot. They may be able to replace about 3/4 of the production between the 2 of them, although at the end of the day I'm not sure how much money you'd end up saving unless the move was made simply with an eye towards the future and about getting younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/10: News and Notes
MORSE: Draft Analysis and Thoughts on Patriots Rookie Mini Camp
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
Back