PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quote the Patriots' Play: STFU negative nancies

Oh I know. I post a lot of crap, hopefully entertaining at times. I have no need for a Content Post banner, nor do I deserve it.

BTW, I took some shots at you in the poetry thread that were meant to be in fun. But they were shots. You handled them well, and I respect that.

I still think you can be redundant and a little arrogant at times. But the passion is commendable. And you are entertaining in your own way!

I am super happy as all of us are when we win. I do not understand the homers who go insane if someone is criticizing a 2-4 team which went 0-4 at home for the first since Bob originally bought the team. So there's some really weird threads this week with the 'see!' tonality when this team is still 6-4. I hope they make a great run of it but at the same time you have these organizational stooges who have zero credibility.

The vitriol is an escalation response to the vitriolic attacks on BB (etc) because we still have BB but not TB. If Tom fails then it weakens the TB >> BB argument. We're stuck with BB. I believe once TB and BB retire the passions will abate even though the argument (hopefully) will continue.

What an absurd attempt to rationalize your ugly feelings towards Brady. At least Team Tom felt Bill’s decision revealed a reckless ego and questioned if he still had it, concerned about the Patriots. You’re openly revealing you want Tom to fail so somehow so that (the Patriots? Stans like you?) get points on hot takes show about legacies.

QB > coach thinking wasn’t some reactionary, hero worship crap. Many have believed and expressed the sentiment for many years, seeing the nature of pro sports and seeing football as an extension of that.

The vitriol is an escalation response to the vitriolic attacks on BB (etc) because we still have BB but not TB. If Tom fails then it weakens the TB >> BB argument. We're stuck with BB. I believe once TB and BB retire the passions will abate even though the argument (hopefully) will continue.

What is this the Cold War?

Anyone with a brain knows Belichick's resume' would not be as impressive without Brady. And anyone with a brain knows Brady is Brady because he got drafted by the Patriots and was coached by Belichick.

Those without a brain? Arguing and escalating are not likely to educate the brainless. :D

Understood.

I just also question the fandom of anyone who relishes in Brady's failures now.
I'll occasionally go "Tooo bad, sooooo sad," mainly when the local Brady-is-all-there-is guys are in high gear. I think for me it changed the week we played the Bucs. I used to pretend you can "kind of" like the Bucs much more... that week it became, "Hey remember when that guy played for us? He was awesome back then. Now, **** him."

And I don't even think he's a "traitor." He just doesn't play for the New England Patriots. I'm a Patriots fan.

That's the modern NFL... He wasn't right or wrong. He did what made him happy. He would have had to bend over backwards to continue to deal with the NE situation, where they were always dealing with possible cap issues and pushing them into the future. They did that pretty well. He helped them as much as he could. But the cap ride was ending after 20 years.

He could try to eke out some more years at NE, going through putting a team on an aging back and hoping for the best, giving up salary to take fliers on unproven fits in the system, maybe felt taken for granted by the organization, which he saw seeing him as just not a long term concern... or he could take an offer with his crew pre-assembled, and leave.

I don't think the Pats were right or wrong, they valued him how they valued him, understanding that cap money is not an infinite resource (and he had to know something would break in that regard.) I think he was ready to walk based on the weapons there vs. the weapons here - he had been patient a long time, but now he needed good weapons. He can't do this stuff with Reche Caldwell and the like anymore, god bless the glandular freak.

Similarly, the Pats just didn't have the toys for him. They could have stroked his ego with more money in his pocket, but I don't think that's the motivator for TFB. He can always ask Giselle for a loan, and even if they split up, I still don't see running into him outside the piggly wiggly store with a cardboard cup in his hand. But he wanted toys for his birthday, not cash.

So all that said, right now, he's just not a Patriot.

It's kinda cool still to say, hey, Tommy's kickin butt, that's great, that shows people 3 years ago that he's the GOAT (the last time there was any scintilla of a question remaining.)

But yeah every now and then he's had a bad day and I've been fine with the schadenfreude and I sure as hell don't feel one way or the other about it. I know what the deal was in 2001-2019, Tom F Brady forevah, 100 yeahs!!!! But this is 2021. He. Plays. For. Tampa Bay.

Not fair to him to apply "the enemy of my team is the friend of you, making you the enemy of my team" logic, but why be picky about emotional reactions to a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. I mean, if someone here is his buddy and says "Tom Buddy, don't read what that PatsfaninVa guy said tonight on Patsfans.com, I know you usually love his stuff, but don't read it tonight," and then TFB is reported to have wept until he became dehydrated and pulled something in practice the next day, maybe then I'd feel a little guilty, but that seems vanishingly unlikely :D

And btw if anybody thinks having this reaction to a bad Tom day is the fan equivalent of being happy when the New England Patriots lose so they can chirp about how right they are and how terrible a coach BB is, etc. etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum, you are Ross saying "Pivot." Guess what Chandler says.

I had problem with the threads getting out of control. The first page was dominated with Brady threads a lot of last season. Almost every thread turned into a Brady discussion.

You barely posted last season, by your own admission. We both know this is totally inaccurate. If a thread did go off the rails, the Belichick fart sniffers were every bit to blame. The Bucs discussion was contained in one, single thread. Apparently that made some grown men’s pus$ies hurt and a separate sub-forum needed to be created. Meanwhile, we can have threads about guys like Kareem Hunt and Henry Ruggs on the same board and nobody complains.

And as for the as I stated back then, I clearly stated like I have have said in this thread. I have no problem with people being negative and that thread was for people with irrational hate or agendas. Here is a direct link to that post. I won't clog up this thread by reposting it. But I am consistent in my attitude towards negative posting from 2011 to 2021. I don't have a problem with legitimate criticism of this team.

The problem is, those people don’t actually exist. Nobody posting here on a full-time basis has an “agenda” against the team. That’s a mere straw man argument that’s easily collapsible if I ask you to name just one person with an “agenda” against the team. Hell, even FCB and Triumph, two posters who have been classically “glass half empty” guys admit they are wrong when it happens. The former even did so in that very thread. So yes, you are, indeed, raging at people who level criticisms at the team no matter how accurate they are. Those are your “agenda” people.

And the results was far greater than the 3-4 win team that the Chicken Littles were predicting in September.

What was the end result, though? What happened? Why did it happen?

And you are a fraud. Your attitude toward the thread is clearly not what it is today. Your distaste for me now has skewed your view of it. At the time of that thread, you thought was a good poster.

I still think you’re a good contributor. You’re just a massive homer. The board needs people like you to thrive just like it needs people like me. As for being a fraud? I called you douche at the time and then came back after they lost to the Jets saying something like “this aged well” and “let’s hear it for the homers, guys.” I was far from the only one. The mods back then deleted those posts and locked the thread. Since mods can see deleted posts, they should still be able to see them today unless the software changes prevent something like that.

And you just admit that you go back to it whenever the Pats lose and you had to bring it out now a decade later. Congrats!

I did? When did I say that? I said I DID go back to it for a good laugh to ease the pain after a tough loss. Same reason I went back to the “I don’t care, I can’t stand it” thread for a good laugh after a Super Bowl win. I haven’t visited that thread in years until I read this douchy thread. This one reminds me of that one. So don’t flatter yourself, Rob. Your posts aren’t that momentous. They usually have me wondering if your IQ is in the 80s, actually

I think this may make you in the top 5 most pathetic individuals I have ever experienced. I didn't think you would make it, but I relooked at the data and I feel you just squeak in.

Heh. Yeah, you’re definitely not butthurt. No butthurt here whatsoever.

You shouldn’t make snap judgments like that when your reading comprehension is so terrible that you think I said that I still go back to that thread after losses to this day. In any event, considering how you rank quarterback play, I don’t take that as much of an insult. You don’t seem to have any idea what’s going on. If one person, whom you’ve never met, on the internet, is one of the most pathetic individuals you’ve ever come, I’d tell you that should probably step outside for some fresh air, meet people, try to make some friends, and get a life. That statement tells me that you’re not exactly popular with other human beings in the real world.

Maybe try to get laid? You may have to pay them or hold them down, but I’d give it a shot if I were you. If you get caught, just have the judge reference your posts on here. No way he throws the book at someone he thinks is a mongoloid.

I'll occasionally go "Tooo bad, sooooo sad," mainly when the local Brady-is-all-there-is guys are in high gear. I think for me it changed the week we played the Bucs. I used to pretend you can "kind of" like the Bucs much more... that week it became, "Hey remember when that guy played for us? He was awesome back then. Now, **** him."

And I don't even think he's a "traitor." He just doesn't play for the New England Patriots. I'm a Patriots fan.

That's the modern NFL... He wasn't right or wrong. He did what made him happy. He would have had to bend over backwards to continue to deal with the NE situation, where they were always dealing with possible cap issues and pushing them into the future. They did that pretty well. He helped them as much as he could. But the cap ride was ending after 20 years.

He could try to eke out some more years at NE, going through putting a team on an aging back and hoping for the best, giving up salary to take fliers on unproven fits in the system, maybe felt taken for granted by the organization, which he saw seeing him as just not a long term concern... or he could take an offer with his crew pre-assembled, and leave.

I don't think the Pats were right or wrong, they valued him how they valued him, understanding that cap money is not an infinite resource (and he had to know something would break in that regard.) I think he was ready to walk based on the weapons there vs. the weapons here - he had been patient a long time, but now he needed good weapons. He can't do this stuff with Reche Caldwell and the like anymore, god bless the glandular freak.

Similarly, the Pats just didn't have the toys for him. They could have stroked his ego with more money in his pocket, but I don't think that's the motivator for TFB. He can always ask Giselle for a loan, and even if they split up, I still don't see running into him outside the piggly wiggly store with a cardboard cup in his hand. But he wanted toys for his birthday, not cash.

It's kinda cool still to say, hey, Tommy's kickin butt, that's great, that shows people 3 years ago that he's the GOAT (the last time there was any scintilla of a question remaining.)

But yeah every now and then he's had a bad day and I've been fine with the schadenfreude and I sure as hell don't feel one way or the other about it. I know what the deal was in 2001-2019, Tom F Brady forevah, 100 yeahs!!!! But this is 2021. He. Plays. For. Tampa Bay.

Not fair to him to apply "the enemy of my team is the friend of you, making you the enemy of my team" logic, but why be picky about emotional reactions to a Tampa Bay Buccaneer. I mean, if someone here is his buddy and says "Tom Buddy, don't read what that PatsfaninVa guy said tonight on Patsfans.com, I know you usually love his stuff, but don't read it tonight," and then TFB is reported to have wept until he became dehydrated and pulled something in practice the next day, maybe then I'd feel a little guilty, but that seems vanishingly unlikely :D

And btw if anybody thinks having this reaction to a bad Tom day is the fan equivalent of being happy when the New England Patriots lose so they can chirp about how right they are and how terrible a coach BB is, etc. etc., ad infinitum, ad nauseum, you are Ross saying "Pivot." Guess what Chandler says.

I was definitely rooting against Brady in the game against the Patriots. It was the only time I ever actively disliked him on the football field.

Otherwise, I can't do it.

“Friends” is the second-worst show ever made right behind the abomination that is “Big Bang Theory.” I don’t know about “Young Sheldon” outside of the commercials. But I can tell you that, in a lawless world, I would uppercut that kid so hard that he’d fly out of his shoes.

“Friends” is the second-worst show ever made right behind the abomination that is “Big Bang Theory.” I don’t know about “Young Sheldon” outside of the commercials. But I can tell you that, in a lawless world, I would uppercut that kid so hard that he’d fly out of his shoes.
:D come on, how do you really feel about him?

This team was 3 plays away from being 9-1... Only game they were not in was the Saints game.. Just saying

I was definitely rooting against Brady in the game against the Patriots. It was the only time I ever actively disliked him on the football field.

Otherwise, I can't do it.
It was that game that did it. Watching him do his thing, knowing what he's capable of too, I was not into Tom Brady anymore, just like a light switch going off. You know Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet"?

"Now you say oh yeah Romeo, yeah, you know I used to have scene with him..."

Flip the channels around and now it's mainly "meh, Brady." I don't like counter-factuals, but this one comforts me, and is likely the case: TFB having a ring in 2020 wasn't going to happen in New England. Since WE weren't getting one either way, okay that he got it in Tampa. Now there's way too much excitement watching M. Jones grow into the role to worry about Brady.

But don't lie - we make an unlikely trip to the SB, Tampa makes a somewhat more likely trip there, and NE beats TB head on... would that or would that not be sweeter than seeing Manning face?

It was that game that did it. Watching him do his thing, knowing what he's capable of too, I was not into Tom Brady anymore, just like a light switch going off. You know Dire Straits "Romeo and Juliet"?

"Now you say oh yeah Romeo, yeah, you know I used to have scene with him..."

Flip the channels around and now it's mainly "meh, Brady." I don't like counter-factuals, but this one comforts me, and is likely the case: TFB having a ring in 2020 wasn't going to happen in New England. Since WE weren't getting one either way, okay that he got it in Tampa. Now there's way too much excitement watching M. Jones grow into the role to worry about Brady.

But don't lie - we make an unlikely trip to the SB, Tampa makes a somewhat more likely trip there, and NE beats TB head on... would that or would that not be sweeter than seeing Manning face?
I gotta be honest. I would rather beat anyone other than Brady in the SB. Can't help it. If the matchup actually happened, I would be 100% against Brady, of course. Would just rather not have to go there.

For epic, you can't write this shyt reasons, a Bucs/Pats SB would be amazing though.

What's funny is I am less than impressed with Brady off the field. He's a weirdo and does not seem like someone I'd want to hang around. But on the field, I am loyal to him 2nd only to the Patriots.

The great thing is I believe another SB is inevitable because of Mac!

Montana won 4, Young won 1. That means the ratio of championships for HOFer replacing a HOFer is 4:1. Since Brady won 6 here, Mac should win 1.5. Of course, you have to round that up to 2.

That's my math and my logic.

This thread seems to have a lot of drunk posting and I'm here for it...I'll participate tomorrow night. Staying sober tonight :confused:

You shouldn’t make snap judgments like that when your reading comprehension is so terrible that you think I said that I still go back to that thread after losses to this day. In any event, considering how you rank quarterback play, I don’t take that as much of an insult. You don’t seem to have any idea what’s going on. If one person, whom you’ve never met, on the internet, is one of the most pathetic individuals you’ve ever come, I’d tell you that should probably step outside for some fresh air, meet people, try to make some friends, and get a life. That statement tells me that you’re not exactly popular with other human beings in the real world.

Maybe try to get laid? You may have to pay them or hold them down, but I’d give it a shot if I were you. If you get caught, just have the judge reference your posts on here. No way he throws the book at someone he thinks is a mongoloid.

Rob coming at you with all he's got left.

43VKVKL.gif

You barely posted last season, by your own admission. We both know this is totally inaccurate. If a thread did go off the rails, the Belichick fart sniffers were every bit to blame. The Bucs discussion was contained in one, single thread. Apparently that made some grown men’s pus$ies hurt and a separate sub-forum needed to be created. Meanwhile, we can have threads about guys like Kareem Hunt and Henry Ruggs on the same board and nobody complains.

The problem is, those people don’t actually exist. Nobody posting here on a full-time basis has an “agenda” against the team. That’s a mere straw man argument that’s easily collapsible if I ask you to name just one person with an “agenda” against the team. Hell, even FCB and Triumph, two posters who have been classically “glass half empty” guys admit they are wrong when it happens. The former even did so in that very thread. So yes, you are, indeed, raging at people who level criticisms at the team no matter how accurate they are. Those are your “agenda” people.

What was the end result, though? What happened? Why did it happen?

I still think you’re a good contributor. You’re just a massive homer. The board needs people like you to thrive just like it needs people like me. As for being a fraud? I called you douche at the time and then came back after they lost to the Jets saying something like “this aged well” and “let’s hear it for the homers, guys.” I was far from the only one. The mods back then deleted those posts and locked the thread. Since mods can see deleted posts, they should still be able to see them today unless the software changes prevent something like that.

I did? When did I say that? I said I DID go back to it for a good laugh to ease the pain after a tough loss. Same reason I went back to the “I don’t care, I can’t stand it” thread for a good laugh after a Super Bowl win. I haven’t visited that thread in years until I read this douchy thread. This one reminds me of that one. So don’t flatter yourself, Rob. Your posts aren’t that momentous. They usually have me wondering if your IQ is in the 80s, actually

Heh. Yeah, you’re definitely not butthurt. No butthurt here whatsoever.

LOL! I was throwing back the top 5 BS at you. Sorry dude. You are an anonymous internet tough guy. Couldn’t give a crap about you. Don‘t confuse my internet arguing style with me giving a crap about you. I thought it was a bit pathetic for you to dig up decade old thread to throw in my face, but hey, you be you!

But for the rest of your post, I will let you have the last word because quite frankly most of your post was tldr.

As far as Brady off field, unlike his on field persona, I'm guessing he's a bit of a softie and lets people manipulate/steer him.
I can't imagine butting heads with Giselle...who probably doesn't take no for an answer (kinda like my Chinese wife).

All purely a guess on my part...obviously.

I gotta be honest. I would rather beat anyone other than Brady in the SB. Can't help it. If the matchup actually happened, I would be 100% against Brady, of course. Would just rather not have to go there.

For epic, you can't write this shyt reasons, a Bucs/Pats SB would be amazing though.

What's funny is I am less than impressed with Brady off the field. He's a weirdo and does not seem like someone I'd want to hang around. But on the field, I am loyal to him 2nd only to the Patriots.

Montana won 4, Young won 1. That means the ratio of championships for HOFer replacing a HOFer is 4:1. Since Brady won 6 here, Mac should win 1.5. Of course, you have to round that up to 2.

You're missing something. Brady's career with the Pats was almost exactly as long as Montana+Young's (1979-1999). In his time with NE, he won 6 rings. Montana + Young won 5 total. It is a downgrade to Brady's run to say he was his own Steve Young on top of being Joe Montana.

So Mac's just the next step in the evolution :D

As far as Brady off field, unlike his on field persona, I'm guessing he's a bit of a softie and lets people manipulate/steer him.
I can't imagine butting heads with Giselle...who probably doesn't take no for an answer (kinda like my Chinese wife).

All purely a guess on my part...obviously.
You know, I think you're right. He's dumb enough to think "yeah rah rah rah rich guy's the best!" when you ask his politics, but chill enough to say "but I don't wanna hang anybody ("we're not ISIS")" And if Giselle says the climate is warming, she can make you believe the climate is warming.

Euclidberry?...or Dinglethagoras? Inquiring no-minds want to know...

I really dont like Brady now, I do rout for Brady and Bucs though . If Pats dont win SB then I want Brady to get as many rings as possible. If Mac doesnt win MVP then I want Brady to get it. :oops:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back