PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Quote the Patriots' Play: STFU negative nancies

FIFY. Remember that last TD drive, and Meyer’s first TD, was Hoyer’s handiwork.
Huh? Hoyer has only played in garbage time, i.e. when the game was already decided. It is absurd to claim equivalence with production when the game is still undecided.

I guess I'm a Brady bunch guy. Brady and BB delivered so many great moments over the last twenty years. For awhile it seemed like I was heading up to Maine for yet another super bowl party every other year. I'll continue to watch Brady until he hangs them up. Not sure how that makes me not a Patriots fan.
It doesn't and I have no problem with someone being both a Brady fan and a Pats fan. But at least two of you have announced they're only interested in Brady to the point where they will stop following football after he retires. No way they are still Pats fans.

I sure do. $50 a mow. Edging too. It's a good deal. By no means I am wealthy but I have a ****load of lawn. I do everything else like fertilizer, mulch, trim shrubs, flowerbeds, etc. I like yard work, actually.

Foliage is way too late this year. Usually i'm done with the leaves before Thanksgiving but I have way too many oak trees. At this point those leaves won't have fallen until January.
I haven't mowed my lawn in 4 years, I pay some kids to do it, $140 month and frees up my weekends to golf or work, I can make more on one Saturday than the kids charge me to mow for a month, I'm also older so there's that. I pay the kids $250 to clean up my leaves in the fall and that opens two weekends for me trying to do it alone.

I guess I'm a Brady bunch guy. Brady and BB delivered so many great moments over the last twenty years. For awhile it seemed like I was heading up to Maine for yet another super bowl party every other year. I'll continue to watch Brady until he hangs them up. Not sure how that makes me not a Patriots fan.
Me too. I root for Brady and the Bucs to win every game except against the Patriots. No ****in pink hat here. Still have frost bite on my arse cheeks from the aluminum bleachers. Patriots fan no matter the record. Always will be.

I do not understand "fans" who root against the Patriots because of a loyalty to Tom Brady. If you do that, you never were a Patriots fan.

However, the "fans" who look for any excuse to put down Brady now are just as pathetic. Half of their arguments make them sound like Colts' fans from a decade ago. There are very few figures who rise above the team in sports. The only 3 in my lifetime are Brady, Belichick, and Orr. I was a kid when Orr went to the Blackhawks. I wanted him to be great and win every game not against the Bruins. If Belichick suddenly went to another franchise, I would want him to succeed unless it was at the expense of the Patriots. Brady has earned that loyalty from me as well.

For 20 years, we have experienced success and entitlement as fans that no other pro sports fans have experienced in generations. Two men are primarily responsible for that. Two men are responsible for my kid wondering how the hell the Patriots weren't in the playoffs last year. I guess I can understand being ambivalent to Brady now (I guess), but being spiteful toward him and his success? Says more about you.

Card carrying Brady Bunch member here. And I'll put my history as a Pats fan and my obsession with the team against anyone here--especially those who can't stand the GOAT now that he had the audacity to play for another team.

And I know most would add Bird to that list above. Go ahead. I'd rather pick lice from my pubic region with pliers than watch basketball. I'll take your word for it.

It doesn't and I have no problem with someone being both a Brady fan and a Pats fan. But at least two of you have announced they're only interested in Brady to the point where they will stop following football after he retires. No way they are still Pats fans.

I have been and will continue to be super critical of Patriot losses and failures, but primarily because I want BB to stay, as my worst fan nightmare is the replacements and staff after BB.

For me, it's not just a Brady thing. I started disliking the product a long time ago and then came to the realization that the young generation loves this brand of football. I am 47 so the NFL is not marketing to me even though they will need my generations money to thrive as they have been.

I will certainly always have an eye on the Pats post-Brady as I have been in NE my entire life but the passion I once had is long gone.

To me, Brady represents the end of the quality of football I really enjoyed so I feel like I have to see him through to the end of his career. Plus I just love watching the guy play.

It is no surprise to me and I would imagine most on this forum that Bill drafted a Qb in the image of Brady. I am thrilled about that as I really do enjoy that style of Qbing. It's just too bad that the overall product and Roger are so putrid.

I haven't mowed my lawn in 4 years, I pay some kids to do it, $140 month and frees up my weekends to golf or work, I can make more on one Saturday than the kids charge me to mow for a month, I'm also older so there's that. I pay the kids $250 to clean up my leaves in the fall and that opens two weekends for me trying to do it alone.
I think I might hire someone to do my leaves. Guy will charge me $350 but I have about an acre of grass and mulch. I dunno.

I needed to end my golf season early as I have a partially torn tendon in my wrist. Doc says I won't need surgery but not 100% sure. That'll f-up my 2022 golf season big time.

Me too. I root for Brady and the Bucs to win every game except against the Patriots. No ****in pink hat here. Still have frost bite on my arse cheeks from the aluminum bleachers. Patriots fan no matter the record. Always will be.

I do not understand "fans" who root against the Patriots because of a loyalty to Tom Brady. If you do that, you never were a Patriots fan.

However, the "fans" who look for any excuse to put down Brady now are just as pathetic. Half of their arguments make them sound like Colts' fans from a decade ago. There are very few figures who rise above the team in sports. The only 3 in my lifetime are Brady, Belichick, and Orr. I was a kid when Orr went to the Blackhawks. I wanted him to be great and win every game not against the Bruins. If Belichick suddenly went to another franchise, I would want him to succeed unless it was at the expense of the Patriots. Brady has earned that loyalty from me as well.

For 20 years, we have experienced success and entitlement as fans that no other pro sports fans have experienced in generations. Two men are primarily responsible for that. Two men are responsible for my kid wondering how the hell the Patriots weren't in the playoffs last year. I guess I can understand being ambivalent to Brady now (I guess), but being spiteful toward him and his success? Says more about you.

Card carrying Brady Bunch member here. And I'll put my history as a Pats fan and my obsession with the team against anyone here--especially those who can't stand the GOAT now that he had the audacity to play for another team.

And I know most would add Bird to that list above. Go ahead. I'd rather pick lice from my pubic region with pliers than watch basketball. I'll take your word for it.
My intended use of the term "Brady Bunch" is limited to those posters here who argue passionately that TB >> BB, i.e. not only follow and root for Brady, but claim that Brady was largely if not entirely responsible for the Patriots dynastic success, and in particular that BB had little or nothing to do with it, or even that BB held Brady back from even greater success. While I think it's not unreasonable to argue TB >> BB, those Brady Bunch posters here who clearly relish the team's failures post Brady and are silent about or critical of its successes while openly rooting for Tompa Bay are just not really Pats fans anymore.

My intended use of the term "Brady Bunch" is limited to those posters here who argue passionately that TB >> BB, i.e. not only follow and root for Brady, but claim that Brady was largely if not entirely responsible for the Patriots dynastic success, and in particular that BB had little or nothing to do with it, or even that BB held Brady back from even greater success. While I think it's not unreasonable to argue TB >> BB, those Brady Bunch posters here who clearly relish the team's failures post Brady and are silent about or critical of its successes while openly rooting for Tompa Bay are just not really Pats fans anymore.

Understood.

I just also question the fandom of anyone who relishes in Brady's failures now.

Last edited:
My intended use of the term "Brady Bunch" is limited to those posters here who argue passionately that TB >> BB, i.e. not only follow and root for Brady, but claim that Brady was largely if not entirely responsible for the Patriots dynastic success, and in particular that BB had little or nothing to do with it, or even that BB held Brady back from even greater success. While I think it's not reasonable to argue TB >> BB, those Brady Bunch posters here who clearly relish the team's failures post Brady and are silent about its successes while openly rooting for Tompa Bay are just not really Pats fans anymore.

Just curious: who the **** are you? A lot of categorizing/judging from a guy who has posted about 5% of the volume of most of long-time forum members he’s criticizing. Let’s see…

Here we go: a guy says Stidham sucks (he was right) and like the predictable ***** you are, you answer everything by accusing him of being a Brady stan. That’s you, crying that everyone is blaming Belichick about Harry and Stidham because nothing can ever be a legit observation when it challenges your bizarre idol worshipping reality.

1637190593216.png

Then here’s you again. After talking a bunch of ****, you disappeared for almost a year right when they hit their rough patch 4 game losing streak. Who is the bandwagoner, fair weather fan? Hmmm…

1637190433811.png

Understood.

I also want to add that the whining to move Tom Brady topics off this forum was the weakest, limp **** thing I have seen here.

Pretty sure those people moan loudly when they wipe their asses.

I also want to add that the whining to move Tom Brady topics off this forum was the weakest, limp **** thing I have seen here.

Pretty sure those people moan loudly when they wipe their asses.

Likely a high overlap with the dorks whining to add a super-lame "content post" graphic to certain threads.

I can say this a million times, but my loyalty to Brady is like 100X enhanced due to Deflategate. If that hadn’t happen, I wouldn’t even pay much attention to Tom post-Pats. But I feel like I took a blood oath when that happened, and nothing beats the enjoyment of watching Tom rip beating hearts out of the chests of haters.

To be honest, the main reason I’ve had more trouble getting really “into the Pats” on the same level of passion as Brady, has more to do with the Patriots championship turnover than anything. I’m not hating the team because of the breakup. I’m just missing not just Brady but all those guys: Edelman, Gronk, Amendola, Wilfork, Gostkowski. It just takes some time for the new players and new identity to grow on me. When the Pats and Bucs are on, I usually have one game on the tv and one on the ipad.

But rooting for the Bucs is very different. They’re fun to follow with all the star players, but I just don’t feel it in my bones the same waiting wanting them to win. It isn’t the same as rooting for Tom to win with the Patriots. There’s a whole missing dimension of passion for my home team.

But whatever…if people are happy rooting for either team, or both teams, good for them. I really just like to see good discussion here, which is why I try to be pleasant even to fans of rivals, as long as they’re adding solid opinions. And even the self-identified Bucs fans here offer a lot of insight about the Patriots.

Likely a high overlap with the dorks whining to add a super-lame "content post" graphic to certain threads.

I don't understand that. All of my posts are high in content, and I have never received that distinction.

The poetry thread? If that's not a CONTENT THREAD, I don't know what it is.

Understood.

For my part, I don't root for Tom anymore because he's on another team. It's similar to what happened when Adam left. But I don't dispute Tom's GOAT-ness and his literally unbelievable ongoing success. I certainly *hope* it's not true that TB >> BB, that's only because all we have left is BB. Last year was certainly a major vote for Tom. But hopefully you can understand that as a Pats fan I *hope* it's proven not to be true that TB >> BB. But realistically, I believe that the best possible case for us Pats/BB fans is that TB == BB in dynastic contribution.

Notation clarification: by "TB >> BB" I mean to say Tom was much more important than BB.

For my part, I don't root for Tom anymore because he's on another team. It's similar to what happened when Adam left. But I don't dispute Tom's GOAT-ness and his literally unbelievable ongoing success. I certainly *hope* it's not true that TB >> BB, that's only because all we have left is BB. Last year was certainly a major vote for Tom. But hopefully you can understand that as a Pats fan I *hope* it's proven not to be true that TB >> BB. But realistically, I believe that the best possible case for us Pats/BB fans is that TB == BB in dynastic contribution.
I did say I sort of understand indifference toward Brady now. Sort of. I do not understand the vitriol.

Those are not true fans.

I don't understand that. All of my posts are high in content, and I have never received that distinction.

The poetry thread? If that's not a CONTENT THREAD, I don't know what it is.

I'm not talking about you. I was saying the same incredibly lame thin-skinned dorks who pushed to add the 'content post' moniker ('things I read') are likely the same lame homers who couldn't deal with any talk about TB12. They are stooge robots for the regime.

I did say I sort of understand indifference toward Brady now. Sort of. I do not understand the vitriol.
The vitriol is an escalation response to the vitriolic attacks on BB (etc) because we still have BB but not TB. If Tom fails then it weakens the TB >> BB argument. We're stuck with BB. I believe once TB and BB retire the passions will abate even though the argument (hopefully) will continue.

I'm not talking about you. I was saying the same incredibly lame thin-skinned dorks who pushed to add the 'content post' moniker ('things I read') are likely the same lame homers who couldn't deal with any talk about TB12. They are stooge robots for the regime.

Oh I know. I post a lot of crap, hopefully entertaining at times. I have no need for a Content Post banner, nor do I deserve it.

BTW, I took some shots at you in the poetry thread that were meant to be in fun. But they were shots. You handled them well, and I respect that.

I still think you can be redundant and a little arrogant at times. But the passion is commendable. And you are entertaining in your own way!

The vitriol is an escalation response to the vitriolic attacks on BB (etc) because we still have BB but not TB. If Tom fails then it weakens the TB >> BB argument. We're stuck with BB. I believe once TB and BB retire the passions will abate even though the argument (hopefully) will continue.

BB better not retire or leave because this team is total horsesh-t without BB. If you need an example look up Denver'10 and St Louis'11. Or even just old BB in 2019 post-Nov or 2020.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back