PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pro Football Talk: Pats attempting to acquire Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Moss Patriots talks strong (LINK)

MrTibbs said:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

"MOSS TO PATS RUMORS GATHERING STEAM

Our network of NFL sources is buzzing with talk that the New England Patriots are trying to work a trade with the Raiders for receiver Randy Moss. "It's getting strong," a league source told us a little while ago."

Considering most of the stories about this are just rumors, how much of a rumor does a rumor have to be to actually be labelled a rumor?:confused:

RayClay said:
Considering most of the stories about this are just rumors, how much of a rumor does a rumor have to be to actually be labelled a rumor?:confused:

Mods - please merge with the crypticaly named "ProfootballTalk Rumor: Moss to Patriots" thread

JoeSixPat said:
Mods - please merge with the crypticaly named "ProfootballTalk Rumor: Moss to Patriots" thread

I wondered what that other thread was about.. I'm glad this one explained it.

;) haha

brdmaverick said:
not to digress but..........those are some badass sigs you have

..ok, now for Randy Moss

We all know that we don't need him to make the playoffs, but I think he would make us Super Bowl favorites again.

He would open up the offense big time. Everyone would benefit from having him around.

Our wide receivers at the moment lack talent AND depth. Jackson is already in and out of the lineup, what if Troy Brown, Caldwell, or Gabriel were injured. The Pats had major injury issues at WR over their Super Bowl runs but had the depth to overcome it. I don't think we would have the depth to sustain injuries this year. Moss is needed in the WR corp.

THat would be great to see him in a pats uni against the BIlls on SUnday. He doesn't need to learn that many plays to be effective. Run as fast as you can down teh field and catch the ball. That's all he needs.

I agree 100%! having Moss makes the whole WR corp that much more effective. DBs have to really pay attention to him as well as the our other WRs. Couple that with Brady's ability to spread the ball and find his open man.....it would be AWESOME!!

Jay

I literally burst out laughing when I read posters who say they don't want RANDY MOSS on the Patriots.

I mean, how stupid and stubborn do you have to be to pass up on a guy like Moss?

The Pats have over 10 million to work with this year. I'm pretty sure they can accelerate his cap hit to this year and still be able to sign our best FA's.

I just cannot believe that anyone who thinks they know the game of football, would say that they do not want him to play for the Pats.....Unbelievable.

Can anyone here say that they have heard NFL players say that he's a turd or are you just going by what the media says about him?

brdmaverick said:
not to digress but..........those are some badass sigs you have

..ok, now for Randy Moss

We all know that we don't need him to make the playoffs, but I think he would make us Super Bowl favorites again.

He would open up the offense big time. Everyone would benefit from having him around.

Our wide receivers at the moment lack talent AND depth. Jackson is already in and out of the lineup, what if Troy Brown, Caldwell, or Gabriel were injured. The Pats had major injury issues at WR over their Super Bowl runs but had the depth to overcome it. I don't think we would have the depth to sustain injuries this year. Moss is needed in the WR corp.

THat would be great to see him in a pats uni against the BIlls on SUnday. He doesn't need to learn that many plays to be effective. Run as fast as you can down teh field and catch the ball. That's all he needs.

I'll try and find a link to the page I got them. A poster on a Red Sox board made about thirty of them for anyone to use. They are some nice looking graphics.

I agree with the rest of your post. We're just too thin at WR right now. God forbid Brown or Gabriel go down with any significant injury. We'd be toast. It's the one area that needs to be improved. Now that we know Moss won't be coming here this season, we need to hope Gaffney gels with Brady. Quite a drop off in expectations from Randy Moss to Jabar Gaffney. Luckily Maroney has been a stud, and Dillon has bounced back. The running game is going to carry this offense for the time being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft